I’m so proud of them boys…

I’m so proud of them boys…

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
233d

@metal-brain said
That is your psychological projection.

I don't recall you ever denying Epps was an FBI or CIA agent. You approve of him setting up Trump to make it look like he wanted people to storm the CB to give the appearance of an insurrection. That is why you don't want Epps charged with his other crimes.

You know he is guilty of trespassing on Capital grounds too. That is irrefutable. Do you want him charged with that? Yes or no?
LMAO! I "never denied" it? No, just repeatedly pointed out there isn't a shred of evidence to support it.

Epps was charged with a violation of 18 USC 1752 which is the same statute regarding trespassing on Capitol grounds. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1752

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23980924-ray-epps-charges

True, it's a different paragraph but since the acts constituting the offenses are both the same, it would mean the same sentence anyway and Epps is going to plead guilty, so I see no reason to bother. https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/politics/ray-epps-capitol-january-6-charges/index.html

MB

Moves
233d

@no1marauder said
LMAO! I "never denied" it? No, just repeatedly pointed out there isn't a shred of evidence to support it.

Epps was charged with a violation of 18 USC 1752 which is the same statute regarding trespassing on Capitol grounds. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1752

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23980924-ray-epps-charges

True, it's a different parag ...[text shortened]... son to bother. https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/politics/ray-epps-capitol-january-6-charges/index.html
Was he charged with 2 counts?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
233d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Was he charged with 2 counts?
The CNN article I showed you says he's going to plead to one count; many, many of the January 6th defendants pled to only one count though they were technically in violation of several statutes. That's common in cases which are resolved by plea bargains.

MB

Moves
233d

@no1marauder
I don't recall you ever denying Epps was an FBI or CIA agent. You approve of him setting up Trump to make it look like he wanted people to storm the CB to give the appearance of an insurrection.

Why are you so opposed to Epps being charged with seditious conspiracy? He admitted he orchestrated it and said he would go to jail for saying it but said it anyway. He encouraged peaceful protesters to become a mob and do illegal things to disrupt the process of democracy. Do you deny he did that?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
233d

@metal-brain said
@no1marauder
I don't recall you ever denying Epps was an FBI or CIA agent. You approve of him setting up Trump to make it look like he wanted people to storm the CB to give the appearance of an insurrection.

Why are you so opposed to Epps being charged with seditious conspiracy? He admitted he orchestrated it and said he would go to jail for saying it but said it anyw ...[text shortened]... to become a mob and do illegal things to disrupt the process of democracy. Do you deny he did that?
You don't seem to pay any attention whatsoever to what others post, so why should I bother going over the same ground I just did AGAIN?

Your first paragraph is ridiculous idiocy, so I'll ignore that entirely.

As for the second paragraph, as I already explained, Epps isn't guilty of seditious conspiracy because he didn't conspire with anybody. What part of that don't you get?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
233d

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both."

Got that "two or more persons" "conspiring" together.

MB

Moves
233d

@no1marauder said
18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or del ...[text shortened]... soned not more than twenty years, or both."

Got that "two or more persons" "conspiring" together.
The entire crowd of protesters is far more than 2 people. He conspired with the entire crowd.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
233d

@metal-brain said
The entire crowd of protesters is far more than 2 people. He conspired with the entire crowd.
That's an absurd theory that no prosecutor would ever attempt; the idea that one person "conspired" with over 100,000.

By that "logic", you could charge everyone in the crowd with "seditious conspiracy" and millions of others besides - anyone who suggested that the crowd going into the Capitol was justified.

MB

Moves
233d

@no1marauder said
That's an absurd theory that no prosecutor would ever attempt; the idea that one person "conspired" with over 100,000.

By that "logic", you could charge everyone in the crowd with "seditious conspiracy" and millions of others besides - anyone who suggested that the crowd going into the Capitol was justified.
Who said it was over 100,000? Stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

Why would the whole crowd have to be charged? You would have to prove every person in the crowd did what he said and you know that is not the case. The protesters who called him a fed caught on to his BS and knew better.

Furthermore, that proud boy did the same thing. He told people to go into the CB. That is why he is in prison for seditious conspiracy. They both conspired, but the guy that stayed home while Epps was in the thick of it is in prison, not Epps.

Epps should go to prison for 20 years. He attempted an insurrection by your own stated standards.

MB

Moves
232d

@no1marauder said

If disrupting congress to delay a vote is such a bad thing do you want Rep. Jamaal Bowman to face charges?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/no-ukraine-funds-mccarthy-throws-11th-hour-hail-mary-avert-shutdown

After all, the Proud Boys merely delayed the inevitable, right? If that is so bad where is the outrage against Rep. Jamaal Bowman? He used to be a teacher and a principal and knows how fire alarms work.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
231d
1 edit

Larry Lawton, a reformed felon, formerly a "Goodfella" associate with the Cosa Nostra and a professional jewelry thief, agrees that solitary confinement (AKA SHU or "the Hole" ) is torture.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
231d

@athousandyoung said
Larry Lawton, a reformed felon, formerly a "Goodfella" associate with the Cosa Nostra and a professional jewelry thief, agrees that solitary confinement (AKA SHU or "the Hole" ) is torture.

[youtube LL Hole is Torture]csJGSDf6tow[/youtube]
There are prisoners that can't be controlled, and then as you've mentioned, there are some it's the only way to give protection.

Joe Biggs did not fit either criteria.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
231d

@wajoma said
There are prisoners that can't be controlled, and then as you've mentioned, there are some it's the only way to give protection.

Joe Biggs did not fit either criteria.
Torture is torture no matter who it is that is being tortured.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
231d

@athousandyoung said
Torture is torture no matter who it is that is being tortured.
Never said otherwise, in fact I have stated overtly that it is torture. It's a difficult situation for the authorities to deal with given the resources they have. Do you have some alternative to isolating prisoners that cannot be managed or need protection?

Both criteria which Biggs did not fit, the only conclusion is it was political and they were attempting to torture Biggs into lying for 'a deal'. To his credit he held firm.

There's a difference between (in the case of protective custody) using the only available resource to protect someone and using it to maliciously torture someone into making them say something. Extracting information under such circumstances is an unreliable way of getting the truth as people will say anything to make it stop. The authorities aren't interested in the truth.

In the case of a prisoner too difficult to handle there's nothing he can say to make it stop. The only conclusion can be BIggs in being tortured into lying. Do you see the difference.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
231d

@wajoma said
Never said otherwise, in fact I have stated overtly that it is torture. It's a difficult situation for the authorities to deal with given the resources they have. Do you have some alternative to isolating prisoners that cannot be managed or need protection?

Both criteria which Biggs did not fit, the only conclusion is it was political and they were attempting to torture Bi ...[text shortened]... it stop. The only conclusion can be BIggs in being tortured into lying. Do you see the difference.
You persist in assuming/implying every other prisoner than Biggs that gets isolation deserves it but Biggs doesn't. An excellent example of doublethink.

My solution is to have shorter sentences, fewer laws, and higher taxes to fund more spacious and humane prisons for the now-smaller prison population.

Your solution is apparently to torture prisoners that you don't like.