F-35

F-35

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
11 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Liar.

I don't lie.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
11 Mar 21

@Duchess64
As I already have pointed out several times (though Americans still love to deny it),
JFK was eager to attack China before it could develop an atomic bomb

Liar.

D

Moves
11 Mar 21

w

Moves
16 Mar 21

@earl-of-trumps said
"Right. The money can be spent on more productive things, though, right?"
------------

well, yes. The money is misspent. They have so much of it it is hard for them to keep track. But, the special interest groups surely get some love spent on them.

Spend on science...? Man, do the liberals scream when they see the NASA budget ($21 Billion). We spend $158 Billion on the military, no problem.

But it's all going to come crashing down, anyway
If money were properly allocated/spent, it would not all come crashing down.

w

Moves
16 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@kmax87
So 6 gen is going to take another 20 years?
Hopefully 6 gen also has a higher tech feature for 'rebooting' the airplane while in flight.
Sometimes pilots have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete while in flight to reboot the multimillion-dollar radar.
https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/542412-the-f-35-tells-everything-thats-broken-in-the-pentagon

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
Yes that is typical of China. They buy just enough of something to reverse engineer it and then manufacture it themselves. It makes it very difficult for any country to make money selling their advanced arms to China.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/Russia-up-in-arms-over-Chinese-theft-of-military-technology

D

Moves
17 Mar 21

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 Mar 21

@AThousandYoung

Basically saying that failing to replace the F16 does not mean that the F35 is a failure.

D

Moves
17 Mar 21
1 edit

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 Mar 21

@Duchess64

I am not at all against the idea of "many less capable" instead of "few superior"

the pentagon intel discusses this option, of course, but right now, the skid$ are grea$ed

w

Moves
17 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
[youtube China "Stolen" tech]4asb8BoYxRs[/youtube]

[youtube More F35 Analysis]-e2WydjQuWA[/youtube]
It' a $1.7 trillion paperweight. Imagine you're in a dogfight in your F-35 and the computer crashes and you have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot the system in flight.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
17 Mar 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
It' a $1.7 trillion paperweight. Imagine you're in a dogfight in your F-35 and the computer crashes and you have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot the system in flight.
That was six years ago. I'm sure they've patched the system.

w

Moves
17 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
That was six years ago. I'm sure they've patched the system.
How? By feeding hundred dollar bills through the air intake on the jet engines?

I mean, it's a flying computer. It's gonna crash occassionally. It's also been hacked before, several times, according to the Snowden documents.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
17 Mar 21
2 edits

@wildgrass said
How? By feeding hundred dollar bills through the air intake on the jet engines?

I mean, it's a flying computer. It's gonna crash occassionally. It's also been hacked before, several times, according to the Snowden documents.
The F16 is a flying computer too. That’s why it’s called the ‘electric jet’ with ‘fly by wire’ controls. The B2 cannot even fly or glide with stability without constant computers. My Prius is a rolling computer. Never had to control alt delete to get it started.

https://www.f-16.net/articles_article13.html

w

Moves
18 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
The F16 is a flying computer too. That’s why it’s called the ‘electric jet’ with ‘fly by wire’ controls. The B2 cannot even fly or glide with stability without constant computers. My Prius is a rolling computer. Never had to control alt delete to get it started.

https://www.f-16.net/articles_article13.html
Has the F-16 ever been hacked or vulnerable to an in-flight reboot?