1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 11:081 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    What? You are actually criticizing TRUMP?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/03/turkeys-purchase-of-russian-missile-system-defies-nato

Sounds like it wasn't just the US worried about that.
    It *was* just the US b'yotching ab out it. I think it is because the S-400 can take out the F-35 but that's just a guess.

As far as Trump goes, sonhouse, will you get it out of your thick f'n skull, I am not married to Trump.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 11:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Here it is: the Russians
    might learn enough about the F-35's weaknesses, if in proximity to S-400s, to shoot it down more easily.

Well done, Duchess64.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 17:06
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    That will only be a matter of WHEN not IF. Whether or not they buy the jets Russia will figure out the weaknesses just using normal spy stuff.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 17:382 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    That will only be a matter of WHEN not IF. Whether or not they buy the jets Russia will figure out the weaknesses just using normal spy stuff.
    Yes, of course... eventually. Here's some interesting stuff on the S-400 cost
    ----------------------

Russia is luring international arms buyers with a missile system that costs much less than models made by American companies

WASHINGTON — The Russian S-400 missile system costs a fraction of rival platforms made by U.S. companies, one of the major reasons several countries are interested in dealing with the Kremlin despite the potential for blowback.

Russia’s S-400, a mobile long-range surface-to-air missile system, costs approximately $500 million, whereas a Patriot Pac-2 battery costs $1 billion and a THAAD battery rings in at about $3 billion, according to people with first-hand knowledge of a U.S. intelligence assessment.

Lockheed Martin makes the THAAD, or terminal high altitude area defense, system, while Raytheon makes the Patriot system.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/russia-lures-buyers-as-s-400-missile-system-costs-less-than-us-models.html
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 17:54
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    So the question is which one is the most effective at its job?
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 18:08
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    So the question is which one is the most effective at its job?
    I don't give a hoot what anyone tells ya, the S-400 is *by far* the best SAM in the world. The Chinese even bought it.
    click the link above, 13 countries want to buy it. the Us wants to sanction them LOL!

You are talking about the people that took out Gary Powers flying his U-2 spy plane at 70,000 ft. in 1960.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 19:47
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Russia gave Turkey a watered down version of the S-400.

https://defenceview.in/s-400-use-by-turkey-are-far-from-the-best-russian-expert/
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 20:381 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Russia gave Turkey a watered down version of the S-400.

https://defenceview.in/s-400-use-by-turkey-are-far-from-the-best-russian-expert/
    That is surprising.

S-400-Turkey
    January 30, 2021 - Missile, Latest News, Middle East, Russia
    S-400 use by Turkey are far from the best: Russian expert

The S-400 air defense systems sold to Turkey turned out to be defective.
    --------------

The Russian S-400 Triumph air defense systems put into service with Turkey turned out to be completely different in comparison with those systems that are in service with the Russian army. According to the data presented by the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper, the Triumphs sold to Turkey use different equipment and the principle of detecting and engaging targets, and with open interference in the systems of these Russian weapons, it is unlikely that it will be possible to obtain any information about Russian weapons.

-----------------

Now, why then is the US still so darn angry? I'm not sure now.

Also, why isn't Turkey really angry? They just got sold a bunch of guano, no?

Could be too, your sources are wrong, but clearly something to be on the lookout for.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 20:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    That is surprising.

[i]
    S-400-Turkey
    January 30, 2021 - Missile, Latest News, Middle East, Russia
    S-400 use by Turkey are far from the best: Russian expert

The S-400 air defense systems sold to Turkey turned out to be defective.
    --------------

The Russian S-400 Triumph air defense systems put into service with Turkey turned out to be completely different ...[text shortened]... guano, no?

Could be too, your sources are wrong, but clearly something to be on the lookout for.
    Export models of weapons are generally lower tech. Tank exports are a classic example. Other countries M1 Abrams or T72s are never as good as the ones the manufacturer has.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 21:172 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 21:24

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 21:27

13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 21:44
    @Duchess64

The Russians may find out what the Turks learn from this process.

I suspect the Russians have technicians/advisors in place in Turkey manning those missiles since installation.

What people don't understand about these complex systems is, a customer doesn't just buy it
    like a car and start driving it around. It takes time to teach many people how to use the system.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say the Russians have men there right now.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 21:50

15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 22:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes that is typical of China. They buy just enough of something to reverse engineer it and then manufacture it themselves. It makes it very difficult for any country to make money selling their advanced arms to China.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/Russia-up-in-arms-over-Chinese-theft-of-military-technology

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree