F-35

F-35

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Mar 21
1 edit

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
09 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think the biggest issue with these 5th gen fighters, is the long time it takes to fully shake them out and test every aspect of performance which then leads to redesign and upgrades and retro-fitment of other stock.

If you compare the time from design to deployment of WW2 craft to today, you see a steady increase in development time so that the F-35 has close to 20 years of design iteration under its belt and they are not yet fully finished with the process of optimizing every aspect of flight performance and mission capability.

It seems every builder nation has this problem and I can only see it get worse as 6th gen fighters start getting built.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 21

@kmax87
So 6 gen is going to take another 20 years?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
09 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@kmax87
So 6 gen is going to take another 20 years?
I'm not holding my breath for any sooner. Sure they'll have an airframe and powerplant, but well be hearing the familiar chorus of concurrent development where n number of software blocks are planned for the aircraft. The aircraft will grow in capacity as each block is deployed. The problem being that while these planned software releases are being developed, improvements in capability over the original design parameters are envisioned and because the promise of these improvements are so great, time overruns are tolerated and the whole project just stretches out further and further.....Sometimes its simply a case of information regarding the opposition filters through and designers are asked, can we also do that.. So these days, how long is a project is like how long is a piece of string...

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
10 Mar 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Is it fixable? I'm not exactly a single-issue voter guy but if I was this would be it. I'll vote for any politician who will cut the federal budget. (not the ones who say they will but then just pass a politically convenient tax cut without commensurate spending cuts). Start with the military. They are literally burning money.
Is it fixable... 🤔

In theory, it might be. But look who the people are that we depend on to fix the situation.
They're the very people who screwed it up in the first place. And they don't care about America. No hope.
---
Didi you see the happy eyes when the $2 Trillion stimulus package passed,,,? One pol saying, "Now we can do BIG things". Ya and let the future generations pay it off.

It's all about them and the power they can get their hands on.

w

Moves
10 Mar 21
2 edits

@earl-of-trumps said
Is it fixable... 🤔

In theory, it might be. But look who the people are that we depend on to fix the situation.
They're the very people who screwed it up in the first place. And they don't care about America. No hope.
---
Didi you see the happy eyes when the $2 Trillion stimulus package passed,,,? One pol saying, "Now we can do BIG things". Ya and let the future generations pay it off.

It's all about them and the power they can get their hands on.
Right. The money can be spent on more productive things, though, right? Lawmakers don't lose power, just shift focus. It can be spent in ways that move science forward, create new industries, needed infrastructure, energy independence. Using tax revenue to build a jet that's obsolete before it's finished is absurdity to the n-th degree. Penelope unweaving her shroud.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
10 Mar 21

@wildgrass said
Right. The money can be spent on more productive things, though, right? Lawmakers don't lose power, just shift focus. It can be spent in ways that move science forward, create new industries, needed infrastructure, energy independence. Using tax revenue to build a jet that's obsolete before it's finished is absurdity to the n-th degree. Penelope unweaving her shroud.
"Right. The money can be spent on more productive things, though, right?"
------------

well, yes. The money is misspent. They have so much of it it is hard for them to keep track. But, the special interest groups surely get some love spent on them.

Spend on science...? Man, do the liberals scream when they see the NASA budget ($21 Billion). We spend $158 Billion on the military, no problem.

But it's all going to come crashing down, anyway

D

Moves
10 Mar 21
1 edit

D

Moves
10 Mar 21
1 edit

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
11 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The Chinese must really be grateful.

D

Moves
11 Mar 21

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
11 Mar 21
1 edit

@Duchess64
It's extremely dishonest for Earl of Trumps to imply that 'liberal' Americans are
pushing hardest for increasing US military spending.

If I am extremely dishonest to you 19 times a week, than STOP POSTING TO ME.

D

Moves
11 Mar 21

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 Mar 21

@kmax87 said
The Chinese must really be grateful.
IDK they attacked Russia in '67

D

Moves