Did gene vaccines ever stop the spread?

Did gene vaccines ever stop the spread?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
26 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
I read some of the PDF document and noticed that the percentage of population part is much higher for the vaccinated. Can you explain that?

The other link doesn't specify which variants. Didn't you say omicron?
Most people are vaxxed. Not sure I see the problem.

It’s a mix of delta and omi. So what?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jan 22

@sh76 said
I have carefully looked at the evidence.

On the one hand, people showing up with Omicron (especially at hospitals) seems overwhelmingly unvaxxed.

On the other hand, most experts you speak to put the protection against infection at 30% or less.

Why the apparent discrepancy?

Possibilities:

1. Mild infections (which are the vast majority of infections in vaxxed peopl ...[text shortened]... nterest in coercive measures and (especially) draconian measures like school and business shutdowns.
I get that omicron is supposed to be less severe though that seems to be largely derived from data from South Africa - a country with an average age much younger than the US. But assuming the following facts are true:

1. Omicron is less severe and deadly; and

2. Omicron has been about 95% of cases in the US for about a month. https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/health/2022/01/04/omicron-now-accounts-for-95--of-new-u-s--covid-cases

Why haven't deaths significantly dropped? Instead the seven day average has almost doubled since the start of December and has risen more than 50% since the end of December. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

Even conceding that deaths are a trailing indicator, we should have seen a decline by now if both of those assumptions are true.

How do you account for this?

MB

Moves
26 Jan 22

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
And you know ALL about 'deeply flawed' don't you?
Are you still panicked over a 0.045% CO2 level (more or less) in the atmosphere?
I think we should double that amount. Plants will grow a lot better. More food production.

This planet is CO2 starved.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
Are you still panicked over a 0.045% CO2 level (more or less) in the atmosphere?
I think we should double that amount. Plants will grow a lot better. More food production.

Ahh, a fan of runaway greenhouse effect, I see. More disconnect from reality?

MB

Moves
26 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Ahh, a fan of runaway greenhouse effect, I see. More disconnect from reality?
No, not a fan of a ridiculous theory like that. CO2 followed temps in the ice core samples, not the other way around. So did methane. You are disconnected from reality. You have your cause and effect backwards.

https://euanmearns.com/the-vostok-ice-core-temperature-co2-and-ch4/

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Jan 22

From the BBC:

The number of Americans dying each day from Covid-19 now stands as high as it did during the Delta variant's peak, a grim figure that experts believe will rise.
Statistics show that an average of over 2,000 people are dying from the virus in the US every day, roughly on par with the deaths seen in late September.
A large portion of the dead are older than 65 years old or unvaccinated.
To date, more than 866,000 people have died of Covid-19 in the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60133618

Don’t be alarmed though.
Don’t vaccinated and boostered or whatever…

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
26 Jan 22

@no1marauder said
I get that omicron is supposed to be less severe though that seems to be largely derived from data from South Africa - a country with an average age much younger than the US. But assuming the following facts are true:

1. Omicron is less severe and deadly; and

2. Omicron has been about 95% of cases in the US for about a month. https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/hea ...[text shortened]... ld have seen a decline by now if both of those assumptions are true.

How do you account for this?
We were still in the Delta wave when Omicron hit in December. Deaths lag a lot, not just because it takes a long time for people to die but because it also takes a while for them to get reported. I'd estimate infection to reported death as 8 weeks on average (1-2 from infection to test positive, 4-6 to die and another while to be reported). The deaths you're seeing reported now are mostly delta, which was always naturally going to surge in November and December, though it thankfully does seem like it's being elbowed out by Omicron.

I think I said in an earlier thread that deaths won't reflect the Omicron wave until mid-late February, and I'd stick to that.

Second, with the enormous prevalence of Omicron (I've read that hospital screenings for patients in for other procedures were coming back 10-15% positive), there have got to be a lot of incidental deaths counting as COVID. COVID deaths may have been undercounted in 2020, but I strongly suspect today's numbers are overcounts (remember that 50% or more hospitalizations with COVID are now being shown to really be there for other reasons).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jan 22
1 edit

@sh76 said
We were still in the Delta wave when Omicron hit in December. Deaths lag a lot, not just because it takes a long time for people to die but because it also takes a while for them to get reported. I'd estimate infection to reported death as 8 weeks on average (1-2 from infection to test positive, 4-6 to die and another while to be reported). The deaths you're seeing reported now ...[text shortened]... t 50% or more hospitalizations with COVID are now being shown to really be there for other reasons).
That's absurd; deaths lag by about two weeks at most, not two months.https://covidtracking.com/analysis-updates/how-lagging-death-counts-muddied-our-view-of-the-pandemic

And no, I don't believe that deaths from other causes are being routinely reported as COVID deaths. People may go to the hospital to be treated initially for something else and then positive test for COVID, but I know of no data that suggests that coroners, MEs and others are filling out death certificates incorrectly on a vast scale.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
No, not a fan of a ridiculous theory like that. CO2 followed temps in the ice core samples, not the other way around. So did methane. You are disconnected from reality. You have your cause and effect backwards.

https://euanmearns.com/the-vostok-ice-core-temperature-co2-and-ch4/
Seriously, you should just shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. If you had a national forum, you'd be a threat to humanity.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
I post my sources, cultist either don't or their sources are deeply flawed. That would be you.
Your sources are conspiracy-theory sites.

MB

Moves
29 Jan 22

@sh76 said
Most people are vaxxed. Not sure I see the problem.

It’s a mix of delta and omi. So what?
I read some of the PDF document and noticed that the percentage of population part is much higher for the vaccinated. Can you explain that?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
💨

Moves
29 Jan 22

@metal-brain said

Metal, seriously, isn't there anything you can manage not to be completely and idiotically wrong on?

If someone told you the sky is blue you'd argue that RT has proven that it's green, and blue is an American conspiracy.

MB

Moves
30 Jan 22

@shallow-blue said
Metal, seriously, isn't there anything you can manage not to be completely and idiotically wrong on?

If someone told you the sky is blue you'd argue that RT has proven that it's green, and blue is an American conspiracy.
Are you claiming more CO2 is bad for plant growth? Bad for food production?

You are denying science.

Moves
30 Jan 22

@metal-brain said
You are denying science.
You have no idea what science even is.

Seriously. Stop trying. You have no future but failure.