Did gene vaccines ever stop the spread?

Did gene vaccines ever stop the spread?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

When the gene vaccines first came out Fauci and others admitted they didn't know if the gene vaccines stopped the spread.
Then later they claimed they knew the gene vaccines stopped the spread and they just didn't want to say so before that because they didn't know yet.

Then the CDC admitted the gene vaccines no longer prevented people from getting the virus and spreading it to others.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/08/06/cdc_director_vaccines_no_longer_prevent_you_from_spreading_covid.html#!

I think the position of the CDC is that the gene vaccines used to stop the spread, but that had changed because of the vaccine resistant newer variants. That would be consistent with French Nobel laureate, Luc Montagnier when he said the newer variants were adapting to the gene vaccines.

Now many are saying the gene vaccines were never intended to stop the spread.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/16/booster-debate-covid-vaccine-not-meant-to-prevent-infection-symptoms.html

If that is true the CDC lied (big surprise, right?) when they said the gene vaccines stopped the spread.

So which is it? Did they never stop the spread or did the covid adapt with new variants to the gene vaccines so that the gene vaccines no longer stop the spread?

If it is the former, that would mean the CDC lied and said they did stop the spread when they didn't.
If it is the latter, French Nobel laureate Luc Montagnier has been proven right again.

So which is it?
The CDC is lying or Luc is the greatest?

Either way the corporate news media sucks!

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Jan 22

Vaccines slow the spread.
They are not gene vaccines.
They protect people from hospitalisation.

Jesus Christ, what a moron
- Fauci -

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
12 Jan 22

I think they knew all along that the vaccines were not working, they told us long ago that
vax'd people could carry a full viral load just like unvax'd people. Just as dangerous to be near.

Unfortunately, as we have learned, social distancing does not adequately work, nor do masks.
But the biggest disappointment is that the vaccines are pretty much nothing more than
a light layer of protection that will lessen the effects of Sars2 but will not stop us from getting it.

Science will have to come up with something new. Until then we're screwed. sorry to say it.

Very bleak days for me, and I am sure most. never saw anything like this or even close to this.

Contentious

Moves
12 Jan 22

@Earl-of-Trumps

Agreed.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Jan 22

@earl-of-trumps said
I think they knew all along that the vaccines were not working, they told us long ago that
vax'd people could carry a full viral load just like unvax'd people. Just as dangerous to be near.

Unfortunately, as we have learned, social distancing does not adequately work, nor do masks.
But the biggest disappointment is that the vaccines are pretty much nothing more t ...[text shortened]...

Very bleak days for me, and I am sure most. never saw anything like this or even close to this.
What a load of bollocks.

Most hospitalisations are unvaccinated people.

E

Moves
12 Jan 22

I was talking to a guy new to teaching math, he is retired from the computer programming business. He is a liberal so what he said never dawned on him.

He said this gene vaccine stuff is new technology and until now there was no real market for it.

I wonder if any of the liberals here understand the implication of what I just wrote.

E

Moves
12 Jan 22

@shavixmir said
What a load of bollocks.

Most hospitalisations are unvaccinated people.
You are so fearful.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Jan 22

@eladar said
You are so fearful.
Me?
I think you should start looking in the mirror, sonny boy.
You ooze nothing but doubt, fear and a servitude to any old source which seems to back your crazy theories; all just to keep yourself from sharting your pants.

E

Moves
12 Jan 22

@shavixmir said
Me?
I think you should start looking in the mirror, sonny boy.
You ooze nothing but doubt, fear and a servitude to any old source which seems to back your crazy theories; all just to keep yourself from sharting your pants.
Why get a vaccine if you do not fear the virus?

Moves
12 Jan 22

@eladar said
I was talking to a guy new to teaching math, he is retired from the computer programming business. He is a liberal so what he said never dawned on him.

He said this gene vaccine stuff is new technology and until now there was no real market for it.

I wonder if any of the liberals here understand the implication of what I just wrote.
Yes, your so-called liberal has fallen for Metal's idiocy and is now a libertarian (therefore right-wing) conspiracy nut.

E

Moves
12 Jan 22

@shallow-blue said
Yes, your so-called liberal has fallen for Metal's idiocy and is now a libertarian (therefore right-wing) conspiracy nut.
No, he simply stated a fact. He believes what the media says, this is a naturally occurring virus from bats, not from a lab. It is just coincidence.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
When the gene vaccines first came out Fauci and others admitted they didn't know if the gene vaccines stopped the spread.
Then later they claimed they knew the gene vaccines stopped the spread and they just didn't want to say so before that because they didn't know yet.

Then the CDC admitted the gene vaccines no longer prevented people from getting the virus and sprea ...[text shortened]... hich is it?
The CDC is lying or Luc is the greatest?

Either way the corporate news media sucks!
Against the Wuhan original, the vaccines definitely would help slow the spread dramatically. Eventually, they would stop the spread as the R would fall well below 1 if most people were vaccinated.

Against Delta, the vaccines slow the spread, but are probably not effective enough at preventing infection to stop it.

Against Omicron, forget about it. The vaccines barely slow the spread and could never hope to stop it, even if 100% of people were vaccinated.

Against all 3, they help against serious outcomes and are worth it for most individuals for that reason.

But "vaccines to stop the spread" is anachronistic at this point and is a fanciful idea against Omicron.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
12 Jan 22

@eladar said
Why get a vaccine if you do not fear the virus?
For the same reason I get the flu shot every Autumn.

I don't think flu is going to kill me, but I don't want to get it a severe case of it just the same.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jan 22

@sh76 said
Against the Wuhan original, the vaccines definitely would help slow the spread dramatically. Eventually, they would stop the spread as the R would fall well below 1 if most people were vaccinated.

Against Delta, the vaccines slow the spread, but are probably not effective enough at preventing infection to stop it.

Against Omicron, forget about it. The vaccines barely slow ...[text shortened]... "vaccines to stop the spread" is anachronistic at this point and is a fanciful idea against Omicron.
I can hardly wait for you to cite the CDC and/or WHO guidance from which you surely received such all encompassing conclusions.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
12 Jan 22

@no1marauder said
I can hardly wait for you to cite the CDC and/or WHO guidance from which you surely received such all encompassing conclusions.
In the population in the South African study, the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness against infection dropped down to about 30% for the omicron variant, compared with about 80% against the variant before omicron, the scientists reported.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/14/1063947940/vaccine-protection-vs-omicron-infection-may-drop-to-30-but-does-cut-severe-disea

With an estimated Rt of at least 3.7 (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-is-omicron-so-contagious/ - and I've seen much higher numbers), 30% effectiveness against infection is a drop in the bucket.

Also, that Omicron has taken off almost vertically in almost fully vaxxed placed like NYC and SF has made this point self-evident.