1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:01
    If a woman I didn't know well sat down on a couch with me and started to cuddle up with me I would just roll with it. If a man did that to a woman she would probably be offended. Is that innate or learned behavior?
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:06
    @metal-brain said
    If a woman I didn't know well sat down on a couch with me and started to cuddle up with me I would just roll with it. If a man did that to a woman she would probably be offended. Is that innate or learned behavior?
    Men are rarely sexually assaulted by women. Women are frequently sexually assaulted by men. In India, sexual assault is a major cause of death for women.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:081 edit
    @metal-brain said
    No one should do that to anyone whether you as an individual are ok with it or not.
    From a woman’s perspective how is she to know it’s not a preamble to a rape, all unsolicited physical contact is, or should be, a no no.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:12
    @phranny said
    Men are rarely sexually assaulted by women. Women are frequently sexually assaulted by men. In India, sexual assault is a major cause of death for women.
    So are you saying it is learned behavior?
    Are lesbians just as shy about that as heterosexual women?
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    No one should do that to anyone whether you as an individual are ok with it or not.
    From a woman’s perspective how is she to know it’s not a preamble to a rape, all unsolicited physical contact is, or should be, a no no.
    Fine. Let's make it an offer of consent.
    If a woman were to ask me if they could cuddle up with me I would be okay with it.
    If a man asked a woman that she might be offended by that too.

Is that innate or learned behavior?
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:28
    @metal-brain said
    I have no idea if lesbians are the same with each other. I am guessing not as the physical strength is about equal. I am guessing it is a learned behavior. In general, men have been violently dominating women for millennium.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 15:37
    @phranny said
    I have no idea if lesbians are the same with each other. I am guessing not as the physical strength is about equal. I am guessing it is a learned behavior. In general, men have been violently dominating women for millennium.
    It is more than that though. Just asking a woman if she would be intimate with a man might get the man slapped. I don't know any men who would be so offended if a woman were to ask the same thing. A man would be flattered, even if the woman was unattractive. It would likely result in a smile from the man.

I think it is mostly innate.
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 16:37
    @metal-brain said
    It is more than that though. Just asking a woman if she would be intimate with a man might get the man slapped. I don't know any men who would be so offended if a woman were to ask the same thing. A man would be flattered, even if the woman was unattractive. It would likely result in a smile from the man.

I think it is mostly innate.
    Typical misogynist response.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 16:48
    @phranny said
    Are you a woman?
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 18:19
    @metal-brain said
    Nobody is gonna sit beside you and cuddle you.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 22:24
    @metal-brain said
    About what? Unwanted sexual advances?

Do you ever read your posts before hitting that "post" button?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 22:281 edit
    @phranny said
    Bordering on "mansplaining", of course.

At least he didn't spell it "wimmin".
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 22:28
    @metal-brain said
    Are you a woman?
    Are you a human?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 10:51
    @suzianne said
    About what? Unwanted sexual advances?

Do you ever read your posts before hitting that "post" button?
    Men are far more tolerant of sexual advances than women. I understand the biological reason for it. Women want to choose who they get pregnant by. Pretty simple. Men didn't used to be held responsible for it until recently in history.

Is it because women are innately that way or is it learned behavior? And why is just asking for intimacy offensive to women? If a woman asked me to kiss her I would not be offended, I would be flattered. I might say no thanks, but I would still be flattered.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 11:23
    @metal-brain said
    Men are far more tolerant of sexual advances than women. I understand the biological reason for it. Women want to choose who they get pregnant by. Pretty simple. Men didn't used to be held responsible for it until recently in history.

Is it because women are innately that way or is it learned behavior? And why is just asking for intimacy offensive to women? If a woman ...[text shortened]... would not be offended, I would be flattered. I might say no thanks, but I would still be flattered.
    Wow, you're still not getting it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree