1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '23 05:38
    @jimmac said
    The highest-earning Americans pay the most in combined federal, state and local taxes, the Tax Foundation noted. As a group, the top quintile — those earning $130,001 or more annually — paid $3.23 trillion in taxes, compared with $142 billion for the bottom quintile, or those earning less than $25,000.17 Apr 2023.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/breakdown-of-who-pays-most-t ...[text shortened]... I know it is not so simple but, I am not sure who this no one is. Most with half a brain " Buy it ".
    No. Just no.

The highest earners SHOULD pay the most. But when CEOs pay less than their secretaries do, then we have a problem.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '23 05:43
    @jimmac said
    I responded to Suzianne, but again, what you said, is what I said, the word, like "racist" ( ok I added that ) has become fluid, like gender. Changes as often as need be to mean whatever you want it to mean for whatever point it is that you are trying to convey, or to shove downs someones throat that they are not as virtuous/righteous as you are.
    "MY" broad definition provi ...[text shortened]... you are not 'allowed' to say because of the woke mind virus?" Wow, I only have 9200 characters left.
    No.

Your use of the word 'woke' is "an excuse I'm dreaming up to mean all the stuff I should be paying attention to, but don't want to, because the frank truth is that I don't give half a crap about people poorer than me or with a different color skin than me, or with a different sexual orientation than me".

Full stop.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '23 05:46
    @jimmac said
    Ok 1/ in Australia the incarceration rate of aboriginals is way, way, higher than us " whites " try explaining why, even suggest why, Not allowed, racist, and so the rants start up. Very tiresome, if facts are offensive they are deemed racist. I strongly suggest you would know what I am talking about.
    Lets try another, try suggesting that "whites" banned slavery well in ad ...[text shortened]... e nutters get their way, who knows.
    And it is only the "woke mind virus" at this stage banning it.
    More excuses.

It's all you guys have.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    27 May '23 07:05
    @suzianne said
    No. Just no.

The highest earners SHOULD pay the most. But when CEOs pay less than their secretaries do, then we have a problem.
    Yep, lets go with that, sigh.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    27 May '23 07:06
    @suzianne said
    No.

Your use of the word 'woke' is "an excuse I'm dreaming up to mean all the stuff I should be paying attention to, but don't want to, because the frank truth is that I don't give half a crap about people poorer than me or with a different color skin than me, or with a different sexual orientation than me".

Full stop.
    And again, what can I say, lets go with that, sigh.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    27 May '23 07:08
    @suzianne said
    More excuses.

It's all you guys have.
    I beg your pardon, I was asked a question, I answered it, you see, we don't like the truth getting in the way of a good story now, do we, " woke " sigh, you think whatever you like, so sad.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 May '23 17:471 edit
    @suzianne said
    No. Just no.

There is a legal gem in the law, Sue Anne. Has to do with 'Duty of Care' from one person to another. An interesting concept, which I bring up because a lot of your posts all seem to suggest that such a duty is owed that is really not owed at all.
    If she works at a job (that she asked for,,,,,,(she did not ask a poor person for a job) that she is unhappy with, or has a rich boss that is folliowing the tax laws, she can probably find an even better job. Or start a company, like the young lady who founded Spandex, now a billionaire.
    What would the secretary have us do with Spandex billionaire, Suzy? Does she have a duty of care to people who asked to work for her? What duty?
    As to the CEO 'not paying enough taxes", how much more do you think he should pay? We have asked time and time again, what is 'fair share', but none ever answer. One reason they their % is lower than secretaruy is that they shelter their income, and they also invest their income (more jobs for your Uncle Mo and everyone!!). By shelter, I mean they will buy tax free bonds (paying 5.5% right now, tax free,) and theoretcially live on that 5.5%....which means they pay NO taxes. So, what would you do about THAT? Get rid of tax free municipals?
    Why be disingenuous....could you respond to this, like, like, dialogue?
    Whew.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '23 23:14
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Yeah, she is BOUND to be Speaker of the house, right? Since she is SO well loved by the zombies......
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '23 23:18
    @AverageJoe1
    What the HELL are you on now? You seriously think a billionaire is paying his or her fair share of taxes? What planet are you from again?
    Trump made a SPEECH out of it, I AM SMART for not paying taxes, thereby making it OK for the REST of the billionaire crowd to do the same which they have been doing for centuries anyway.

Yeah, for you, NEVER attack billionaires since THEY run the country and get to do what they please because they are the backbone of America. Those poor misguided workers under them, too bad, you want to get rich, suck up to a billionaire.....
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '23 23:19
    @Suzianne
    It's funny, using the word "Woke'' to describe us liberals, that therefore must mean they are NOT woke but in fact fully ASLEEP.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 May '23 01:58
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    What the HELL are you on now? You seriously think a billionaire is paying his or her fair share of taxes? What planet are you from again?
    Trump made a SPEECH out of it, I AM SMART for not paying taxes, thereby making it OK for the REST of the billionaire crowd to do the same which they have been doing for centuries anyway.

Yeah, for you, NEVER attack billio ...[text shortened]... hose poor misguided workers under them, too bad, you want to get rich, suck up to a billionaire.....
    If you could legally avoid any taxes, I think you would. As would Sue.
    So, that resolved, I did npt get that phrase 'fair share of taxes'. Would you tell us what you mean by fair share of taxes?

Of course Trump, and millions of people, can say they were smart to dig deep enought to discover a way to avoid (legally) paying taxes. I found out I could avoid tax by itemizing the cost of a tank of gas to drive to a town 100 miles away to inspect one of my rental properties.
    Sonhoouse, do you take exception to that tax write off?
    Why will you not answer this question?
    Everyone, Sonhouse will not be able to handle this question.
    He will not respond to this simple question, regarding taking legal tax deductions. I do it, Trump does it, Sonhouse probably does it, but he does not want Trump or me to do it ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 May '23 02:01
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne
    It's funny, using the word "Woke'' to describe us liberals, that therefore must mean they are NOT woke but in fact fully ASLEEP.
    Maybe suzianne can tell us normal people what Sonhouse is saying.
    Hey sue, did you see where Sonholuse does not want Trump and me to legally save taxes, but he will continue to write off his mortgage interest, and the cost of feed he buys to fatten his chickens for market?
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 May '23 12:59
    @jimmac said
    Ok 1/ in Australia the incarceration rate of aboriginals is way, way, higher than us " whites " try explaining why, even suggest why, Not allowed, racist, and so the rants start up. Very tiresome, if facts are offensive they are deemed racist. I strongly suggest you would know what I am talking about.
    Lets try another, try suggesting that "whites" banned slavery well in ad ...[text shortened]... e nutters get their way, who knows.
    And it is only the "woke mind virus" at this stage banning it.
    You are most definitely allowed to say those things. Many people do. Maybe you feel judged for saying them, but there's no laws or mind virus preventing you from saying it.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 May '23 13:50
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1

Yeah, for you, NEVER attack billio ...[text shortened]... hose poor misguided workers under them, too bad, you want to get rich, suck up to a billionaire.....
    tell me, its not been long since dems had full control of all three branches…why did they not rewrite the tax code that you seem to think they are in favor of?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 May '23 13:57
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1

we have a billionaire telling democrats what to do, telling liberal DAs not to prosecute crimes, visiting the white house constantly…george soros

do you think that is because he wants dems to raise his taxes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree