1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jan '23 04:14
    @mghrnss said
    @medullah

Unfortunately Pete you are one of the clan leaders who help perpetuate the Metallica cheating by accepting loaded challenges against players who have heavily sandbagged ratings.

Just stop having challenges against them ... There are still enough clans with fair and decent leaders 

Btw well done so far this year ... 3rd place is realistic 👍
    Interesting choice of a username.
    Sounds like an obsession with a clan and a user.

I'm not taking this as a compliment.
    Just go back to the debates forum and start up another 5 usercodes.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jan '23 20:06
    @mghrnss said
    Well done last year Michael ...sadly you didn't play the game and replicated Metallica's gamesmanship (cheating) in holding back claiming won challenges.

You were so far ahead it's obvious what Metallica was doing and you could have still won easily and held back 100 points until 2023

hope you win again in 2023
    Mr. Imposter,
    Since when is holding back won Challenges and saving them for the following year cheating? I'd love you to show me that in the TOS Guidelines.

Were you checking 'all Challenges' to see how many points Metallica actually had? I was keeping a very close watch and if they had cashed all their points in they would have been very close, in my estimate they had over 200 points at that time and we were still in mid-summer!

They can now play out those games instead of just closing them for the win, and get more games won and more points. I never say die, but would be very hard for us to win again in 2023 if not impossible. I can assure you no one loves to win more than me. A year is a long time and many things can happens so one can never say never of course.

-VR
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jan '23 22:07
    @very-rusty said
    Mr. Imposter,
    Since when is holding back won Challenges and saving them for the following year cheating? I'd love you to show me that in the TOS Guidelines.

Were you checking 'all Challenges' to see how many points Metallica actually had? I was keeping a very close watch and if they had cashed all their points in they would have been very close, in ...[text shortened]... me. A year is a long time and many things can happens so one can never say never of course.

-VR
    I have to say, respectfully, that 200 points is a vast overestimation.
    We had a few challenges that we had won.
    When I decided that we could no longer catch the leaders in 2022, we simply took our foot off the gas.
    In the meantime, more challenges that we had on the go that were not won, but became won at end of December, and cashed out in the new year.

If someone wants to call that even closely remote to cheating, I won't dignify that with a response.

At the moment, both Breaking Bad and Metallica are off to great starts.
    And as I have always said, it takes 2 things to be successful
    1 - you have to play a lot
    2 - you have to win more challenges than you lose
    This isn't complicated.
    The 2 clans above are doing that. Quite simple really.

For those who continue to have an obsession with a certain clan or certain players, have a nice day.
    And those who continue to try to tell others which they clans should play against and which clans not to play against are not helping the clan feature.
    I'd rather hear from those who try to offer something positive to support the feature.
  4. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 20:36
    @mghrnss said
    @medullah

Unfortunately Pete you are one of the clan leaders who help perpetuate the Metallica cheating by accepting loaded challenges against players who have heavily sandbagged ratings.

Just stop having challenges against them ... There are still enough clans with fair and decent leaders 

Btw well done so far this year ... 3rd place is realistic 👍
    Your recommendation to not play us reveals you as a coward.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 18:30
    @mghrn55 said
    I have to say, respectfully, that 200 points is a vast overestimation.
    We had a few challenges that we had won.
    When I decided that we could no longer catch the leaders in 2022, we simply took our foot off the gas.
    In the meantime, more challenges that we had on the go that were not won, but became won at end of December, and cashed out in the new year.

If someone wants ...[text shortened]... lan feature.
    I'd rather hear from those who try to offer something positive to support the feature.
    m55,
    I don't think 200 points is a vast overestimation at all. Respectfully I went over 'all Challenges' and you had them in the summer if you cashed in won challenges. I know you were close to us in the summer for sure. I am just not sure when you took your foot off the gas as you put it. Right now you are playing challenges you had won anyways just completing the remaining games in them in my opinion.
    I don't believe carrying games over into the next year is cheating at all, if you don't have enough to pass the Clan/Team leading, I believe it to be a smart move to take the points into the next year where you are sure they are going to count for you. I believe you were smart enough to know at some point that you didn't have enough so took your foot off the gas as you put it so the points would count for 2023. Just good strategy in my opinion. I don't think you cheated at all, I know we didn't. I would love to know at what point you actually took your foot off the gas as you so nicely put it.
    I hold no grudge against Metallica, and would never try to influence anyone not to play you guys. I wouldn't have the pull or backing for such an undertaking anyway. It appears that our Clan Leader feels you guys will win 2023 Clan Championship. I am going to win as many of my games as I can which I know the rest of the Clan will be doing. I think right now we have a pretty strong Clan, from our weakest to strongest link. I am not going to wish you good luck, because that would be hypocritical of me. I am looking forward to everything being played by the rules. Love to know when you let your foot off the gas though. 🙂 Peace Out!

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 22:00
    @carystover said
    Your recommendation to not play us reveals you as a coward.
    Cary,
    That sounded quite harsh really. It is also considered name calling old friend.

-VR
  7. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 23:08
    @Very-Rusty
    I call’m like I see’m. Stating facts is not name calling.
    CS
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 23:10
    @carystover said
    @Very-Rusty
    I call’m like I see’m. Stating facts is not name calling.
    CS
    I know you do Cary, but that like a kick to the groin without being there.

We don't know he is even remotely close to what you called him.

-VR
  9. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 01:01
    @Very-Rusty

A coward also hides behind a false identity and a keyboard accusing people of cheating. The fear of being discovered must be unnerving. By the way, he/she/it accused you of cheating as well. You going to let that slide?
    CS
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 01:13
    @Very-Rusty
    We do know he is gutless and he is a liar, as do you.
  11. Badlands
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 12:35
    @Vespin

Hope you give it a good go again this year ... Here's a tip (I know it's from a newbie, but I'm a smart kinda guy) ...

If you can't catch Metallica, try to keep close enough so they can't carry over points into 2024 .... Or if they do they risk you catching them in 2023

At least 2024 will start on a level playing field ..
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 17:45
    @shortcircuit said
    @Very-Rusty
    We do know he is gutless and he is a liar, as do you.
    Remember you once told me to take the higher ground, this might be a good time to do so in my opinion.

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 17:491 edit
    @mghrnss

If you had a pair you'd use your real name or at least username instead of hiding.

You talk about things you know nothing about as far as I am concerned.

You could care less if we won so long as Metallica loses. You seem to have a beef with them. Have it with them, I was once a small part of that Clan, so you have it with me too. If you can't talk about it in here, them P.M. me, and tell me all about your beef. That is if you're not afraid to chat with me privately.

-VR
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 18:23
    @mghrnss
    Newbie?........NOT
    Smart ?.........DEFINITELY NOT
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 18:30
    @shortcircuit said
    @mghrnss
    Newbie?........NOT
    Smart ?.........DEFINITELY NOT
    I concur with you on this point.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree