World Cup 2010

World Cup 2010

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 10
1 edit

ENGLAND will get to the final...

This will make the final the single most tortuous 120+ mins* of our (English) lives...

Rooney will hit form at the close of the 1st half scoring a brilliant needed equaliser...

Rooney will get his foot mortally injured in the 50th and have to go off to be replaced by a nervous and out of form Defoe...

Defoe will get tripped in the pen area and Lamps will stick it wide causing him to implode along with his new acquired lucrative Madrid contract...

David Beckham will be asked to come to the touchline and provide a moral boost by giving Spain (the other finalists) his best Zoolander "Blue Steel"...

Torez will bamboozle the befuddled Rio all night before being crocked by Terry who will be subsequently sent off in the 90th...

10 men without Roonboy and Badboy will boldly carry on and fall behind again to a fluke deflection from a whipped-in corner...

We will all be at our wits-end by the last 10 mins of ET when a "relax everyone I've just got a new contract anyway" Fabio will bring the logic defying stick-insect that is Crouch on...

2 mins to go and suddenly Crouch will perform some contortionist voodoo in the box and slide the second equaliser in from 8 yards...

The ET whistle blows and the commentator says those dreaded words..."of course Capello is not a believer is practicing penalties..."

Then it begins...

*ET and pens

s

6yd box

Moves
24 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Traveling Again
"Henry handball ref Hansson selected for World Cup"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/737262/ce/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us

Why doesn't he decline the offer and go into hiding for a couple years?
why sud he? Why not Henry who commetted the crime- go into hiding?
Your logic defines believe mate!

edit: rather see a footballing power like France- with a long world cup history- be there then Rep Ireland who always go there to 'make up the numbers' (same as NZ, Australia, USA to name 3)

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
24 May 10

We can't beat Cabo Verde. 😞

m

Moves
25 May 10

england,wont win it.

d

Moves
25 May 10

I will be rooting hard for the US to defeat England in the first game. What a crushing start that would be for English fans. 😡

p

Moves
25 May 10

Originally posted by darvlay
I will be rooting hard for the US to defeat England in the first game. What a crushing start that would be for English fans. 😡
I am sorry ,but you, and the population of Scotland will be dissapointed 😏😏😏😏

DB
The Silver Hammer

Moves
26 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
England lose to the the U.S.? I'd say less than a 1/10 chance...

m

Moves
26 May 10

Originally posted by Der Bayer
I wouldn't. It would be a surprise, but not a massive one.

h

Moves
26 May 10

Originally posted by mtthw
I wouldn't. It would be a surprise, but not a massive one.
I agree. England probably won't get far in the competition anyway, so games like the one against the constantly improving USA are more important than their predictable elimination.

d

Moves
26 May 10

Originally posted by Der Bayer
I'll take those odds. My tenner to your hundred then? πŸ˜›

Moves
26 May 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
I agree. England probably won't get far in the competition anyway, so games like the one against the constantly improving USA are more important than their predictable elimination.
i wouldn't be so sure this time. i see them in the semis... after that anything can happen. knocked out on pens being the most likely.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 May 10
2 edits

Originally posted by trev33
i wouldn't be so sure this time. i see them in the semis... after that anything can happen. knocked out on pens being the most likely.
Given the very favourable draw they had, it would be a shocker not to see England in the semis. The only team that can realistically stop them is France and that's only going to happen if they get their act together (which is looking unlikely, but who knows).

It's their best chance in ages to win it. After you're in the semis it's just two games and anything can happen.

Moves
27 May 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Given the very favourable draw they had, it would be a shocker not to see England in the semis. The only team that can realistically stop them is France and that's only going to happen if they get their act together (which is looking unlikely, but who knows).

It's their best chance in ages to win it. After you're in the semis it's just two games and anything can happen.
i don't see france being a problem, they won't even get out of their group. i recall them playing the runners up of germany's group (assuming they win theirs), that could be a problem if germany slip in the group stage.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
27 May 10

Originally posted by eljefejesus
We're not talking third-world home court advantage alone, we're talking desperately poor near-failed-states here compared to the greatest soccer powers in the world.
πŸ˜•

This is news to me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29
Take a look where South Africa, Egypt (not in now, but probably would have been if SA wasn't hosting), Algeria and Nigeria rank...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 May 10

I don't see how England's group is particularly favorable compared to the others:

GROUP A
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

GROUP B
South Korea
Greece
Argentina
Nigeria

GROUP C
England