World Cup 2010

World Cup 2010

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Argentina won the 90 cup in Italy. So truly only Brazil and Argentina have won outside their continents.
(West) Germany, not Argentina.

Moves
02 Jun 10

Argentina won the 90 cup in Italy. So truly only Brazil and Argentina have won outside their continents.
do'h... better stick to the girly american sports 😉

s

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by kes29
(West) Germany, not Argentina.
Oops! You're right! I'll stick to girlie American sports like trev33 says!

s

Moves
02 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
do'h... better stick to the girly american sports 😉
My mistake! Go Celtics (Boston that is)! so we're left with only Brazil winning outside their continent. This is England's chance! They can win a second cup and emulate Brazil. I still think Spain is stronger.

Moves
02 Jun 10

My mistake! Go Celtics (Boston that is)! so we're left with only Brazil winning outside their continent. This is England's chance! They can win a second cup and emulate Brazil. I still think Spain is stronger.
i'll be supporting holland this year, it's about time they won a world cup.

k

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by trev33
i'll be supporting holland this year, it's about time they won a world cup.
Teams with bad (or average) defences don't win cups these days.

Moves
02 Jun 10

doesn't mean i can't want them to win 😉

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
03 Jun 10
2 edits

teams with bad or average defenses in the past doesn't mean they will be teams with bad or average defenses in the future.

New Zealand in rugby league terms were given no chance to win the Rugby league world cup with australia in it...New Zealand out played Australia on the day.

and in rugby union world cup terms everyone thought New Zealand were specials but they put in a shocker.

the beauty of this world cup is that we dont know the final result yet....could very well surprise us all.

m

Moves
03 Jun 10

Originally posted by Helder Octavio
Maradona don´t have tactical scheme, and Messi cannot to do miracles alone.

In my fantasy Cup, the Argies fall in the round of 16. 😀
Argentina do worry me, though, with the quality of the players they've got. At any point they might just start ignoring Maradona and sort it out themselves.

Moves
03 Jun 10

Originally posted by mtthw
Argentina do worry me, though, with the quality of the players they've got. At any point they might just start ignoring Maradona and sort it out themselves.
i'd say argentina are the most unpredictable side in the world cup, could get dumped out in he first round or just as equally as likely they could win it and everything in-between. if nothing else they will be entertaining. really looking forward to watching their matches.

c

Moves
04 Jun 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am just gonna get some American style Pizza from Costco, load up on some Millers Lite, play the star spangled banner by Jimi Hendrix before the match to psyche myself up, buy pompoms for my wife so she can cheer lead during the game, and in my baseball cap I shall sing for America, USA all the way, USA all the way!
you forgot to say you'd have your baseball cap on backwards while singing 🙂

what about mexico beating italy 2-1?? were the italians outplayed or did they take the mexican team too lightly?

h

Moves
05 Jun 10

Originally posted by chessartist

what about mexico beating italy 2-1?? were the italians outplayed or did they take the mexican team too lightly?
Final scores in World Cup Warm-up games never mean anything. The only team that's really trying to win is the underdog. The rest is all about experimentation and not showing your hand to the countries you'll be playing in the Cup.

s

Moves
05 Jun 10

When Mexico stops being the under achiever watch out. Really good players. They outclassed Italy in every phase of the game. Of course it's hard to judge from a friendly. Italy is another team that can turn it on and once hot they're really good. Argentina, like trev33 says, should be quite entertaining. A Rio-less England might just have been made stronger!

e

Moves
05 Jun 10

The Mexican team was a handfull for England despite the better finishing on the English side showing a 3-1 outcome, Mexico missed a lot of opportunities, but it was enough against Italy, So Mexico is probably back to being a Top 10 team, just outside the elite European teams' performance. Italy is still a top team that was simply playing a friendly against an underestimated team. By the time of the world cup, I doubt that there are any underestimated teams playing each other or at least affecting the competitor's effort.
Group A prediction is Mexico and France. South Africa is way too weak but you never know about the refs and the crowd. Uruguay is capable but not formidable. If you risk not qualifying at all for the world cup and there is no dramatic turnaround since then, you know there are limits to the team. Mexico had the same difficulties Uruguay had for a moment, but Mexico turned it around dramatically and Uruguay did not.

s

Moves
05 Jun 10

Originally posted by eljefejesus
The Mexican team was a handfull for England despite the better finishing on the English side showing a 3-1 outcome, Mexico missed a lot of opportunities, but it was enough against Italy, So Mexico is probably back to being a Top 10 team, just outside the elite European teams' performance. Italy is still a top team that was simply playing a friendly agai ...[text shortened]... ulties Uruguay had for a moment, but Mexico turned it around dramatically and Uruguay did not.
If they decide to drop dinosaur Cuauhtemoc Blanco once and for all they might be fearsome. Mexican teams suffer the same as all other teams. there are plenty of pet players on national side, but other countries seem to have the talent to compensate for their imposed dinosaur players.