Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by Crowley
Well, I may have been a little harsh. I will definitely watch, as will millions others - but only to see if the boys in black will be able to make this the largest winning margin in history.

Plus I really like to watch Sonny Bill play.
Thats if $bw doesnt get sent for thinking hes playing league again and goes the shoulder charge

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Oct 11

Well, I may have been a little harsh. I will definitely watch, as will millions others - but only to see if the boys in black will be able to make this the largest winning margin in history.

Plus I really like to watch Sonny Bill play.
Oh by the way Crowls my old mate, how did the Proteas go in the cricket, us here in oz are a bit behind the rest of the world and word of the outcome hasnt come through morse code yet

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by boarman
Gee Crowley are you having a sour grape moment
Well, most rugby commentators, journalists, many ex-players and coaches agree that this has been one of the worst World Cups to date, mired by horrible refereeing. I tend to agree.

It's not good to see an event that should be the showcase for a sport blemished by the officials.

Moves
20 Oct 11

Well, most rugby commentators, journalists, many ex-players and coaches agree that this has been one of the worst World Cups to date, mired by horrible refereeing. I tend to agree.

It's not good to see an event that should be the showcase for a sport blemished by the officials.
It's been the worse world cup in any sport that i can remember. How many good matches can you remember? Ireland's win over Aus was a great result for us but you'd be delusional if you said it was a good rugby match, S.A. vs Wales was ok, all of the matches in the England group were horrible, N.Z. vs France looked promising for 20 minutes until France went into hibernation. England/France was the best of the knock out matches and even it was rubbish, actually N.Z/Aus was easier on the eye. All poor rugby matches though.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
It's been the worse world cup in any sport that i can remember. How many good matches can you remember? Ireland's win over Aus was a great result for us but you'd be delusional if you said it was a good rugby match, S.A. vs Wales was ok, all of the matches in the England group were horrible, N.Z. vs France looked promising for 20 minutes until France went int ...[text shortened]... d even it was rubbish, actually N.Z/Aus was easier on the eye. All poor rugby matches though.
Yeah, and the rest were 'rugby nations' pounding the smaller guys. The best match I saw was Romania vs. Scotland 😕

Moves
20 Oct 11

Yeah, and the rest were 'rugby nations' pounding the smaller guys. The best match I saw was Romania vs. Scotland 😕
You're right, i completely forgot about that match. Certainly the most entertaining if not the prettiest rugby being played.

New York

Moves
21 Oct 11

There have been some dire games - but I think I'll remember this tournament more for the progress some of the smaller nations have made.

You can play only as well as your opposition will let you.

Wish they had the funding to build on it, but alas we'll have to wait another 4 years to see them with full strength teams again. By then them may have made another leap forward, but I fear they'll be one further step behind.

a

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

I'm not impressed with the crowd booing Quade Cooper every time he touches the ball. Niggling play aside, he is a genuine talent. The Kiwi public need to get over the knee incident.

News of the night : Wayne Barnes misses another forward pass that leads to a try.....oh dear!! When will the IRB (and Wayne Barnes) see what everyone else can?

Go the ABs!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
21 Oct 11

I agree that some of the refereeing was diabolical but all of the commentators have raved that this has been the best tournament to date. the thousands of fans here have been absolutely brilliant we've spent a fortune following the games at various venues and partied with lots from overseas.. great times.
The rise of Wales, the efforts of Scotland and some of the secondary nations has been super. Looking forward to the final, hope the French come out to play rugby.
Faith that Joubert will do a fine job, for me he's been the best ref at the tournament.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by andrew93
I'm not impressed with the crowd booing Quade Cooper every time he touches the ball. Niggling play aside, he is a genuine talent. The Kiwi public need to get over the knee incident.

News of the night : Wayne Barnes misses another forward pass that leads to a try.....oh dear!! When will the IRB (and Wayne Barnes) see what everyone else can?

Go the ABs!
He's given stick here in Sth Waikato because he's a local lad and deserves every bit he gets... he's a big lad and will give as good as he takes... on the field.

dp

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ab's pack was formidable. They were playing more in the style of a Northern
Hemisphere team, pick and drive, never gave the Aussies a chance. Hopefully France
match will be awesome.
Yes... the AB's certainly stepped up another level against the Aussies. I have my fingers crossed that they will carry on and give those French a hammering beyond thge 23 point winning margin of a final.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
all of the commentators have raved that this has been the best tournament to date.
All? You must be watching rainbow TV...

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by boarman
Mate go back to your judo mat, rugby is so much more demanding than throwing your opponent to the floor, FFS it was a yellow card at the most
I haven't been on a tatami for over twenty years, and with the shape I'm in I shouldn't go back on, either. And I don't deny that playing a rugby match is physically more demanding than playing a judo bout. But a broken neck is a broken neck in either game, and the way Clerc landed, he could easily have had one. If that's only a yellow card, so is a knifing.
(Then again, in Convict-land, it probably is.)

Richard

rc

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
I haven't been on a tatami for over twenty years, and with the shape I'm in I shouldn't go back on, either. And I don't deny that playing a rugby match is physically more demanding than playing a judo bout. But a broken neck is a broken neck in either game, and the way Clerc landed, he could easily have had one. If that's only a yellow card, so is a knifing.
(Then again, in Convict-land, it probably is.)

Richard
I expect France to win this.

dp

Moves
22 Oct 11

All? You must be watching rainbow TV...
lol. rainbow tv. Well actually they had a good warm-up with the christchurch earthquake. It's the pot of gold!

Go AB's!