Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York

Moves
23 Oct 11

To all the doubters - namely Crowley - hope you enjoyed one of the greatest World Cup finals of all time.

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I expect France to win this.
At least we believed Robbie 🙂

Great final to cap off a horrible world cup.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
At least we believed Robbie 🙂

Great final to cap off a horrible world cup.
Yes we did and not without cause, France were outstanding.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by Swiss Toni
To all the doubters - namely Crowley - hope you enjoyed one of the greatest World Cup finals of all time.
I haven't seen an All Black team this nervous in all my years watching rugby.

Congratulations, the best team in the tournament won.

Moves
24 Oct 11

Yes we did and not without cause, France were outstanding.
They were indeed - but so were the Kiwis. And both had their bad spots, the nerves were visible in both, but so was the will to rise above those nerves. And mostly they did, both of them.

By the end I wanted it to be a draw, really, even though that can't happen in a final. But they both deserved their day of glory.

Richard

rc

Moves
24 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
They were indeed - but so were the Kiwis. And both had their bad spots, the nerves were visible in both, but so was the will to rise above those nerves. And mostly they did, both of them.

By the end I wanted it to be a draw, really, even though that can't happen in a final. But they both deserved their day of glory.

Richard
I actually thought that France outplayed the Kiwis. They were better defensively and
were prepared to run the ball, whereas the kiwis tended to kick hoping that a mistake
in French territory would lead to something. I have not been critical of the referees,
but it was hard to watch France penalised on almost every fifty/fifty decision.

Moves
24 Oct 11

I actually thought that France outplayed the Kiwis. They were better defensively and
were prepared to run the ball, whereas the kiwis tended to kick hoping that a mistake
in French territory would lead to something. I have not been critical of the referees,
but it was hard to watch France penalised on almost every fifty/fifty decision.
First half NZ was better than France and should've been at 13-0 up had they converted their kicks. But they didn't and France came out a much better side and had they not bottled it a bit would've become world champions. Both teams looked nervous after France made it 7-8.

dp

Moves
24 Oct 11

Full credit to France who played very well in front of a large and imposing all black crowd. I feel the ab's could have run away with it had we had our kicking boots on(oh daniel carter) but as it was it turned out a close and entertaining game of rugby. Yah All Blacks... well done! Champions of the world!

t

Moves
25 Oct 11

Rugby sucks! REAL men play football! 😠

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
25 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by dan preston
Full credit to France who played very well in front of a large and imposing all black crowd. I feel the ab's could have run away with it had we had our kicking boots on(oh daniel carter) but as it was it turned out a close and entertaining game of rugby. Yah All Blacks... well done! Champions of the world!
It's weird to see an All Black side really struggle so much without him.
NZ has always had awesome flyhalfs, Carter being a great one himself, but depth has never been a problem either. One always felt the ABs could field their second string side and still beat everyone.

Bring back Zinzan!

a

Moves
25 Oct 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Crowley
Bring back Zinzan!
Don't you mean "Bring Back Buck"? 🙂

For those who don't know this has been a running gag in NZ for 21 years....ever since Wayne 'Buck' Shelford was controversially dropped from the ABs in 1990. Signs proclaiming "Bring Back Buck" still appear at public events to this day.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by andrew93
Don't you mean "Bring Back Buck"? 🙂

For those who don't know this has been a running gag in NZ for 21 years....ever since Wayne 'Buck' Shelford was controversially dropped from the ABs in 1990. Signs proclaiming "Bring Back Buck" still appear at public events to this day.
We weren't playing then, so I have no idea who that is.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
First half NZ was better than France and should've been at 13-0 up had they converted their kicks. But they didn't and France came out a much better side and had they not bottled it a bit would've become world champions. Both teams looked nervous after France made it 7-8.
you and i know Trev how France can run he ball, we've seen it countless times in the
six nations, its one of their characteristics, how many times have we seen them run
the ball from their own 22 and score some magnificent tries? Ahh take me back to the
days of Hastings and Townsend!

a

Moves
26 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
I have no idea who that is.
Which makes your earlier post even funnier.

Moves
26 Oct 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
Rugby sucks! REAL men play football! 😠
Wayne Rooney is a real man? Real boy, more like.

Richard