Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sure thing, once we kick your A$$
Home before the post cards ,yet again !
The difference between Scotland and a tea bag ? ..The tea bag stays in the cup longer !
Thieves broke in to the Murray field and stripped the trophy room bare , a Scottish rugby spokesman said .." we are passing the hat for a whip round for a new carpet ". 😏😏😏😵😵😵😵

rc

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by phil3000
Home before the post cards ,yet again !
The difference between Scotland and a tea bag ? ..The tea bag stays in the cup longer !
Thieves broke in to the Murray field and stripped the trophy room bare , a Scottish rugby spokesman said .." we are passing the hat for a whip round for a new carpet ". 😏😏😏😵😵😵😵
the only thing that has been stolen was a late try by the crappiest England side evah, were on our way home for sure, its only a matter of time before you are as well and ol Martin Johnson will be kicking his dog on the way up the path, shouting at the kids and locking himself in his room where he will cry like a baby. Thats the real difference between the men of Scotland and you pansies south of the border, we are magnanimous in defeat, you cant handle it!

Moves
02 Oct 11

the only thing that has been stolen was a late try by the crappiest England side evah, were on our way home for sure, its only a matter of time before you are as well and ol Martin Johnson will be kicking his dog on the way up the path, shouting at the kids and locking himself in his room where he will cry like a baby. Thats the real difference betw ...[text shortened]... Scotland and you pansies south of the border, we are magnanimous in defeat, you cant handle it!
I really hope the winner of the Ireland/Wales match reaches the final, France and England just don't deserve to with the form they've shown and any of the tri nation teams would slaughter them in the final.

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by Crowley
Fiji beating Wales is not an upset dude. Unexpected, maybe, but not an upset like this.
Fiji knocking out Wales was an upset, a Welsh side that had won the grand slam in 05 and again the year after the world cup in 08. They were considered one of the best 6 nation sides going into the world cup, a lot better than England who reached the final, it was a huge shock they were beaten by Fiji. France losing to Tonga, It's France, they're capable of anything... including winning this world cup. They had nothing to gain or lose in the Tonga match and played like they didn't care, a Tonga win wouldn't have been possible if France had to win.

p

Moves
02 Oct 11

the only thing that has been stolen was a late try by the crappiest England side evah, were on our way home for sure, its only a matter of time before you are as well and ol Martin Johnson will be kicking his dog on the way up the path, shouting at the kids and locking himself in his room where he will cry like a baby. Thats the real difference betw ...[text shortened]... Scotland and you pansies south of the border, we are magnanimous in defeat, you cant handle it!
Magnanimous in defeat cames from a lot of experience .
Scotlands rugby team beaten by pansies, eh !

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
I really hope the winner of the Ireland/Wales match reaches the final, France and England just don't deserve to with the form they've shown and any of the tri nation teams would slaughter them in the final.
I hope it is Ireland that makes it to the final and hopefully the Springboks although any of the Tri-Nations teams would deserve to be their. The quarters will be a good preview for next years new 4 Nations .

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
02 Oct 11

Ireland are looking very very good.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by andrew93
Ahem. Which game were you watching? The ref was incredibly one-eyed and the off-the-ball incidents from the Samoans were no worse than those of the Saffies. The Saffies very lucky to not get any red cards. The ref made some terrible calls which cost the Samoans momentum and potentially points. He needs to be sent back to ref school.

Furthermore, I c ...[text shortened]... ames in the same pool as their home country? I find it unbelievable this is allowed to happen.
Please.
The Samoans were punching and needling all the time. They were just trying to test the boks' discipline, as they knew the only way they could beat us is if we totally lost it retaliating.

Red cards for a SA player? Dude, you really should stop trying to comment on rugby matches if you think a bok player deserved any card, John Smit included.

Moves
02 Oct 11

Ireland are looking very very good.
Wales aren't looking too bad either, we have the better team and coach on paper but you never know, we've never been in this favorites position before. Have to say though we did look pretty good today, even with Bowe's perfectly good try not being allowed in the first half. Italy are a poor side though, Australia were over confident and played terribly without Pocock, the real test for this Irish side comes next week against Wales.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 11

yes, my hopes now lie with my Celtic cousins from across the water, France can be like that though, temperamental, England are just mediocre.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 11

Originally posted by phil3000
Magnanimous in defeat cames from a lot of experience .
Scotlands rugby team beaten by pansies, eh !
you're only making it worse for yourself.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
03 Oct 11

Wales aren't looking too bad either, we have the better team and coach on paper but you never know, we've never been in this favorites position before. Have to say though we did look pretty good today, even with Bowe's perfectly good try not being allowed in the first half. Italy are a poor side though, Australia were over confident and played terribly without Pocock, the real test for this Irish side comes next week against Wales.
I'm very impressed with the Irish forwards. Haven't seen the Irish play for a while, but you guys seem to have all the bases covered in the engine room.
Ugh, Pocock, don't get me started on him. Same with Ritchie McCaw. Both are good players, McCaw one of the best flankers I've ever seen play, but both get away with murder at the breakdown and both can be practically neutralised by a referee who blows to the letter of the law.

I wouldn't worry about Wales, or the semis for that matter. Hope to see you in the final. The boks have a tough 3 weeks ahead.

Moves
03 Oct 11

I'm very impressed with the Irish forwards. Haven't seen the Irish play for a while, but you guys seem to have all the bases covered in the engine room.
Ugh, Pocock, don't get me started on him. Same with Ritchie McCaw. Both are good players, McCaw one of the best flankers I've ever seen play, but both get away with murder at the breakdown and both can be p ...[text shortened]... e semis for that matter. Hope to see you in the final. The boks have a tough 3 weeks ahead.
Ireland had been poor for the last year and a bit, our only good performance in that time was against England denying them the grand slam. Despite the losses I could see it coming together for the world cup. It looks like Best is out of the Wales match though and with Flannery already out I'm a bit worried tbh, Best was one of our best players against Australia.

I think most of the great players are like that, if the ref is going to allow it you'd be disappointed if your team didn't take advantage. I know the Irish scrum doesn't always play by the rule book.

Can New Zealand beat either Aus or the Boks in the semis without Carter? Didn't look too good without him in the last tri nations match. I'd love an Ireland/Boks final, said at the start I didn't think S.A would go past the quarters though so have to stand by that. Hopefully the winners of the Ireland/Wales and Aus/Boks matches beat each other in the final.

a

Moves
04 Oct 11

Please.
The Samoans were punching and needling all the time. They were just trying to test the boks' discipline, as they knew the only way they could beat us is if we totally lost it retaliating.

Red cards for a SA player? Dude, you really should stop trying to comment on rugby matches if you think a bok player deserved any card, John Smit included.
Coming from someone who said "They are lucky they didn't get 3 red cards in the game"? Give yourself an uppercut. We haven't heard the last of this game yet.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Banned-England-RWC-player-Sapolu-speaks-out/tabid/817/articleID/228251/Default.aspx

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
04 Oct 11

Originally posted by andrew93
Coming from someone who said "They are lucky they didn't get 3 red cards in the game"? Give yourself an uppercut. We haven't heard the last of this game yet.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Banned-England-RWC-player-Sapolu-speaks-out/tabid/817/articleID/228251/Default.aspx
Not sure what you're on about? So another Samoan loses it, this time off the field. Seems to be on par thinking back on the type of 'rugby' they played against the boks.