Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by Crowley
Anyway, the boks dominated and just didn't finish.
This is what would be annoying me if i was from S.A, completely dominant on the set pieces, only conceded 4 penalties, pretty much played the entire game in the Aussie half but could only score 9 points. Had the Boks more attacking ideas you wouldn't be talking about Pocock or the ref. Wales, France or NZ would've ripped Australia apart playing like that today, i've never seen them play so bad. In the tri-nations they were running at the Boks when they picked up the ball in their own half but today decided to play a flawed kicking game, didn't make any sense.

Ireland, England and Argentina were beaten by better sides on the day. S.A lost because they weren't good enough to turn their dominance into points. No one to blame but themselves.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
No one to blame but themselves.
Not quite true, but close enough.

dp

Moves
10 Oct 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Angry Boy
The AB's to choke (again) and Wales to beat Oz in the final.

You heard it here first.
Australia had a lot of extra support for their game against SA in the form of a big cruise liner pull up outside the caketin in Wellington. Don't think they will get that type of support in their game against the AB's. Aus won the tri nations but NZ dominated the home games. Not too much has changed since then apart from Aus having a rough time against Samoa, Ireland and a hard game against SA. I can't see NZ chocking especially at home... it's a bit different playing on the other side of the world.

The problem we have as I have already said is the half back/first five combination. Weepu steped up against Argentina and won man of the match but he could even get played at first five instead of half back and have Jimmy Cowanl start there. Personally I would like to see them play as they had it after Slade went off with Weepu at half back and the Manawatu boy at first five. Weepu fills that half back role good but hasn't played many full games... usually a sub and Cruden seemed to get the backs flowing better. Slade has not been performing to his ability even though Henry says he just needs more game time. Can't see it.

New York

Moves
10 Oct 11

Two Semi finals that will be too close to pick, much like the Quarters. But I'll pick them anyway. NZ vs Wales final.

rc

Moves
10 Oct 11

France v the Aussies.

Moves
10 Oct 11

^^50% from the both of you isn't bad^^ 😉

D

Moves
10 Oct 11

Jeez, Bryce Lawrence turned that game into schoolyard quality. What a horrible referee.
I couldn't have said it better myself: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/8816349/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-Bryce-Lawrence-reduced-breakdown-to-a-farce-in-Australias-win-over-South-Africa.html
I called the Pocock factor before the game. For some reas ...[text shortened]... All Blacks now.

I'm confused - New Zealand won the first Rugby World Cup didn't they?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by DriftingWoods
I'm confused - New Zealand won the first Rugby World Cup didn't they?
Notice use of the word "win" not "won".

New York

Moves
11 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
France v the Aussies.
I'm hoping you are 100% wrong there, Robbie. New Zealand vs Wales is what I'm hoping for!

Moves
11 Oct 11

Originally posted by Swiss Toni
I'm hoping you are 100% wrong there, Robbie. New Zealand vs Wales is what I'm hoping for!
NZ/France 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Oct 11

Australia v NZ would be the most interesting final to watch. Anyone else v NZ in the final would be a massacre.
That's not to say Australia wont get massacred, but they stand a better chance. Although they having been playing pretty average thus far ...

rc

Moves
12 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Australia v NZ would be the most interesting final to watch. Anyone else v NZ in the final would be a massacre.
That's not to say Australia wont get massacred, but they stand a better chance. Although they having been playing pretty average thus far ...
The French have a pretty decent record against the Ab's, as far as I am aware. Even in NZ.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Oct 11

Bryce Lawrence's cliff notes.

http://law23.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bryce-lawrence-reffing-flowchart.jpg

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Oct 11

The only way France can beat the All Blacks is if the plane carrying the AB squad crashes in snowy, mountainous terrain and they have to eat each other to survive and the French plays the survivors as they get off the rescue plane.

Moves
15 Oct 11
1 edit

The only way France can beat the All Blacks is if the plane carrying the AB squad crashes in snowy, mountainous terrain and they have to eat each other to survive and the French plays the survivors as they get off the rescue plane.
40mins of rugby against England and they're in the final... well rested for the final lol
seriously though, France will win this WC, just wait and see.

Edit: horrible match btw, just horrible.