Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
04 Oct 11

lol, I can't believe Sapolu is criticizing Owens, who showed amazing restraint in not making Samoa play the boks with 12 men.
Christ, the idiot deserves his ban from rugby.

dp

Moves
05 Oct 11

All on this weekend. 🙂.

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by dan preston
All on this weekend. 🙂.
It is going to be awesome. Only team sure of a winning this weekend is the All Blacks, and the rest can go either way. Springboks have selected a strong experienced side.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
05 Oct 11

We were there with English and SA mates. He deserves his ban for the IRB comments but all actually at the game said Owens had a poor day. I was there and watched the incident through a lens.. it was a yellow for sure but there were other incidents missed from both sides. The thousands of SA fans at the game were bitterly disappointed that SA just did enough to get through.. time wasting and slowing down and making sure they weren't urgent.. I over heard a bunch of SA fans grumbling wanting a refund. Overall SA are coming on to form and should manage to dispatch Aussie, unless they seriously get a dose of pride and play to potential.

I'm picking Wales to pip Ireland.. they were faultless against Fiji who played well especially down the left wing.. but Wales kept them out. NZ are leaking easy tries.. but should easily manage Argentina by 40pts. England will romp home against France who are totally out of sorts... the lovely French fans win the singing contest.. they have been great here.. SA have the best looking lady fans by a million miles!! lol even my wife noticed.

dp

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by CER
It is going to be awesome. Only team sure of a winning this weekend is the All Blacks, and the rest can go either way. Springboks have selected a strong experienced side.
Yes it is. Hopefully NZ gets a little more cementing of the halfback/1st 5 with carter out. Richies back!

For me the game is definitly Aus vs SA.

My picks. NZ, Ireland, Aussie and Eng.

Moves
05 Oct 11

I really hope that you're right.

Knocking England out of a world cup semi final - that's the dream.

But if Wales beat Ireland i'll be supporting the French.

dp

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
I really hope that you're right.

Knocking England out of a world cup semi final - that's the dream.

But if Wales beat Ireland i'll be supporting the French.
Well as was said already those games could go either way.

I picked Ireland off it's form against Aus. If they can carry that good form through to the northern hemisphere teams remains to be seen.

Aus/SA could go either way and they are pretty much equal favs on the tote. I'm just picking Aus will play better here and continue it's winning form of the tri nations.

edit:thanks Tonga for giving those French a beating. Well done! Very impressed with the way Samoa and Tonga played.

Moves
06 Oct 11

Well as was said already those games could go either way.

I picked Ireland off it's form against Aus. If they can carry that good form through to the northern hemisphere teams remains to be seen.

Aus/SA could go either way and they are pretty much equal favs on the tote. I'm just picking Aus will play better here and continue it's winning form of t ...[text shortened]... giving those French a beating. Well done! Very impressed with the way Samoa and Tonga played.
You're right, 3 50/50 calls. Pity they start at 6am here but should be some good rugby this weekend.

I said Ireland would reach the semis before the tournament began and S.A could crash out in the quarters, with England having the edge against France more often than not I have to agree with your picks but anything can happen.

a

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

Maybe now we can get some unbiased referees who don't favour certain nations....but I won't hold my breath.

Brussow strikes Williams four times (twice on the head), Williams retaliates and strikes back once on the head. Who gets a red card? The Samoan. Personally I think Brussow is playing the wrong sport - he should play the round ball variety for that little piece of Hollywood acting. If you genuinely think that event deserved a single red card, then ask yourself why Smith was sent off 2 minutes later. Human nature. The ref knew he made a mistake and the crowd let him know it; this was his way of trying to undo his previous mistake. Not that I'm condoning for a second that two wrongs make a right.......and earlier in the game a Samoan was also slapped in the face by a Bok. What happened? You guessed it.....nothing. Poor, inexcusable & biased refereeing.

English management swap the match ball out for Johnny Wilkinson mid game. Wht happens? Nothing. A Samoan wears a branded mouth guard. Who gets fined? The Samoan.

And I will say it again......a Welsh referee officiating a game where the Welsh potentially benefit? There is no other way to describe that other than a conflict of interest.

It's not right......the smaller nations deserve better.

Moves
07 Oct 11

Originally posted by andrew93
Maybe now we can get some unbiased referees who don't favour certain nations...
Whenever a sports fan says that, you can add "...but do favour my own". I've never found an exception, and I certainly haven't found any among rugby fans.

Richard

AB

Moves
07 Oct 11

Yes it is. Hopefully NZ gets a little more cementing of the halfback/1st 5 with carter out. Richies back!

For me the game is definitly Aus vs SA.

For the love of Rugby please be NZ, Aus, Wales and France

.. who the hell, except their own supporters obviously, wants to watch an England v Ireland semi final bore-fest?

dp

Moves
07 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Angry Boy
For the love of Rugby please be NZ, Aus, Wales and France

.. who the hell, except their own supporters obviously, wants to watch an England v Ireland semi final bore-fest?
Well a lot of people like Wales. The neighbour across the road has a Welsh flag flying in his front yard so who knows. We were woken last night with a car taking out a powerpole, powerlines all over the road and the driver did a runner.

Can't see England losing though. Not that they have done anything special but because France looks worse. France could pull a good game out of the bag... look what they did to the ABs last world cup but I doubt they will be able to after a beating from Tonga and they won't have much good support from people around these ways. They will have to pay. 🙂.

a

Moves
07 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Whenever a sports fan says that, you can add "...but do favour my own". I've never found an exception, and I certainly haven't found any among rugby fans.

Richard
All anyone asks for is an unfair advantage! 🙂

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
08 Oct 11

Well done Wales.. amazing focus in the tight and not scared to play rugby with 15 men. 22-10 Commiserations to the Irish, great fans and a brilliant night in Auckland when they beat the Aussies to get to the 1/4s.. NZ went green. Wales 144 tackles to 98. They were 138 - 88 against Tonga - great display.. good game

Moves
08 Oct 11

😞 typical Ireland.