Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
40mins of rugby against England and they're in the final... well rested for the final lol
seriously though, France will win this WC, just wait and see.

Edit: horrible match btw, just horrible.
If they win this, I will buy you a plane ticket to come here and coach me in rugby, because I can't see this side beating even the All Slacks, not even talking about the All Blacks.
I'm calling the final now NZ 32 - les duh 9

Except Bryce Lawrence's showing last week, this match has to be one of the low points in this WC.

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by Crowley
If they win this, I will buy you a plane ticket to come here and coach me in rugby, because I can't see this side beating even the All Slacks, not even talking about the All Blacks.

Except Bryce Lawrence's showing last week, this match has to be one of the low points in this WC.
Remember the France that turned up for the first 10 mins against the All Blacks at the start of the tournament? That's that the France that is going to show up for 80 mins in the final. They're the only side capable of playing that badly and following it up with a world beating performance. We see it year after year in the 6 nations.

rc

Moves
16 Oct 11

Remember the France that turned up for the first 10 mins against the All Blacks at the start of the tournament? That's that the France that is going to show up for 80 mins in the final. They're the only side capable of playing that badly and following it up with a world beating performance. We see it year after year in the 6 nations.
Ab's pack was formidable. They were playing more in the style of a Northern
Hemisphere team, pick and drive, never gave the Aussies a chance. Hopefully France
match will be awesome.

Moves
16 Oct 11

40mins of rugby against England and they're in the final... well rested for the final lol
seriously though, France will win this WC, just wait and see.

Edit: horrible match btw, just horrible.
Deadly boring. France didn't even try (or have to), and Wales tried, but mainly the spectators' patience.
And the twaddle being talked about that red card being (as Auntie called it) "disputed" or (as even more biased fans called it) "horribly unfair" - get off it. If I had pulled that stunt on the soft(ish) judo mat (way back when I still was a judoka), I'd have been sent off, and rightly so. Warburton pulled it on the hard grass. Red? Blood red. He could've snapped that Frenchman's neck there and then. He shouldn't just be sent off, he should be arrested.

Richard

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ab's pack was formidable. They were playing more in the style of a Northern
Hemisphere team, pick and drive, never gave the Aussies a chance. Hopefully France
match will be awesome.
The only way the Aussies were going to win if Bryce was the ref. The AB did not play their normal running game. They did a lot more kicking then normal. SBW yellow card was a bit harsh . The AB will smash the French and the Aussies will have another tough game against Wales. Wales have a point to prove that they should have been in the final.

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Deadly boring. France didn't even try (or have to), and Wales tried, but mainly the spectators' patience.
And the twaddle being talked about that red card being (as Auntie called it) "disputed" or (as even more biased fans called it) "horribly unfair" - get off it. If I had pulled that stunt on the soft(ish) judo mat (way back when I still was a judoka ...[text shortened]... neck there and then. He shouldn't just be sent off, he should be arrested.

Richard
I would've given a red for it as well... Wales had their chances to win even with 14 men, Stephen Jones bottled it not putting him in a position for a drop goal attempt late on, cowards don't win rugby matches.

rc

Moves
16 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by CER
The only way the Aussies were going to win if Bryce was the ref. The AB did not play their normal running game. They did a lot more kicking then normal. SBW yellow card was a bit harsh . The AB will smash the French and the Aussies will have another tough game against Wales. Wales have a point to prove that they should have been in the final.
no no my friend, you do not understand he French, they are temperamental even
within a single game. You cannot judge them from one appearance to the next.
France are not ordinary like the English, they can play rugby and they know how to
run the ball. I doubt the Ab pack will be able to dictate the game as they did against
the Aussies. If i was the Ab's i would have chosen to play anyone but France, its
hopefully gonna be awesome! North v South!

rc

Moves
16 Oct 11

I would've given a red for it as well... Wales had their chances to win even with 14 men, Stephen Jones bottled it not putting him in a position for a drop goal attempt late on, cowards don't win rugby matches.
i thought it was actually quite exciting myself, like Trev states, Wales came to within
inches of winning.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
16 Oct 11

Blah blah blah.
Temperamental French, 'French flair'. All this crap being bandied about. I think it's just to keep the sponsors happy ensuring people except commentators and journalists actually watch the game.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys. No amount of flair, blind luck or any spiritual cap can help the French from here. They have about as much chance as me scoring with Alessandra Ambrosio.

The stars have been aligning for a long time to gift New Zealand this cup, with their boy Bryce taking out the biggest hurdle in the boks. They just have to turn up to collect their trophy. Ah well, they do deserve it.

Moves
16 Oct 11

Blah blah blah.
Temperamental French, 'French flair'. All this crap being bandied about. I think it's just to keep the sponsors happy ensuring people except commentators and journalists actually watch the game.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys. No amount of flair, blind luck or any spiritual cap can help the French from here. They have about as much cha ...[text shortened]... in the boks. They just have to turn up to collect their trophy. Ah well, they do deserve it.
If you look at the past 12 months you would say France haven't got a chance, losing to Italy and Tonga and playing some horrible rugby in the process. They're are capable of so much more though and we have to believe they're going to pull it off against the ABs, otherwise what's the point in watching?

Win or lose going against all form they've shown recently i think the real France will turn up next week and put in a good performance. I hope they do, for the sake of the final.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
16 Oct 11

If you look at the past 12 months you would say France haven't got a chance, losing to Italy and Tonga and playing some horrible rugby in the process. They're are capable of so much more though and we have to believe they're going to pull it off against the ABs, otherwise what's the point in watching?

Win or lose going against all form they've shown recen ...[text shortened]... turn up next week and put in a good performance. I hope they do, for the sake of the final.
Well, I may have been a little harsh. I will definitely watch, as will millions others - but only to see if the boys in black will be able to make this the largest winning margin in history.

Plus I really like to watch Sonny Bill play.

dp

Moves
17 Oct 11

wow... what a blood bath. Happy with that 🙂.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Oct 11

Gee Crowley are you having a sour grape moment

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
And the twaddle being talked about that red card being (as Auntie called it) "disputed" or (as even more biased fans called it) "horribly unfair" - get off it. If I had pulled that stunt on the soft(ish) judo mat (way back when I still was a judoka ...[text shortened]... neck there and then. He shouldn't just be sent off, he should be arrested.

Richard
Mate go back to your judo mat, rugby is so much more demanding than throwing your opponent to the floor, FFS it was a yellow card at the most

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i thought it was actually quite exciting myself, like Trev states, Wales came to within
inches of winning.
Yes , but they didnt win and they wont this weekend