Euro 2012

Euro 2012

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In your face

Moves
25 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
That's my ancestor's tartan.
My ancestors are Walker's 😛

http://tinyurl.com/7svfoxl

s

6yd box

Moves
25 Jun 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Thank goodness we didn't win the penalty shoot-out. It would have felt like cheating after that performance! Congrats to Italy, the better side by a country mile.
England are so far behind the top football nations-
Its really time to get rid of Terry, Lamps and A.Cole, also Parker and Young both showed they are not up to international football

Time to spend the next two season using the young talents of Walker, Cahill, Huddleston, Richards and Wiltshire to build them up for 2014

rc

Moves
25 Jun 12

Originally posted by spurs73
Its really time to get rid of Terry, Lamps and A.Cole, also Parker and Young both showed they are not up to international football

Time to spend the next two season using the young talents of Walker, Cahill, Huddleston, Richards and Wiltshire to build them up for 2014
I thought Terry was easily Englands best player, he super solid.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
26 Jun 12
1 edit

Italy were the better side, but in the 2nd half we made them look better than they really are. The Germans will sort out their innards and rather them than us tbh.

Well done England for pulling it out this far. Only critical comment (other than possession) would be on Rooney; is he really international class, mentally?
Italy will do fine against Germany, as it did almost all the times we encountered that team, I would be more worried if we have to play against Spain.

Rooney is not mentally inadapt for national team matches, the problem is that he has a mediocre supporting cast around him.

s

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by spurs73

Terry was a shining example of tenacity and upright play. he was fearless and peerless! I don't disagree with bringing up the youngsters, but a solid veteran core is also important. Look at Pirlo, no spring chicken and how he motored Italy. Even though they did not score, they will have an easier time of it with an open Germany. Hodgson did what he thought he had to do. I am sure he'll rely on a good mixture of players. he saw who could be useful and who faded. I can predict who's off the team based on this cup performance. The two Ashleys are done or should be, Rooney should be benched. Milner was pretty awful. Parker was so so. The late sub, JOrdan Henderson seemed apoplectic. All in all a really bad game, but lots of positives as well. England is solid in back. Just need a better midfrield to complement Gerrard and need to find strikers unafraid to strike. Ball control is another must!

rc

Moves
26 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Terry was a shining example of tenacity and upright play. he was fearless and peerless! I don't disagree with bringing up the youngsters, but a solid veteran core is also important. Look at Pirlo, no spring chicken and how he motored Italy. Even though they did not score, they will have an easier time of it with an open Germany. Hodgson did what he thou omplement Gerrard and need to find strikers unafraid to strike. Ball control is another must!
It should be an interesting encounter, the problem any team face against Germany is
their versatility, the Germans can play with width, the can play down the middle, they
can play counter attacking football, they have players of great skill and creativity. Pirlo
will have a much tougher time playing against Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Khedira and
Muller/Kroos. Pirlos penalty against England was moment of the match, awesome.

s

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It should be an interesting encounter, the problem any team face against Germany is
their versatility, the Germans can play with width, the can play down the middle, they
can play counter attacking football, they have players of great skill and creativity. Pirlo
will have a much tougher time playing against Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Khedira and
Muller/Kroos. Pirlos penalty against England was moment of the match, awesome.
Scwheinstaiger may be out because of injury. I have not been nearly as impressed by Germany as many seem to have. They possess all the skills you reference, but defend poorly. I also think physical play intimidates them. If Italy could only have Chiellini back, but he is likely out rest of tournament.

S

Utrecht

Moves
26 Jun 12

Schweinsteiger says he's ready to play.
Germany don't mind a physical game. They're masterdivers, have lungs that make a submarine happy and can play the ref like no other team.
If Italy can play tight, keep the spaces small, put a chain round Özils neck, can switch like thunder from defense to offense, I don't see why they should lose.

Moves
26 Jun 12

I'm descended from the Macpherson clan,
Are you related to Graham
better known as Suggs
, then?

Richard

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by Ravello
Italy will do fine against Germany, as it did almost all the times we encountered that team, I would be more worried if we have to play against Spain.
You probably will still have to, if you manage to beat the Hun.

Richard

D

Moves
26 Jun 12

D

Moves
26 Jun 12

D

Moves
26 Jun 12
1 edit

s

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by Sake
Schweinsteiger says he's ready to play.
Germany don't mind a physical game. They're masterdivers, have lungs that make a submarine happy and can play the ref like no other team.
If Italy can play tight, keep the spaces small, put a chain round Özils neck, can switch like thunder from defense to offense, I don't see why they should lose.
Schweinsteiger is having mental issues ever since his missed PK in UEFA final against Chelsea. It is "fitness" issues he said. I dunno. Sounds to me he's psyching him out because eh might expect another PK shootout deciding this game? He needs Pirlo lessons on how to master a PK! I agree with Italy's potential winning strategy. Italy also needs to take a page from the Greece-Germany 1st half playbook. Greece had Germany where they wanted them then faltered. I really think Germany is more afraid than Italy and have a curse to expunge Italy has nothing to lose.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Jun 12
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I once spent two years studying the 'industrial revolution' only to be informed in the third year that there was no actual revolution and it was just a massive increase in the production of coal, Steel and cotton products, that is when I decided to put my faith in the history that made sense to me rather than the flavour of the month thesis.

It makes sense to me that an English force campaigning across the channel would not have the supply lines that the indigenous forces would have access to in order to replenish their ranks. The reality will probably fall between 2-1 and the admittedly outlandish figures trumpeted by the likes of kenneth Branagh.

As for inventing a new tank I assumed I was correcting a spelling mistake by the makers😉

I think we need to view 'war crimes' in context, unfortunately sometimes in battle no quarter is given or expected, I do not believe that wounded British combatants would have received dissimilar treatment from their Sudanese countereparts, unless the historians are mistaken concerning the fate of 'Gordon'.

If there was a crime it was probably the invasion of the Sudan itself.