1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 08:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "I did *not* initiate any name-calling against Shallow Blue or Kevcvs57."

Yeah you did. and your posts are there for all to see.

Your only defense is your apparent lack of social skills, and empathy which may account for the fact that you can abuse a fellow poster without being aware of the fact. And why do you insist on referring to the poster you are responding to, rather than addressing them directly.
    " I think it's a fair judgment to regard Kevcvs57 as quite close-minded, ignorant, and arrogant as well."

Close minded in the sense that I trust my judgement on certain issues, yes, Ignorant in the sense of still lacking a hell of a lot of knowledge and wisdom, yes, Arrogant, who is not to varying degrees. But to hear these particular criticisms coming from yourself, well, you can add temporarily incontinent.

I would not argue with your knowledge of historical data, my issue is your inability/refusal to flesh it out with any deeper analysis. Your approach is all about dates and numbers. Have you considered the geographical position in relation to Nazi Germany of Holland versus Ireland and did you factor that into the equation. Incidentally I think Shallow blue's comment regarding Irelands neutrality was part of an ongoing humour based ribbing session rather than the opening salvo in a historically precise war of words. You might want to address your failure to see it in that context.

We are quite aware that the US waits until the most opportune moment before getting directly involved in European conflicts, but why would it act any different, it's duty is to Americans first and foremost. However at a governmental level it's actions in regard to 'lend lease' indicate that it was not morally neutral(yes I know it made financial sense, but as you yourself indicated there was no domestic political currency in it).

On the question of the Japanese invasion of China and it's conduct towards the civilians, perhaps if the Chinese communists and Nationalist's had seen fit to turn and confront their common enemy the west might have weighed in against an expansionist Japan.

"At that time, people tended to be less certain than people today that the Nazis
    were evil because people had less knowledge of what the Nazis had done and
    could not yet know everything that the Nazis would do."

Are you suggesting that the world could plead ignorance to intentions of the Nazi's in the light of evidence such as:- 'Mein kampf' 'the Nuremberg laws' and 'Krystallnacht'
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 14:04
    In my experience, only people who have no real arguments of themselves insist on repeating their "opponent"'s name, to make the matter personal.

This strategy always fails to convince.

Richard
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 16:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    In my experience, only people who have no real arguments of themselves insist on repeating their "opponent"'s name, to make the matter personal.

This strategy always fails to convince.

Richard
    It feels weird, it is posted directly as a reply but it is like they are addressing an imaginary third person.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 19:171 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 12:42
    This is not your UCLA debating club. Your little tricks do not work here.

Richard
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 15:55
    'Never in the history of forum conflict has one person been distorted/misunderstood by so many' 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree