Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Feb 21

@fmf said
According to the ideology that you propagate here, the human race evolved as a species so that your God figure could inflict grotesque, vengeful, neverending violence on most of them for their religious beliefs or lack thereof.
A response to this observation on your answer to "why" would be more interesting than you riffing on rocks like a stuck-for-ideas Sunday school teacher.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 21

@sonship said
I believe that it is hugely significant that the Bible describes the creation of the first man and his wife as it does.

This simple picture I think is a window in the very meaning of human life and purpose.
How do you think it is hugely significant and how does it give meaning to human existence?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Feb 21

@secondson said
"The finite can never comprehend the infinite."

Being finite does not necessitate a lack of comprehension of the infinite. We don't know all, but we know the one that does.

"The life of the Earth is limited and hence measurable by time.

The universe is not"

Measurable in time, yet we have still to identify life forms not discovered.

The ...[text shortened]...

Can I know all about God and His creation? Obviously not.

But I can, and do, know Him.
Knowing and following are two different things.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Jesus came out of the Godhead as the word
The ground came out of Jesus in creation
Adam came out of the ground of creation
Eve came out of Adam
Cain came out of Eve, as did the rest of mankind
God is planned, sequential, ordered and parsimonious.

His plan can be explained in simple themes and clear messages. Some people get their feathers ruffled by the idea of God being non-mysterious, preferring instead to create intellectual mazes which require revered gurus offering complex exegesis.

Moves
15 Feb 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Normal folk.

Until the morrow sir.

Good day sir.
Latter you can tell us who decides who is "normal".
Is a cat's life pointless? Is a cat's life without meaning because it neither recognizes God and doesn't have an eternal soul? Should we just kill cats and shrug, "so what, who cares? They just came from dirt."

A person's' normality' is shown in their response to such questions.

Moves
15 Feb 21

As an aside, if cats woke up today with enhanced intelligence that mirrored our own, and were able to contemplate their own mortality, it probably wouldn't be long before they explored concepts of life beyond death and created their own deities, to lessen the fear of kicking the bucket.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Feb 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Asked like a man who has lost the sense of his own humanity and the precious nature of life. Don't you have loved ones?
You go too far. Asserting and insinuating that another has lost his sense of humanity and doesn't believe in the precious nature of life, and caps it off by holding hostage his family, begs the question: who are you?

"Survival of the fittest", an axiom of evolution, is at its heart the denigration of the weak and feeble and a hostile attack on the preciousness of life itself.

That philosophy of life is at the root of all evil and is responsible for the likes of Hitler, and the others, that used that ideology to justify their heinous acts of violence against HUMANITY.

Evolutionary thought inverts rationality and logic.

The gift of life is most precious, and is most honored when one sacrifices there own life for another. That axiom comes from God and not evilution.

I sacrifice every minute and all the energy of my life for my "loved ones" sir, so please refrain from insinuating otherwise by leveling unsubstantiated accusations to the contrary.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Feb 21

@suzianne said
Knowing and following are two different things.
Do tell.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Feb 21

@divegeester said
God is planned, sequential, ordered and parsimonious.

His plan can be explained in simple themes and clear messages. Some people get their feathers ruffled by the idea of God being non-mysterious, preferring instead to create intellectual mazes which require revered gurus offering complex exegesis.
I'll take it with a grain of salt how you apply the term 'parsimonious', God isn't stingy, otherwise the rest of your post isn't bad. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Feb 21

@FMF

In this community, since you returned after your break? What are their names?

You can start with the names of the twelve apostles written on the foundations of the New Jerusalem.

Now, while I contemplate your sparse and often piece-meal little replies along the way, I will embark on speaking to some here more about Adam's rib being build-ed into a woman.

If this bores you simply put some more effort into explaining your own belief to those more interested in that.

Moves
15 Feb 21

@secondson said
You go too far. Asserting and insinuating that another has lost his sense of humanity and doesn't believe in the precious nature of life, and caps it off by holding hostage his family, begs the question: who are you?
No I don't think so.

Billions of years of evolution for sonship to arrive on the planet only for him to describe his own origins as dirt and meaningless, betraying all his ancestors, enduring their struggles for him to exist, and replacing it all with a couple of perfectly formed humans in a garden.

I didn't go far enough.

Moves
15 Feb 21

@secondson said

"Survival of the fittest", an axiom of evolution, is at its heart the denigration of the weak and feeble and a hostile attack on the preciousness of life itself.

That philosophy of life is at the root of all evil and is responsible for the likes of Hitler, and the others, that used that ideology to justify their heinous acts of violence against HUMANITY.

Evolutionar ...[text shortened]... honored when one sacrifices there own life for another. That axiom comes from God and not evilution.
And yet, without survival of the fittest, you wouldn't be here rubbishing it all.

Moves
15 Feb 21

@secondson said

I sacrifice every minute and all the energy of my life for my "loved ones" sir, so please refrain from insinuating otherwise by leveling unsubstantiated accusations to the contrary.
Great. So how do you feel about Sonship saying, 'Why not just BE killed? No plan, no purpose . . . so what's so preserve worthy about LIFE then ????"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Feb 21
1 edit

@divegeester

How do you think it is hugely significant and how does it give meaning to human existence?

The replies heard here were interesting. I want to think more about non-living material over a long period of time evolving into something with morality, personhood, abstract thinking ability, and a thirst to contemplate its own meaning.

While I mull over those beliefs I will offer some thoughts on my OP.

There are two main men in Paul's concept - Adam and Christ.
Adam he calls "the first man". Christ he calls "the second man."
Christ is also called by Paul "the last Adam".

This speaks of Christ not only the second head like figure of humans but also as a conclusion, a finishing off of what was previous - "the LAST" one in a long line of ones. The last Adam to conclude a line of meaning and initiate a new line of meaning.

Romans chapter five is the portion of the New Testament speaking significant contrasts between these two - Adam and Christ.

That's enough for this post. Adam and Christ are two major figures in understanding what God is doing with humankind. Christ, in Paul's thinking, is the far more significant one because Adam is a figure of Christ.

" . . . Adam . . . who was a type of Him who was to come." (See Rom. 5:14b)

Adam and the history related to him, pre-figures the One who was to come, Christ. Things involving Adam offer a window of insight into the things involving Christ.

When God created Adam therefore, God already had in His mind things that would be accomplished by the second man, the last Adam, Christ, "Him who was to come."

F

Moves
15 Feb 21

@sonship said
@FMF
In this community, since you returned after your break? What are their names?

You can start with the names of the twelve apostles written on the foundations of the New Jerusalem.
Huh? Asked about the lack of "passengers" you have in this community...

You said: I'm just a little pointer to where you can ride if you wish. I think some got on.

And I asked: In this community, since you returned after your break? What are their names?

And your answer is "the twelve apostles"?