Who of the “trinity” became flesh?

Who of the “trinity” became flesh?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Apr 21
1 edit

@sonship said"For it is testified, "You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." (Heb. 7:17)
A priest isn’t a king sonship.

According to your doctrine, the kingship of the kingdom has been handed over by one person (the son) to another person,(the father). Therefore the son is no longer king.

This problem is a symptom of the trinity teaching.

Moves
29 Apr 21

I’m enjoying this!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 21
5 edits

@divegeester

A priest isn’t a king sonship.

This priest is a king. Psalm 110 was the prophecy foretelling of a Priest and King sitting at God's right hand whom God subdues all His enemies under His feet.

The Psalm opens with -
"Jehovah declares to my Lord,
Sit at My right hand
Until I make Your enemies Your footstool,"

Then He is revealed as a King

"Jehovah will send forth they scepter of Your strength from Zion:
Rule in the midst of Your enemies,
Your people will off themselves willingly in the day of Your warfare,"

He is also a great fighting Warrior there.

"Jehovah has sworn And He will not change:
You are a Priest forever
According to the order of Melchizidek,"

Christ is the King with power and authority here. He is also the High Priest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 21

According to your doctrine, the kingship of the kingdom has been handed over by one person (the son) to another person,(the father). Therefore the son is no longer king.

I do not insist on the word "person".
I also am not sure where you get the phrase "hand over".

First Corinthians 15:24 says "Then the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to His God and Father, once He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

Why you call that "hand over" I am not sure. I'm looking into that interpretation.

But Christ is both the King forever and ever and the High Priest forever.

"But of the Son, Your THRONE, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom . . . "

In this short verse we have:
1.) The Son of God is God. "Your throne, O God . . ."
2.) The Son's kingdom is forever. "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever"

He may lay the spoils of His conquest of the world to the One whose will He came to do. But His reigning on the throne of David is forever. And to His kingdom there will be no end.

"He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of David His father. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of His kingdom there will be no end." (Luke 1:32,33)

Delivering up the kingdom to His God and Father cannot mean that the Son of the Most High terminates the kingdom given to Him. Delivering up the kingdom to his God and Father cannot mean His reign over the house of Jacob is not forever. Nor can it mean to His kingdom there will be AN end.

I believe both His delivering up the kingdom to His God and Father AND His being on the throne of His kingdom forever.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 21
2 edits

I am willing to admit that it is not easy for the human mind to fully comprehend or explain. But the statements of the word of God I accept and trust.
I’m enjoying this!

As for you enjoying this?
You have the right to be jolly and unbelieving at the same time.

But the eternal Son is both a King forever and a Priest forever.

Moves
30 Apr 21

@sonship said

I am willing to admit that it is not easy for the human mind to fully comprehend or explain.
What your doctrine teaches is contradictory to scripture as I have just point out, quite well I might add.

Moves
30 Apr 21
1 edit

@sonship said
Delivering up the kingdom to His God and Father cannot mean that the Son of the Most High terminates the kingdom given to Him.
On the contrary it cannot mean anything else. You just won’t accept that you are mistaken and that your doctrine is erroneous.

The ONLY way the multiple scriptures on this topic make any sense is if the one entity is manifesting in multiple ways, but effective remain in the same “person”, rather than multiple personalities somehow inhabiting a godhead and causing confusion over which one is actually THE ONE King.

You must see this, you’re not stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 21
8 edits

@divegeester said
What your doctrine teaches is contradictory to scripture as I have just point out, quite well I might add.
The Son as King and the Priest of God is so perpetually and on into eternity.

" . . . but the word of oath, which was after the law, establishes the Son, perfected forever." (Heb. 7:28b)

I believe the Son is perfected forever as a perpetual High Priest and the one whom Melchezidek pointed to. Melchesidek was named a king and priest. That is a priestly king. He points to the eternal King / Priest the Son of God.

Christ was appointed Priest according to the power of an indestructible life.

"And it is still more abundantly evident since it is according to the likeness of Melchizedek that a different Priest arises, Who has been appointed not according to the law of a fleshly commandment but according to the power of an indestructible life. For it is testified, You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 21
1 edit

This king / priest of Genesis points to Jesus Christ - "For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him . . ." (Heb. 7:1)

And he is likened to the Son of God who has "[no] end of life."

"Being without father, without mother, without genealogy; having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but likened to the Son of God, abides a priest perpetually." (Heb. 7:3)

I do not know what you mean by any "office of son" not continuing on forever.
Unless you explain more about that it doesn't agree with what I read in the bible.

I do know that the love of Christ surpasses all understanding. So though I say the depths of full comprehension is beyond me the enjoyment of His love is quite, quite near.

"And to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ . . ." (Eph. 3:19)

Again the love and also the peace of God fills the believers and surpasses every man's understanding. His mysterious living peace keeps our minds and hearts on this indwelling One - Christ Jesus.

"And the peace of God, which surpasses every man's understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:7)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 21
2 edits

By the way, 90% of the time I do not cut and paste.
I copy verses by hand from the Bible on my desk.
I get to enjoy them more that way, though it is risky.

When copying from Biblehub, I do some cut and paste though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 21
5 edits

On the contrary it cannot mean anything else. You just won’t accept that you are mistaken and that your doctrine is erroneous.

What happens to the Son of God Jesus Christ after He "hands over" the kingdom to His God and Father ?

The ONLY way the multiple scriptures on this topic make any sense is if the one entity is manifesting in multiple ways, but effective remain in the same “person”, rather than multiple personalities somehow inhabiting a godhead and causing confusion over which one is actually THE ONE King.

What happens to Jesus the Son of God after He "hands OVER" the kingdom to His God and Father ?

Does the Son go away, disappear, obliterate, cease to BE ?

If I am stupid here and you're very confident that the obvious is clear to you, please tell me what happens to the Son after the "hand over". And what of His varied functions or offices once this "hand over" has taken place ?

Moves
01 May 21
1 edit

According to the trinity doctrine God is made up of three distinct persons, each with shared but also different attributes. This is despite the Bible insisting all the way through that God is one.

Person 1 the father
- the father is also a spirit and co equal with the other 2 persons. No one really understands what co equal means as there is only one king and one throne.

Person 2 the son
- according to the trinity doctrine, the son is “eternal” and co-equal with the Father who is a spirit...and the holy spirt who is also a spirit. Jesus Christ also has an active spirit called “the spirit of Christ”. This third spirt was active in the Old Testament according to scripture

Person three the Holy Spirit
- the Holy Spirit only appear in the Bible from Acts onwards and is sent by Jesus or the spirit of Christ. Despite being co-equal the holy spirit “does not speak of himself” but only bears witness to the authority of the spirit of Jesus Christ. The father spirit is not active again until revelation, as all references are to “the spirit of Christ or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is referred to by Jesus himself as being the “councillor”.

Confused yet?

In revelation scripture tells us that the son, who is co-equal to the father remember, will hand over the KINGDOM to the father. Therefore the Father will be King of the Kingdom and the son will be...well a Prince, one supposes.

And yet iIsaiah say that the the kingdom of the son will never end. So that’s odd isn’t it.

Isaiah also says that the child who is born (that is Jesus) shall be called (among other things) “Everlasting Father” and “wonderful councillor”

So here’s the thing.

How can the trinity notion be correct when clearly all three persons in this version of God are NOT co-equal, the son’s reign over the kingdom ends when he hands it over to the the father, and Jesus himself will be called ... “EVERLASTING FATHER” and “WONDERFUL COUNCILLOR”

There is one possible explanation for Christians to accept which is that rather than there being THREE PERSONS in this strange god of contradiction, there is ONE PERSON being revealed in many ways over the millennia.

Wether one is atheist or not, the theological principle I’m putting forward is so obvious that surely even a child could understand it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 May 21

@divegeester said
According to the trinity doctrine God is made up of three distinct persons, each with shared but also different attributes. This is despite the Bible insisting all the way through that God is one.

Person 1 the father
- the father is also a spirit and co equal with the other 2 persons. No one really understands what co equal means as there is only one king and one th ...[text shortened]... heological principle I’m putting forward is so obvious that surely even a child could understand it.
You know what is WONDERFUL about all of that? Nobody is going to be condemned for believing either way.

Moves
01 May 21

@rajk999 said
You know what is WONDERFUL about all of that? Nobody is going to be condemned for believing either way.
Correct, but you try getting sonship to admit that refusing to accept and believe in his trinity doctrine will not in ANY way preclude a person from salvation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 May 21

@sonship said

Does the Son go away, disappear, obliterate, cease to BE ?

If I am stupid here and you're very confident that the obvious is clear to you, please tell me what happens to the Son after the "hand over". And what of His varied functions or offices once this "hand over" has taken place ?
You are not just stupid here, but stupid all over these forums. What happens to the Son after he hands over the Kingdom to God was stated clearly by Paul but you refuse to accept the bible and continue to place the teachings of Witness Lee above the bible.

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(1 Corinthians 15:28 KJV)

The Son is subject to the Father.

Apparently that is not good enough for you and you as usual need to ADD to the bible and what is worse you CONDEMN all others who do not subscribe to your adding and manipulating the biblical texts.