1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 17:35
    @divegeester said
    Ok look.
    You are God, you are spirit and without “form”.
    You create form.
    You need to enter the form you made.
    You become flesh and live among us.

It’s quite simple
    I understand the point. So when Christ was praying to God he was essentially praying to himself asking God to give him the glory. For example :

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
    (John 17:3-5 KJV)

So Jesus says:
    - God sent him
    - He glorified God
    - He is asking God to glorify Him in return
    - Jesus had this glory before the world existed.

Its mysterious ... 😀
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 17:54
    Divegeester,

You wrote -
    This means that ostensibly the father, the son and the Holy Spirit are the same entity, revealed in different ways.

You mentioned three "ways" - the father, the son and the Holy Spirit.
    That is a three - a "tri" of three different ways.

Could the ONE God be said to manifest Himself in "tri" ways above ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:021 edit
    @divegeester said
    Because I’m not using my phrase to worship God. I’m acknowledging that it is a metaphor to help you understand the dynamic of the godhead.

There are not really “offices” but I can’t think of a better way to try to explain it.
    If you can think of no better way then to invent the phrase "offices" why cannot others think of no better way then the phrase "triune God" to express this mysterious matter?

You had "tri" ways (three - father, son, Holy Spirit) to express the one God.

So why cannot Christians invent "Triune God" when "tri" ways are manifested of the ONE God at one time?

Ie Matthew 3:16,17 has at one time the "TRI" ways the ONE or (UNE) God is manifested.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:13
    @sonship said
    Divegeester,

You wrote -
    This means that ostensibly the father, the son and the Holy Spirit are the same entity, revealed in different ways.

You mentioned three "ways" - the father, the son and the Holy Spirit.
    That is a three - a "tri" of three different ways.

Could the ONE God be said to manifest Himself in "tri" ways above ?
    Trioffices I’m happy with.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:151 edit
    @sonship said
    If you can think of no better way then to invent the phrase "offices" why cannot others think of no better way then the phrase "triune God" be invented?
    My description, my metaphor “offices” is not a global erroneous doctrine impacting believers in it, their entire perception of the godhead and how people worship God.

Grow up. Be honest.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:192 edits
    @divegeester

Was the "tri" manifestations all in existence at one time in Matthew 2:16,17 ?

And was it God being manifested there "tri" ways or just offices manifested there?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:34
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Was the "tri" manifestations all in existence at one time in Matthew 2:16,17 ?

And was it God being manifested there "tri" ways or just offices manifested there?
    No.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 18:431 edit
    @divegeester said
    No.
    You believe that Christ is the Son of God?

God was manifested in the flesh (1 Tim. 3:16)

"God was manifest in the flesh," (KJV)

So why was not Jesus Christ "God ...manifested in the flesh" coming up out of the waters of baptism in Matthew 2:16,17 not a manifestation of God?

Why was that only a manifestation of an office when the Bible says the Son Jesus Christ is "God . . . manifested in the flesh" ?
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 19:35
    @Rajk999
    The Bible is the living word meaning it can change meaning and understanding at different times throughout our lifetime due to many reasons.

Gods understanding of his Truth is much different than ours and our ability to understand it.

We don’t know every detail from the past, present or future so I trust and believe in Gods word even if my brain doesn’t have the ability to understand it as written sometimes.
  10. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 19:51
    @Rajk999
    Your not one to answer any questions in return are you. Let’s hear your life wisdom without the baseless attacks, at least make an effort.

Are you wanting to try and understand one another or just make comments only someone like minded would agree with.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 19:52
    @mike69 said
    @Rajk999
    The Bible is the living word meaning it can change meaning and understanding at different times throughout our lifetime due to many reasons.

Gods understanding of his Truth is much different than ours and our ability to understand it.

We don’t know every detail from the past, present or future so I trust and believe in Gods word even if my brain doesn’t have the ability to understand it as written sometimes.
    Who asked you all of that?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 19:52
    @mike69 said
    @Rajk999
    Your not one to answer any questions in return are you. Let’s hear your life wisdom without the baseless attacks, at least make an effort.

Are you wanting to try and understand one another or just make comments only someone like minded would agree with.
    What question did you ask?
  13. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 20:02
    @Rajk999
    Above this a little was a comment when the Bible says two different things about who worships who.

Still dodging questions with a comment 🙂 weak.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 20:16
    @mike69 said
    @Rajk999
    Above this a little was a comment when the Bible says two different things about who worships who.

Still dodging questions with a comment 🙂 weak.
    I see no question. I guess it was of no importance.

I am happy to repeat mine if you like.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 21:23
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    God is ONE entity.

I did not see "ONE entity" exactly in the Bible like I didn't see "triune God" exactly either.

It is okay for you to express "ONE entity" [a phrase not found] but it is not okay
    for me to say "Triune God" [a phrase not found].
    As I said before but you seem intent on ignoring...my phrase isn’t a doctrine, yours is.

I’m pretty much done with discussing this with you, I find you to be dishonest and deaf. It’s a poor combination.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree