1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 19:121 edit
    @avalanchethecat said
    In fairness, the bible itself is man-made too.

How did Jesus arrange to have Himself born in Bethlehem according to the expected prophecy of Micah AND display so many traits that qualified Him to be that predicted Ruler of Israel out from eternity?

And do so without reaching for a man-made excuse that Micah 5:2 was written after the fact or that Matthew retrofitted prophecy and inserted it into the mouths of the scribes and priests under Herod's reign.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 20:12
    @sonship said

How did Jesus arrange to have Himself born in Bethlehem according to the expected prophecy of Micah AND display so many traits that qualified Him to be that predicted Ruler of Israel out from eternity?

And do so without reaching for a man-made excuse that Micah 5:2 was written after the fact or ...[text shortened]... retrofitted prophecy and inserted it into the mouths of the scribes and priests under Herod's reign.
    Oh please, don't get started on all that bunk. You already know the flaws in this particular 'prophecy' I'm sure, and I have no interest in leading you through them. By all means take the hook, line, sinker and pole, but please don't offer it to me, I have no appetite for it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 20:44
    @avalanchethecat

What a cowardly let down that turned out to be.

Work on your hit and run.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 21:03
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

What a cowardly let down that turned out to be.

Work on your hit and run.
    Why do you say 'cowardly'? Because I have no interest in debunking your favourite stories? You resort to insult because I choose not to ridicule the myths you hold so dear? Do you play the fool consciously, or is it just a habit you've fallen into?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 05:56
    @avalanchethecat said
    Why do you say 'cowardly'? Because I have no interest in debunking your favourite stories? You resort to insult because I choose not to ridicule the myths you hold so dear? Do you play the fool consciously, or is it just a habit you've fallen into?
    "Oh please don't get me started . . ." is just a bluff.
    Followed by argument from boredom.

And they are "my favorite stories" because the tell me the truth.
    I can't get it from your atheist worldview.

The New Testament is a collection of historical documents written by
    eye witnesses at a time when other eye witnesses were living to deny or confirm them.

This collection of historical documents also contains accounts of supernatural events which, key and vital ones were previously prophesied (supernaturally) that they would occur.

Generally, the Bible is a collection for 66 books authored over 1,500 years from
    forty different authors in mainly three languages on three continents. And I can (if you cannot) see an unmistakable unity of theme maintained somehow.

The forty authors are very diverse:
    A statesman,
    a military general,
    a priest,
    a governor,
    a shepherd and musician,
    a king,
    a sheep herder,
    a farmer of trees,
    a tax collector,
    a medical physician,
    an assistant to an evangelist,
    an evangelist,
    a fisherman,
    a scholar

There is quite a variety of walks of life represented by the authors of this library.
    I believe the book is God's speaking to mankind for sure.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:28
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    While you are suspicious of me for speaking of triune God I also am perplexed about you.
    I’m not “suspicious of you” in the slightest, I know exactly what you are.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:29
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    When did I see you confess Jesus as LORD ?
    Originally about 30 plus years ago, countless places on my life’s journey and dozens of times in this forum over the years.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:34
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Why is the Son of God bereft of His office of Son of God after the millennium?
    I asked you this once.

The answer is that the office of son will hand back all authority to the office of the father.

I’m not sure when or if the “millennium” has anything to do with it, and I don’t care frankly.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:36
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    And why if you have believed into Jesus do you have such revulsion at Christian brothers and sisters rejoicing in the redeeming blood of Jesus so as to sing about a fountain filled with blood washing away our guilty stains?
    There is no “revulsion” in me, you’re making it up. Again.

I challenge you on it because it is made up terminology which is directly in conflict with scriptural descriptions and metaphors. I.e. error.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:38
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    So while you say "I don't know about YOU sonship" I could say "I don't know about YOU either."
    I’m not sure what you are on about here.

Anyway, any more questions?

Please not how I answer yours, even though you dodge all my “checkmate” ones to you 🙂
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 14:541 edit
    @divegeester said
    I asked you this once.

The answer is that the office of son will hand back all authority to the office of the father.

I’m not sure when or if the “millennium” has anything to do with it, and I don’t care frankly.
    I asked you this once.

So you are saying that the Son of God will have no authority in eternity ?

How do you feel about Ephesians 1:21 which says Christ is raised "above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but also in that which is to come."

In what age will the Son no longer be "above all rule and authority and power and lordship" ?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 15:05
    @sonship said
    So you are saying that the Son of God will have no authority in eternity ?
    No I’m not saying that.

Perhaps if you ever took the time to read my posts when you asked me something, then I wouldn’t have to keep repeating myself over and over again.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 15:35
    @divegeester

Are you saying that the OFFICE of the Son will be, in some future age, without the authority described in this verse?

" . . . Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, Far above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but also in that which is to come;" (Eph. 1:20b,21)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 15:421 edit
    @divegeester said
    No I’m not saying that.

Perhaps if you ever took the time to read my posts when you asked me something, then I wouldn’t have to keep repeating myself over and over again.
    Divegeester,

Could you show me where the phrase "office of son" is in the Bible?

I didn't see "Trinity" or "four-in-one".
    But neither do I recall ever seeing "office of son".

Locate that for me if you would.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 15:522 edits
    @sonship said
    "Oh please don't get me started . . ." is just a bluff.
    Followed by argument from boredom.

And they are "my favorite stories" because the tell me the truth.
    I can't get it from your atheist worldview.

The New Testament is a collection of historical documents written by
    eye witnesses at a time when other eye witnesses were living to deny or confirm them ...[text shortened]... nted by the authors of this library.
    I believe the book is God's speaking to mankind for sure.
    You really can be an intolerable ass. You told me not a fortnight since that you believe your scripture was written by your god. Why then would I waste my time pointing out errors and nonsense in your stories? There is obviously nothing I could possibly say that you would entertain. Any argument on my part would simply be a platform from which you could pontificate to bewildering length in a manner I could hardly be expected to read, let alone allow any sense of. Do grow up. If you knew what you thought you knew, you would certainly not prattle on with such an astonishing lack of sense, reason and wisdom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree