1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 19:441 edit
    @caissad4

No such thing . If , somewhere in the universe , there is a god or gods I am certain it cannot be your manufactured god.

I came into the world and Jesus Christ was already here. I hardly manufactured Him or put words into His mouth.

I probably wouldn't concoct such character as Jesus even if I had the ability to do so.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 20:151 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Sonsip. I do not engage is discussions of a personal nature. If that is your thing then you are in the wrong chat forum.

Is that what you practiced when you wrote this on another thread ?

The lame-brains are easy to spot.

Looks like you mistook yourself for the person you wanna be.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 20:193 edits
    This thread "Who does Not believe this ?" was a hasty overflow of a discussion where I asked that I was seeking replies from believers in Christ, not from atheists or agnostics.

I failed to carry over that qualifier.

If you believe that you are saved and do not agree please indicate this for me.

I ask for a reply from those who believe that they are saved. I do not ask Atheists to weigh in. And I am not particularly interested in someone whose belief is so shrouded in obfuscation and uncertainty that they relish unintelligibility or secrecy in not being willing or able to pin-point where they ARE in relation to being saved.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 21:33
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

You seem to derive great pleasure from ignoring Christ, accepting the teachings of men, and learning how to justify the false teachings of your church. Its a Satanic activity, in which I have no interest.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

Is this merely a [i] "teaching of me ...[text shortened]... His glory, glory as of an only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality." (v. 14b) [/b]
    You are well aware of my position on matters like this. I believe that
    - Jesus Christ alone has the words of eternal life.
    - that keeping the commandments of Christ is the way to the kingdom of God

Therefore there is no requirement for me to interpret your quoted statement by John. I am happy to quote that Jesus said He was the Son of God.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 21:38
    @Rajk999

You are well aware of my position on matters like this.

Actually, I am not well aware of all your positions.
    I do wonder sometimes what they are.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 22:07
    @sonship said
    This thread "Who does Not believe this ?" was a hasty overflow of a discussion where I asked that I was seeking replies from believers in Christ, not from atheists or agnostics.

I failed to carry over that qualifier.

If you believe that you are saved and do not agree please indicate this for me.

I ask for a reply from those who believe that they are ...[text shortened]... crecy in not being willing or able to pin-point where they ARE in relation to being saved.
    In that case, I remove my previous comment.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 00:56
    @suzianne said
    I say No, of course not.

I feel you have spent an inordinate amount of time on this over the years, though, because like sonship, you also believe in a "three-in-one" God. You just like to take pains to claim you do not, merely because you call it by another name. That's still the only difference I see between the "Triune" God, and your "three offices" God. You just di ...[text shortened]...
    And yes, you may consider this an invitation to further delineate the differences as you see them.
    If I didn’t think that you were going to scuttle off I would debate you over this. But you will scuttle off because you never debate anything you just bleat, like you are in this post by you.

Sonship believes there are three distinct personalities in the godhead, I believe there is one. Punto.

Furthermore the BIG elephant in the room is not differences over the godhead it is that sonship believes that you are not saved if you don’t believe in the trinity. But you as usual choose to cast your focus not on this massive error but on creating a tangential argument about what I do or don’t believe about the godhead.

When it comes to actually debating sonship on his error you won’t do it, you won’t even address him directly. You’re a lightweight.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 00:56
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

You are well aware of my position on matters like this.

Actually, I am not well aware of all your positions.
    I do wonder sometimes what they are.
    Still not answering my question.

Still running away.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 07:23
    @sonship said
    @caissad4

No such thing . If , somewhere in the universe , there is a god or gods I am certain it cannot be your manufactured god.

I came into the world and Jesus Christ was already here. I hardly manufactured Him or put words into His mouth.

I probably wouldn't concoct such character as Jesus even if I had the ability to do so.
    You follow something manufactured by someone else . You lack the intellectual ability to concoct such a silly story . You have a belief , nothing more . Whatever you choose to call it, it is only strongly held belief . No evidence , just belief .
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 10:171 edit
    @caissad4

You follow something manufactured by someone else .

No, You are following something manufactured by someone else.
    You are following a conspiracy theory of the human invention of Jesus.

You lack the intellectual ability to concoct such a silly story .

No, You lack something to appreciate the gravity of the Son of God. You need to convince yourself of its "silliness" to shield you conscience from the seriousness of your alienation from God.

That is a state you may prefer. No one likes to think of themselves as accountable to God or in need of reconciliation to God. The dismissal of "silliness" is your defense mechanism.

You have a belief , nothing more .

Let me know when it is suppose to hit my like a lightning bolt or "realism" that Christ is not God manifest in the flesh. People like you seem to waiting for me to kind of "wake up" to some imagined ton of bricks of "realism".

Christ has been tested in my life and passed every test. It is not an untested belief. Neither in me nor in millions before me. If faith in His presence has not withered by now I have confidence His veracity will still stand any future test.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 10:232 edits
    caissad4,

Whatever you choose to call it, it is only strongly held belief . No evidence , just belief .

I think I questioned you before about the first century evidence involving thousands of Jews in Jerusalem suddenly switching from one long held tradition to something else. Ie. dropping the seventh day Sabbath as their most sacred day to the first day of the week - "the Lord's day" when they celebrated the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

Other then some "What if" hypotheticals, I don't recall you or anyone proposing a more plausible explanation. They thought, for sure, that a couple thousand years of tradition had been suddenly superseded by a miraculous event of even greater importance then the seventh day Sabbath keeping.

Take another shot at why within a few weeks thousands of Jerusalem Jews all of a sudden began recognize their most sacred day as not the seventh day but a day of the week on which Jesus of Nazareth's tomb was empty and his disciples believed that they saw Him.

Paul's letter to the Corinthians, in chapter 15, asserts that there were 500 witnesses of which many were still alive, who could vouch for or against Jesus having appeared to them alive after His death.

Wishing this evidence away as "silly" isn't enough for me.
    And you can explain why a fierce persecutor of the Christian community became an author of some 13 of the 27 books of their New Testament.

What happened to him ? You have his autobiographical letter of Second Corinthians. Was this former trained rabbi now mad?

He went from a thoroughly dedicated opponent, of the Christians obsessed with their suppression to their most zealous herald and apostle at the cost of everything, and eventually his head.

You at least have to explain why HE so thought to joined them now who believed that Christ was alive.

Its not silly. And we need to hear your alternative explanation of what happened to Saul of Tarsus.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 12:03
    @sonship said

I failed
    [/quote]
    We know
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 12:15
    @Kegge

We know

Sure, it is good to be a man of few words Kregge.

But then again, maybe you're just unsure that you can make much of a case of anything.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 12:261 edit
    @divegeester

Incidentally sonship,

Why are you calling kingdavid a “brother”? he doesn’t believe in the trinity and therefore, according to you he cannot be saved.

I think that if He believes in God it could be shown that he believes that the Father is God - the Son is God -and the Holy Spirit is God.

Good enough - the unique triune God.

YOU do your best to avoid answering questions about the Father being God, the Son being God, and the Spirit being God.

Your silence is suspect.

Let's try it again.
    Which one is not God - the Father - the Son - or the Holy Spirit?

Which one of the Divine "We" of the Father and the Son in John 14:23 is not God?

Don't say anything - right ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 12:511 edit
    KingDavid?

Is God unique ?

Is the Father unique ?
    Is the Son unique ?
    Is the Holy Spirit unique ?

Is God unique and all Three of the Father and the Son and the Spirit unique ?

Then is there not a unique three-one God?

If not which ones of the three ________s in the Godhead is not unique ?

" ... We will come to Him and make an abode with him. " (John 14:23)

" ... even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us ..." (John 17:21)

" You have given them to Me, that they may be one even as We are one ..." (John 17:22)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree