1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 17:292 edits
    @divegeester said
    Me.

You should be asking if a belief in a trinity rather than a oneness, is essential for salvation.

I will put serious money on their being no one. Including you by the way.
    Exactly. There is not one word in God's Holy Word about a trinity. There are dozens of scriptures that speak of God's oneness. The trinity theory did not come about until a couple hundred years after Christ's death and resurrection. Period.
    Does, this matter for salvation? I hardly think so. Either belief brings salvation. God says so in John 3:16.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 17:35
    @sonship said
    Just give me a simple clear answer:

... that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man;

Who definitely does not believe this sentence ?
    I believe that "the Triune God" and Jesus' divinity were convoluted doctrines generated in the decades and centuries after he was executed by the Romans for sedition by people seeking to create a cult-of-personality-based religion as a breakaway from Judaism, but I think it's OK if people buy into it and thereby find purpose and solace in life.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 17:38
    @sonship

You wouldn't be compiling a prayer list, would you?

If so, please leave me off from it. I've got this.

Thank you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 19:041 edit
    @sonship said
    @sonship

Which one is not God -
    the Father? -
    the Son? -
    the Holy Spirit?

Which one ?

Divetgeester, should I assume then that your belief is that all three there are God?

The Father - God.
    The Son - God.
    The Holy Spirit - God.

Should I make that assumption?
    Or should I wait for you to indicate which of the three is not God ?
    In that case I would expect you, if you are a monotheist, to eliminate TWO.

Your answer ?
    Patience, patience dear fellow. I am at work all day and have long periods when I cannot slink off for a coffee and RHP.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you don’t know what I believe? You are either hopelessly mentally incapacitated or a liar.

Anyway; I believe that ther is one God, who is one entity, one spirit, one person.

This spirit person has to enter the world in a physical form so he himself came as a man, born as a son with human limitations physically, mentally and spiritually. He had to be able to die, which god as a spirit cannot. He needed to draw strength from god the same way we have to. He therefore needed to pray etc.

“When you have seen me you have seen the father. I and the father are one. Before Abraham was I am.“

For unto us a child is given and his name shall be called “Everlasting Father”. The “son” shall be called the “father” because they are the same person manifested in different ways.

Hear oh Israel the lord your god is ONE. Not triune.

Pretty much straight forward in my opinion.

FMF (as I know this for sure), is a father, a son and a brother. His name (singular - that is important ) is still FMF even through some my call him “Father” others “son” and others “brother”. He is the same entity. There is only one FMF.

How does god do this, why is it confusing to the natural mind? Well it is explained in the NT as “the mystery of God in Christ”. It’s a mystery sonship, stop trying to solve the mystery with a man made formula called the trinity.

So you ask what do I believe. I believe that despite whatever is manifest, there is only one person in the godhead and that person, that persona is perfectly imaged in the flesh as Jesus Christ.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 19:08
    @divegeester said
    Patience, patience dear fellow. I am at work all day and have long periods when I cannot slink off for a coffee and RHP.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you don’t know what I believe? You are either hopelessly mentally incapacitated or a liar.

Anyway; I believe that ther is one God, who is one entity, one spirit, one person.

This spirit person has to e ...[text shortened]... erson in the godhead and that person, that persona is perfectly imaged in the flesh as Jesus Christ.
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ 😍
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 19:141 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ 😍
    I made a sincere effort to explain (again) what I believe. I’ve used scripture from old and new testaments and analogies to paint what I think is a pretty good case for explaining and justifying a oneness of god, rather than a threeness of god.

And what do you do king David...you mock.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 19:191 edit
    The elephant in the room with all this is that sonship’s church teaches that a person must believe in the trinity as a prerequisite for salvation.

Now that’s a big porky isn’t it...
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 20:26
    @divegeester said
    The elephant in the room with all this is that sonship’s church teaches that a person must believe in the trinity as a prerequisite for salvation.

Now that’s a big porky isn’t it...
    Actually, I think you are the elephant in the room and you are just waiting for some blind men to come along and examine you.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 22:28

Removed by poster

10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 23:056 edits
    @divegeester said
    I made a sincere effort to explain (again) what I believe. I’ve used scripture from old and new testaments and analogies to paint what I think is a pretty good case for explaining and justifying a oneness of god, rather than a threeness of god.

No, I agree with you 100 percent; and no, I am not mocking you in anyway. I am a oneness believer who has had many battles with leaderships of trinity churches, and the leadership of my own Christian University that I graduated from, for the very reasons that you discussed above.
    [John 14:8-11 NKJV] 8 "Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority]; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 "Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 06:35
    @kingdavid403 said
    No, I agree with you 100 percent; and no, I am not mocking you in anyway. I am a oneness believer who has had many battles with leaderships of trinity churches, and the leadership of my own Christian University that I graduated from, for the very reasons that you discussed above.
    [John 14:8-11 NKJV] 8 "Philip said to H ...[text shortened]... I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."
    I should have read your previous post and I would have realised. So I apologise for my forum filter being so infected with the usual type of responses that I misunderstood you and I thank you for stating your case.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 06:37
    @caesar-salad said
    Actually, I think you are the elephant in the room and you are just waiting for some blind men to come along and examine you.

Caesar Salad said:

Right, okay.
  13. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 11:181 edit
    @Rajk999
    Don't you recognise that there's a Father, Son and the Holy Ghost?
    Don't you recognise that's three subjects?
    Don't you know that three subjects make a trinity?
    Don't you know that the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost is a Trinity?
    Does that help?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 11:44
    @pawnpaw said
    @Rajk999
    Don't you recognise that there's a Father, Son and the Holy Ghost?
    Don't you recognise that's three subjects?
    Don't you know that three subjects make a trinity?
    Don't you know that the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost is a Trinity?
    Does that help?
    I can't speak for Rajk999 (although I could guess his response), but your post has to be the shallowest effort at justifying a three person godhead that I've ever seen.

Did you read my explanation of a oneness godhead further back?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:57
    @Rajk999

You seem to derive great pleasure from ignoring Christ, accepting the teachings of men, and learning how to justify the false teachings of your church. Its a Satanic activity, in which I have no interest.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

Is this merely a "teaching of men?"

Is it a teaching as a result of Satanic activity?

Is it the pet private doctrine of "my church"?

Now I believe that it is the word of God.
    And I believe it plainly tells us that the Son of God is God.

The Word was with God, and the Word was God. And in verse 14 - "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us."

And again in chapter one -

No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him." (v.18)

The Word was God. The Word incarnated. The Word became flesh and was God's tabernacle among us. The Word is the Son of God who defined God, declared God, manifested God.

" ... ( and we behold His glory, glory as of an only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality." (v. 14b)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree