1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 04:028 edits
    @KingDavid403

[John 14:9 NKJV] 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Thankyou for pointing out to me the familiar passage.

And may times it is not just a matter of what is written.
    It is a matter of again, what also is written.

You see nothing I explained about John 14:23 made me ask you therefore not to believe John 14:9.

How about I receive them both?
    How about I trust God who has spoken both passages?

Show me in scripture where Jesus or any of the Apostles said that there is a triune God?

I asked you to show me an angel dwelling in man.
    I am going to assume that you know no such teaching exists, for now, until you produce the evidence.

Now as to your question to me about "triune God". There is no passage in which the phrase "triune God' is used in the whole Bible.

There is also no passage that I can think of which uses the word "substitution." Yet the truth of "substitution" is evident in Scripture. Christ died in "substitution" of us when we believe into Him.

The revelation is there. The exact word used by Christian teachers is not there.

"Rapture" I do not believe is a word one could find in the Bible.
    The truth of a rapture event or more is there, though the exact word cannot be located.

and that one must believe that to be saved? You are adding to scripture something that is not there; simple as that. God is one. Gods Holy Word says so. Simple as that.

Well, by exhorting me that "God is one" aren't you adding something to my utterance that I never denied ? The challenge was out for you to find me anywhere in the last twelve years here writing that there are "three Gods."

So when you exhort me that there is "one God" I would give a hearty Amen to that truth. But I also would not to suppress that the one God spoke of Himself as "We" and "Us".

How about with equal trust and enthusiasm I accept all that God has revealed to me?

Now as to your question, where is the requirement to believe in the triune God in order to be saved:

If you believe that the Father is God and the Son is God then concerning the one God you must admit that to have One is to have the other. And to deny one is to deny the other.

"Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who confesses the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:23)

I would draw your attention to the two words "EITHER" and "ALSO".

"Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father ... EITHER;
    he who confesses the Son has the Father ... ALSO."

This gives me the ground to say (though the word is not used) one believes in the triune God has God and is saved.

Now if someone protests and says " But I don't believe that the Father and the Son are two separate Gods !! "

I would respond - "Neither do I".

If someone protests and says " But I believe that my Bible emphatically teaches that there is ONE God." .

I would say - "Amen! I believe that also. My Bible says the same."
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 04:561 edit
    @sonship said
    @KingDavid403

[John 14:9 NKJV] 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Thankyou for pointing out to me the familiar passage.

And may times it is not just a matter of what is written.
    It is a matter of again, what also ...[text shortened]... s ONE God." [/i] .

I would say - "Amen! I believe that also. My Bible says the same."
    I asked you to show me an angel dwelling in man.
    I am going to assume that you know no such teaching exists, for now, until you produce the evidence.

Again another lie. I never said that an angel dwells in a man. That is your lie from the pit of hell; And, you know it...
    Now, however, we know that Judas was entered by the fallen angel Satan. We know that Jesus and the apostles cast many demons out of people. Jesus also sent thousands of demons into a heard of swine.
    Below, we have where balaam's donkey or ass talked to blaam; all because an angel of the Lord being there. Can,t say whether the angel entered him or not; but the angel of the Lord clearly allow the donkey to speak to blaam.
    [Numbers 22:27-30, 32 RSV] 27 When the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she lay down under Balaam; and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he struck the ass with his staff. 28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?" 29 And Balaam said to the ass, "Because you have made sport of me. I wish I had a sword in my hand, for then I would kill you." 30 And the ass said to Balaam, "Am I not your ass, upon which you have ridden all your life long to this day? Was I ever accustomed to do so to you?" And he said, "No." ... 32 And the angel of the LORD said to him, "Why have you struck your ass these three times? Behold, I have come forth to withstand you, because your way is perverse before me;
    etc.
    "Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father ... EITHER;
    he who confesses the Son has the Father ... ALSO."

Sorry, I never denied the Son; and, I clearly know that Jesus was fully the Son of God while on this earth in the flesh. Now He is back to being God the Father, God the Son, and God His Holy Spirit.
    You have no knowledge of the oneness of God (which is proven scripture) because you're to busy trying to defend the unproven trinity theory. Maybe talk with a Christian Jew on the subject of God's oneness. Currently, You're nothing but the lying blind leading the lying blind,
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 11:20
    @kingdavid403 said
    [b]And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's s ...[text shortened]... bodies. I was referring to the renewing of ones mind and spirit until then; which is in Scripture.
    Renewing of the mind and spirit is NOT regeneration. Jesus described clearly what regeneration is about.
    - It takes place at His return
    - The regenerated person can move like the wind and is a spirit person.

Paul also referred to it as putting away this corruptible body and getting a new incorruptible one like Christ. This process has not happened yet. Churches like to fool themselves and take what is not theirs yet.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 12:283 edits
    @KingDavid403

Again another lie. I never said that an angel dwells in a man. That is your lie from the pit of hell; And, you know it...
    Now, however, we know that Judas was entered by the fallen angel Satan. We know that Jesus and the apostles cast many demons out of people. Jesus also sent thousands of demons into a heard of swine.

Now hold on KingDavid403. This is my honest appraisal of how our exchange developed. There is no lying. There may be a misunderstanding on my part. Correct me if I made a mistake.

1.) I pointed to a divine "We" in the New Testament - John 14:23.

2.) I emphasized that both in the "We" are God - the Father and the Son.

3.) I thought that you affirmed that God and one of the angels in Scripture could ALSO be considered the referent of "We".

Did I misunderstand you on this point ?

4.) Based on this understanding I stressed to you that not in John 14:23 can we say any angel is mentioned in the "We" there. Rather, by dissecting the verse no one can deny that the "We" there is Jesus and His Father.

It is not God plus any angel.

5.) Here is where I think you blew up. When you further challenged me about something, before going on to another interrogation I pointed out that no passage was submitted by YOU that an angel of God EVER comes to live in man.

Without re-reading the posts through, this is how I think we arrived here.

Before resorting to the accusation of lying from the pit of hell, could you please show me above if I have misunderstood the evolving of the exchanges ?

Did I misunderstand you to suggest that "We" in John 14:23 conceivably could refer to God and an angel of God ??
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 12:491 edit
    KIngDavid403,

I wait to see if I misunderstood you about God plus an angel in John 14:23. If I failed to understand your point, I apologize.

Correct me if I misunderstood you.

Now you have something interesting here which I would reply to.
    It concerns ANY passage in which an ANGEL comes into a man.

You wrote:

Okay. The point is taken that the Bible DOES show the fallen angel Satan entering into Judas. I have to agree - THERE a fallen angel who became Satan is specifically said to enter into Judas who betrayed the Son of God.

However, I am sure that you do not think that in John 14:23 Jesus was referring to Him and Satan coming to make an abode with His lovers.

(This is based on my understanding of your proposal of "We" conceivably being God and an angel.)

And since it is so emphatically clear that in that verse it is the Father and the Son who compose the divine "We" who will come to the lover of Jesus to make an abode with him, ALL angels are disqualified.

Now, as to the demons entering into the swine:

It would take some time for me to show you that demons are unclean spirits, true. But they are not the fallen angels. They are another class of beings.

However, whether they are or not, John 14:23 could HARDLY be about Jesus and demons coming to make an abode with the lovers of Jesus.

It could ONLY be Jesus and His Father coming to make an abode with the lovers of Jesus. Am I right?

"Jesus answered and said,

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

1.) "We" should not be Jesus and an angel.
    2.) "We" should not be Jesus and demons.
    3.) "We" should not be Jesus and Satan.

Am I right ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree