1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 11:36
    @divegeester said
    The more I think of it the more revealing of sonship’s spirit this quote by him is.

Here is a man who claims to be becoming more like Jesus and of having Jesus flowing through him, and yet when under pressure in an online chat room, where one has the luxury of pausing and considering before posting, he comes out with stuff like this.

Think about what is going on h ...[text shortened]... him sent to eternal suffering. Because he disagrees with him in a forum chat room.

Astonishing.
    Astonishing indeed. Quite likely he is praying for my death as well 😀
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 12:15
    @rajk999 said
    That is weird and completely abnormal Christian behavior. But sonship is in a cult and not a normal Christian. Personally I would treat that like the wind blowing, and just ignore him.
    I am well aware of the "wind blowing" aspect to a lot of what he says. He likes to characterize that awareness or viewpoint as "apathy" on my part; which is spin belied by my 60,000+ posts industriousness and stamina! However, it's more interesting to me to question his behaviour in instances like this rather than ignore it. He is, after all, the only Christian here who claims to be "becoming like Jesus".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 12:27
    @secondson said
    Given your penchant for mischaracterizing the intent of your debate opponents words, and without providing appropriate content to support your contention, I'd say this thread and its purpose is "normal" for you.
    So you think me starting this thread is a worse kind of discourse than sonship offering to pray to speed up my death?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 13:29
    @divegeester said
    Here you go:

@sonship said:
    Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?

This link will take you directly to the actual post:
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-wrath-of-god-being-displayed.183002/page-5#post_4122623
    And as I described it above:

No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not.

That is what I offered. Go back and read it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 14:27
    @sonship said

No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not.

Is offering to pray for the speeding up of my death, to your way of thinking, normal, Christian discourse?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 16:21
    @sonship said

You offered to pray for the death of FMF that he might hasten towards an experience the wrath of your version of God. Not that he might come to understand that the bible is true.

Although I can see why you are attempting to spin it this way, because to be seen to be offering to pray for someone to fall into judgement doesn’t reflect well on your persona here. Does it?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 20:554 edits
    @fmf said
    Is offering to pray for the speeding up of my death, to your way of thinking, normal, Christian discourse?
    On the contrary, I think more than 95% of what you offer here is the normal, Christian discourse of a believer.

You're asking if what I wrote is in the less then 5% that you regard as not normal? You seemed practically to be unnecessary to inquire.

Look above what I replied to Suzziane's post or one word ... "No".

And I would agree with Suzziane that it was not too normal for Christian discourse with an unbeliever.

By the way. You wrote:

sonship recently offered several times to pray [along with some of his prayer group friends] to expedite/speed up my death when I refused to speculate about whether my intelligence was the reason for me not believing the same things as he does.

Could you enumerate the "several times"? That would be six times.

And if I recall rightly, on that thread I abruptly dropped the whole matter by saying something like "Nevermind".

In other words the whole tangent was to my estimation a bad idea.

Ah. Here it is.

Nevermind FMF.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:01
    @sonship said
    And if I recall rightly, on that thread I abruptly dropped the whole matter by saying something like "Nevermind".

In other words the whole tangent was to my estimation a bad idea.

Ah. Here it is.

Nevermind FMF.
    Did typing "Nevermind" mean you DID or DIDN'T think you were engaging in normal, Christian discourse?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:041 edit
    @FMF

Did typing "Nevermind" mean you DID or DIDN'T think you were engaging in normal, Christian discourse?

It meant as I just said. The tangent was a bad idea.
    That would come down on the abnormal side of a believer conversing with an unbeliever.

Bad idea = abnormal = not normal = certainly not average.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:05
    @sonship said
    On the contrary, I think more than 95% of what you offer here is the normal, Christian discourse of a believer.

You're asking if what I wrote is in the less then 5% that you regard as not normal?
    The statement "I think more than 95% of what you offer here is the normal, Christian discourse of a believer" is not me asking anything. It's a statement. What it means is that, as far as I am concerned, when you say "I don't think FMF thinks there is such a thing as normal discourse of a believer", I think it is a bald-faced lie on your part.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:07
    @FMF

You replied to my post about Suzziane. So you already read my agreement with her that it was not normal.

Is it normal discourse for an agnostic / atheist to know how someone feels and yet repeat the question to him anyway?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:08
    @sonship said
    It meant as I just said. The tangent was a bad idea.
    That would come down on the abnormal side of a believer conversing with an unbeliever.

Bad idea = abnormal = not normal = certainly not average.
    Do you mean it was un-Christian of you?

If so, why were you trying to make excuses for it on page 1 of this thread?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:09
    @sonship said
    Is it normal discourse for an agnostic / atheist to know how someone feels and yet repeat the question to him anyway?
    It is normal to press someone if they are wriggling pridefully in the way you are.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:11
    @sonship said
    The tangent was a bad idea.
    Do you believe it was "Satan" who gave you the "bad idea"?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:143 edits
    @fmf said
    It is normal to press someone if they are wriggling pridefully in the way you are.
    That's interesting. You spoke of 60,000 some posts.
    A lot of them on this Spirituality Forum seemed to me prideful wriggling of an agnostic athiest.

Watch.

If there is no absolute moral standard then how can you condemn as bad "un-Christian" behavior?

The condemning of bad "un-Christian" behavior would be no more than someone's personal taste.

Wriggle for us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree