1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:24
    @sonship said
    But I don't think FMF thinks there is such a thing as "normal" discourse of a believer. He is an Agnostic/ Atheist for whom discourse about the "god figure" is not normal to begin with.
    I have been an active participant here for over ten years discussing the beliefs attached to the various versions of God that people promote and there have been millions and millions of words of "normal discourse", many, many of them contributed by me.

It struck me that you offering to pray to expedite my death - as a 'debating point' - was not "normal" Christian discourse. No one, including me, has ever said anything remotely like that to you. Maybe some Christians will come to this thread to express endorsement of your behaviour.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:29
    @sonship said
    No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not. That is what I offered. Go back and read it.
    I have been back to read it. You were frustrated by my refusal to play along with your rhetorical gimmick about my "intelligence" and its supposed role in my "deception" i.e not having the same beliefs as you. If you think it was normal. Christian discourse, so be it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:31
    @sonship said
    I don't think FMF thinks there is such a thing as "normal" discourse of a believer.
    On the contrary, I think more than 95% of what you offer here is the normal, Christian discourse of a believer.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:00
    @kellyjay said
    Proverbs 24
    Do not rejoice when your enemy falls
    Just ignore them on a forum board.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:24
    @fmf said
    sonship recently offered several times to pray [along with some of his prayer group friends] to expedite/speed up my death when I refused to speculate about whether my intelligence was the reason for me not believing the same things as he does.

Is this normal, Christian discourse?
    Given your penchant for mischaracterizing the intent of your debate opponents words, and without providing appropriate content to support your contention, I'd say this thread and its purpose is "normal" for you.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:33
    @divegeester said
    Proverbs 24:17,18
    Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
    Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Apparently God forgot to add that last part to His Word. Thanks geester.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:541 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    But you are still not willing to provide documentation?

And please don't send "quotations", which might be falsified. Send links, so we can see the quotations in context.
    Here you go:

@sonship said:
    Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?

This link will take you directly to the actual post:
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-wrath-of-god-being-displayed.183002/page-5#post_4122623
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:56
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not.
    That is what I offered. Go back and read it.
    What you said is posted above.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:581 edit
    @secondson said
    Proverbs 24:17,18
    Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
    Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Apparently God forgot to add that last part to His Word. Thanks geester.
    So you claim that it is an edict of God to ignore the likes of me, people who challenge your nasty attitudes and beliefs, and yet you prefer to to ignore God and engage with me anyway?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 10:58
    @secondson said
    Given your penchant for mischaracterizing the intent of your debate opponents words, and without providing appropriate content to support your contention, I'd say this thread and its purpose is "normal" for you.
    I’ve found the post for you, would you like to comment on it?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 11:00
    @sonship said:
    Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?

You really are quite a nasty piece of work aren’t you sonship.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 11:03
    @secondson said
    If you believe what sonship said was normal, Christian discourse, feel free to say so.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 11:091 edit
    The more I think of it the more revealing of sonship’s spirit this quote by him is.

Here is a man who claims to be becoming more like Jesus and of having Jesus flowing through him, and yet when under pressure in an online chat room, where one has the luxury of pausing and considering before posting, he comes out with stuff like this.

Think about what is going on here...a Christian is passively threatening to take another poster’s life to the Lord in a prayer group to have the Lord intervene and hold this person immediately accountable in eternity with all that he believe that entails.

In short he is threatening FMF with having him sent to eternal suffering. Because he disagrees with him in a forum chat room.

Astonishing.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 11:34
    @fmf said
    sonship recently offered several times to pray [along with some of his prayer group friends] to expedite/speed up my death when I refused to speculate about whether my intelligence was the reason for me not believing the same things as he does.

Is this normal, Christian discourse?
    That is weird and completely abnormal Christian behavior. But sonship is in a cult and not a normal Christian. Personally I would treat that like the wind blowing, and just ignore him. God hears the prayers of the righteous and His face is turned away from the wicked. So if indeed he did pray for your death then God would certainly be laughing at him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree