1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:53
    sonship recently offered several times to pray [along with some of his prayer group friends] to expedite/speed up my death when I refused to speculate about whether my intelligence was the reason for me not believing the same things as he does.

Is this normal, Christian discourse?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:58
    Eladar, several times, talked about praying for U.S. Senator John McCain's death a year or two prior to McCain's passing in August last year. It seemed harsh to me, but could it be justified in terms of Christian faith-in-action?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:58
    @fmf said
    sonship recently offered several times to pray [along with some of his prayer group friends] to expedite/speed up my death when I refused to speculate about whether my intelligence was the reason for me not believing the same things as he does.

It's an interesting assertion to make, and also interesting that you have not copy-pasted any backup documentation.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:59
    @caesar-salad said
    It's an interesting assertion to make, and also interesting that you have not copy-pasted any backup documentation.
    It doesn't matter to me if you don't believe it.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 02:00
    @fmf said
    Okay.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 02:54
    @fmf said

Proverbs 24
    Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
    and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
    lest the Lord see it and be displeased,
    and turn away his anger from him.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 03:46
    @fmf said

Is this normal Christian discourse?
    No.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 03:47
    @fmf said
    Eladar, several times, talked about praying for U.S. Senator John McCain's death a year or two prior to McCain's passing in August last year. It seemed harsh to me, but could it be justified in terms of Christian faith-in-action?
    And no.
  9. Standard membercoastguardmedic
    Coastguardmedic
    Tennessee
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 05:43
    @FMF
    No, it's not normal.....
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 06:071 edit
    @fmf said
    But you are still not willing to provide documentation?

And please don't send "quotations", which might be falsified. Send links, so we can see the quotations in context.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 06:401 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    But you are still not willing to provide documentation?
    That's right.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:10
    @FMF

No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not.

That is what I offered. Go back and read it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:17
    And I would agree with Suzziane that it was not too normal for Christian discourse with an unbeliever.

But I don't think FMF thinks there is such a thing as "normal" discourse of a believer. He is an Agnostic/ Atheist for whom discourse about the "god figure" is not normal to begin with.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:18
    @sonship said
    No I offered to pray to expedite your going to that realm of death to find out if the bible is true or not.
    It seems that no other Christians have piped up yet to say that they think it is normal Christian discourse on your part.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 09:20
    @sonship said
    And I would agree with Suzziane that it was not too normal for Christian discourse with an unbeliever.
    Three times you offered to pray to speed up my death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree