What Do You Believe?

What Do You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Simple, lets go ask a child to explain it. If they fail, you are clearly wrong. How much are you going to bet that the child manages to explain it?

[b]But my own children (early in their lives) were able to understand how these two 'concepts' work together as a whole, so I think it's actually because this isn't difficult to understand that many adults ...[text shortened]... annot be communicated to others? If so, how are we to know whether they do really understand it?
If they did understand it then please ask them for the explanation, and post it here so we can all come to understand it too.

Seriously? You want me to get my kids involved in this?

They are all adults now and have lives of their own. And I'm often surprised whenever they talk about what they learned as little tots... surprised because they didn't forget what I had told them. So maybe your kids can't understand anything even after you've explained it to them, but the same certainly can't be said about mine.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
What Do You Believe? 5) I believe that some people have complained about other people and places and things ever since the beginning of time when Cain complained about his brother Abel's offering to God and subsequently killed him (as recorded in Genesis 4:4-8). Here are nine passages from the Word of God which support this belief which is also supp ...[text shortened]... nic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice."
One Thumbs Down obviously representing an unspoken complaint: the "nine passages" rest their case.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
17 Jul 15
2 edits

One Thumbs Down obviously representing an unspoken complaint: the "nine passages" rest their case..
The reason you get "thumbs down" is that a lot of people see this stuff you post for what it is; you having yet another passive aggressive jibe at the posters in this forum whom you don't get along with. You do this repeatedly, get called on it repeatedly and yet like a "dog returning to its vomit", you do it again and again and again.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
Seriously? You want me to get my kids involved in this?
No, not really, but you brought them into it.

They are all adults now and have lives of their own.
So we really have no way of verifying your claim, do we?

And I'm often surprised whenever they talk about what they learned as little tots... surprised because they didn't forget what I had told them.
Remembering doesn't equate to understanding. I can remember stuff too if I want to.

The situation is this: you and grampy have claimed that children can understand certain things better than adults. You have no way to prove this or even provide evidence of this.
You and grampy have also claimed that the things they can understand are 'simple' yet for some reason you and I have difficulty understanding them - to the point that neither of you understands it well enough to even attempt an explanation. You would rather spend all day making ridiculous claims about what children can or cannot understand.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
The reason you get "thumbs down" is that a lot of people see this stuff you post for what it is; you having yet another passive aggressive jibe at the posters in this forum whom you don't get along with. You do this repeatedly, get called on it repeatedly and yet like a "dog returning to its vomit", you do it again and again and again.
"The reason you get "thumbs down" is that a lot of people see this stuff you post for what it is; you having yet another passive aggressive jibe at the posters in this forum whom you don't get along with..."

What Do You Believe? "5) I believe that some people have complained about other people and places and things ever since the beginning of time when Cain complained about his brother Abel's offering to God and subsequently killed him (as recorded in Genesis 4:4-8). Here are nine passages from the Word of God which support this belief which is also supported by people who still complain today..."

This Thumbs Down is given to "nine passages from the Word of God": Whoever gave it has issues with God not with you or me.....

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

No, not really, but you brought them into it.

[b]They are all adults now and have lives of their own.

So we really have no way of verifying your claim, do we?

And I'm often surprised whenever they talk about what they learned as little tots... surprised because they didn't forget what I had told them.
Remembering doesn't equate to unde ...[text shortened]... ould rather spend all day making ridiculous claims about what children can or cannot understand.[/b]
The situation is this: you and grampy have claimed that children can understand certain things better than adults.

You've already verified how they can understand certain things better when you equated knowing with a presumption of knowing. You have a theory (about my kids) not based on any observable evidence (how would you know?) and presented it here as though it was something you do know. But you don't know because you weren't there, so obviously your 'facts' about my children are based entirely on speculation.

Guessing is not the same as knowing... but I probably shouldn't expect you to believe a child would be able understand this difference when you apparently don't. But it doesn't make any sense that you wouldn't know, because how could anyone with a science background (or even just a modicum of common sense) not know the difference?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

The situation is this: you and grampy have claimed that children can understand certain things better than adults.

You've already verified how they can understand certain things better when you equated knowing with a presumption of knowing. You have a theory (about my kids) not based on any observable evidence (how would you know?) and prese ...[text shortened]... yone with a science background (or even just a modicum of common sense) not know the difference?[/b]
"The situation is this: you and grampy have claimed that children can understand certain things better than adults. You have no way to prove this or even provide evidence of this.
You and grampy have also claimed that the things they can understand are 'simple' yet for some reason you and I have difficulty understanding them - to the point that neither of you understands it well enough to even attempt an explanation. You would rather spend all day making ridiculous claims about what children can or cannot understand."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 2)
"Paul and Silas are imprisoned at the time their Jailer is converted: "And they said, 'believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, you and your household [your family members if they also believe in the Lord Jesus Christ]." (Acts 16:31) An individual's decision in a moment of time to accept God's grace gift of salvation and eternal life represents the simplicity of God's perfect plan of reconciliation for mankind. So simple a child can understand. Much too simple for the intellects of some adults to accept.

1 John 3:14-18 references some of the fruits of the spirit that become evident in the daily lives of maturing believers in Christ in contrast to believers in Christ who choose to remain infants during their lives on earth. Both groups of believers will be in heaven for eternity; one with rewards and privileges which the other forfeited due to incorrect priorities during their lives on earth."

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jul 15

You've already verified how they can understand certain things better when you equated knowing with a presumption of knowing. You have a theory (about my kids) not based on any observable evidence (how would you know?) and presented it here as though it was something you do know. But you don't know because you weren't there, so obviously your 'facts' abou ...[text shortened]... yone with a science background (or even just a modicum of common sense) not know the difference?
As usual, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired and you are claiming I have said things I have not said.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

This Thumbs Down is given to "nine passages from the Word of God": Whoever gave it has issues with God not with you or me.....
Despite your delusions of self-annointed grandeur, your posts in this forum are not "the Word of God".

The post in discussion is a list of scriptures you have collated in order to aim them at posters you don't like in this forum. Trying to portray this post of yours as "the Word of God" is toe-curling embarrassment.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
[b]IT IS NOT THE GOSPEL YOU BELIEVE BUT YOURSELF![/b]
Why do you delight in telling other Christians what they believe?

Don't you believe them?

Not a lot of love going on for your Christian brothers, there, man.

WHY do you respect atheists and yet disbelieve and distrust your Christian brothers?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
WHY do you respect atheists and yet disbelieve and distrust your Christian brothers?
Many of the Christians in this forum are intellectually dishonest. Most of the atheists are not. They remain Christians and atheists but your partisan approach to the forum precludes you from making this distinction even when it is blatant and in your face. Look at Hinds and the exchange about the 7 headed beast for example. Look at lemon limes behaviour and avoidance of topic. It's pathetic.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

As usual, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired and you are claiming I have said things I have not said.
Please continue...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

Despite your delusions of self-annointed grandeur, your posts in this forum are not "the Word of God".

The post in discussion is a list of scriptures you have collated in order to aim them at posters you don't like in this forum. Trying to portray this post of yours as "the Word of God" is toe-curling embarrassment.
"Please state your belief with a reference to an authoritative source in which you place your trust. Thanks." (OP)

If not "the Word of God", which "authoritative source" would you recommend be referenced in this spirituality forum?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jul 15

Many of the Christians in this forum are intellectually dishonest. Most of the atheists are not. They remain Christians and atheists but your partisan approach to the forum precludes you from making this distinction even when it is blatant and in your face. Look at Hinds and the exchange about the 7 headed beast for example. Look at lemon limes behaviour and avoidance of topic. It's pathetic.
I do not find them to be so. Perhaps you do because you seem to disagree with them so much. Perhaps Rajk does also because he disagrees with them so much. However, I do not, even when I disagree with them.

One might follow that this constitutes a character flaw within Rajk and yourself. One that makes you both go to extremes when interacting with these Christians in this forum. You call them all sorts of names, mainly immoral and evasive, especially when they disagree with you. And Rajk actually seems to think he's doing these Christians some huge favor by opposing them.

My conclusion is that the reason for this is that both you and Rajk do not belong to any mainstream Christian church. And so you fall (and fail) to your own understandings of current Christian thinking on these topics. One example of this in my own life is that I had fallen away from the Episcopalian church that I had attended in my youth, and had not attended church services (except for some very occasional visits to some Methodist churches) for many years. In the meantime, I had developed my own understanding of what Christians call the Rapture. It wasn't until I had eventually come back to my church and started attending regularly that I finally came to understand just what I had gotten wrong about my own understanding about it. And now I am almost fully back to understanding the pre-Tribulation Rapture concept and how there is more to it than I had originally come to believe on my own. So perhaps this is the connecting point between you and Rajk and why you both vehemently attack other Christians here. They are mainstream and you are not.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 15

A couple Bible passages come to mind here:

Paul - For there is no respect of persons with God. [

Jesus - Whosoever does the will of my Father the same is my mother, my sister, my brother.