What Do You Believe?

What Do You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 2)
[b]Personal Message to "divegeester Jul 13 2015 05:15"

"Note: I've returned to the public forums and will be resuming my chess games, on hold since June 18, two weeks from today. Thread 164794"

"Footnote: I haven't a clue why but the neuropathy discomfort from the partial paraly ...[text shortened]... reason, you didn't reply. If you had, I would have shared the "Footnote" details at that time."[/b]
What relevance do these posts which you have made in the public forum on your return from break, have with PMs we exchanged while you were on your break and in which you mentioned nothing of an illness - and therefore why do you feel it appropriate to imply in the public forum that I was uncaring about this illness in those PMs?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm more interested in why you felt the need to imply I was impervious to your somewhat transitory illness?
impervious?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
impervious?
Yes.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

Yes.
impervious to illness?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Jul 15

impervious to illness?
If I refused to discuss this with you, and only you, would you find that a little odd?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

If I refused to discuss this with you, and only you, would you find that a little odd?
Not at all. If I'm not willing to humor you then there's no reason for you to humor me. I'm a big believer in "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Jul 15

Not at all. If I'm not willing to humor you then there's no reason for you to humor me. I'm a big believer in "Do unto others [b]as you would have them do unto you."[/b]
Would you like to discuss Grampy Bobby's immediate passive aggressive return to form from his brief sabbatical?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jul 15
1 edit

What relevance do these posts which you have made in the public forum on your return from break, have with PMs we exchanged while you were on your break and in which you mentioned nothing of an illness - and therefore why do you feel it appropriate to imply in the public forum that I was uncaring about this illness in those PMs?
"Thanks for your interest in my medical wellbeing." (Page 5)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter
What Do You Believe?
I believe in one God and one Lord, Jesus Christ. I believe another name for God is Holy Spirit. I believe that at the new birth we receive the gift of holy spirit which is God's gift to the believer.
This one gift has nine manifestations, speaking in tongues, interpretation, prophecy, etc.
I do not believe one has to believe in the m ...[text shortened]... saved"
http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/do-you-have-to-believe-in-the-trinity-to-be-saved-2
Please see reply on page two: Thread 164818

Cape Town

Moves
16 Jul 15

I don't know what you could have seen that makes you think a child can't understand something as simple as forgiveness and accountability.
Simple, lets go ask a child to explain it. If they fail, you are clearly wrong. How much are you going to bet that the child manages to explain it?

But my own children (early in their lives) were able to understand how these two 'concepts' work together as a whole, so I think it's actually because this isn't difficult to understand that many adults have trouble understanding it... because it doesn't have the same intrigue or complexity we adults have come to respect only by virtue of intrigue and complexity.
No, your children didn't understand it. They simply chose not to say so. If they did understand it then please ask them for the explanation, and post it here so we can all come to understand it too. Or is it a secret understanding that cannot be communicated to others? If so, how are we to know whether they do really understand it?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Thanks for your interest in my medical wellbeing." (Page 5)[/b]
Thanks for agreeing to cut out the passive aggressive jibes and to stop sending me PMs.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jul 15

Thanks for agreeing to cut out the passive aggressive jibes and to stop sending me PMs.
You're quite welcome. Enjoy your day.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jul 15

What Do You Believe? 5) I believe that some people have complained about other people and places and things ever since the beginning of time when Cain complained about his brother Abel's offering to God and subsequently killed him (as recorded in Genesis 4:4-8). Here are nine passages from the Word of God which support this belief which is also supported by people who still complain today.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13 "I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"

Romans 16:17-18 "I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive."

Titus 3:9-11 "But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."

Ephesians 4:3-6 "Eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

Jude 1:16-19 "These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage. But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit."

2 Timothy 2:23-25 "Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,"

Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses."

Proverbs 16:28 "A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends."

James 3:14-16 "But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice."

Moves
16 Jul 15

'I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come
To show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer
Can still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why, I believe.'

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Simple, lets go ask a child to explain it. If they fail, you are clearly wrong. How much are you going to bet that the child manages to explain it?

[b]But my own children (early in their lives) were able to understand how these two 'concepts' work together as a whole, so I think it's actually because this isn't difficult to understand that many adults ...[text shortened]... annot be communicated to others? If so, how are we to know whether they do really understand it?
No, your children didn't understand it. They simply chose not to say so.

Pretending to know more about my children than I or anyone else in my family is sheer arrogance on your part. I knew they understood because of their response, and not because of any lack of response. And I didn't need to hear them verbally say they understand, because I could see from their actions whether they understood it or not.

Is literally telling you something enough incontrovertible evidence for you to believe it? I don't think so. In fact, I've seen you challenging statements whether there is evidence of what is being said or not, and apparently for no other reason than you didn't want to believe what is being said.

Were you there to see my children choosing not to say they didn't understand? Of course not.

Do you really presume to know more about my family than I do? Apparently so.

So thanks for proving my point, because even a child would be able to understand the difference between knowing and the presumption of knowing.