What Do You Believe?

What Do You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I believe you should take a longer break from the spirituality forum ..
I understood from Grampy Bobby that it was going to be a 6 weeks sabbatical which was curtailed to 3 and a half week fast, punctuated but a regime of PM snacks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I understood from Grampy Bobby that it was going to be a 6 weeks sabbatical which was curtailed to 3 and a half week fast, punctuated but a regime of PM snacks.
Personal Message to "divegeester Jul 13 2015 05:15"

"Note: I've returned to the public forums and will be resuming my chess games, on hold since June 18, two weeks from today. Thread 164794"

Footnote: I haven't a clue why but the neuropathy discomfort from the partial paralysis recovery since discharge in April, 2012, somehow diminished since June 18. Maybe because I took frequent naps to elevate my feet. I've thanked God often for this improvement. Next doctor appointment is on July 22 with a complete annual blood analysis a week before. Thanks for your interest in my medical wellbeing.

Footnote 2: For whatever the reason, you didn't reply. If you had, I would have shared the "Footnote" details at that time.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Jul 15

What Do You Believe? 3) I believe that God is a Trinity of three Persons: God the Father; God the Son; and God the Holy Spirit who are all co-equal, co-infinite and co-eternal. And that each Person of the Trinity also has precisely the same attributes, perfections, and authority. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20) / "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.” (2Corinthians 13:14)

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 15

Do you see how you ignore what people say? You expect people to want to discuss anything with an @$$ like you
"You expect people to want to discuss anything with an @$$ like you"

Seems you're projecting onto GB the fear you have of your own postings. Nobody wants to discuss anything with someone who calls people an ass.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Nearly 10 years ago now i got involved in a dispute at a bus stop. I arrived to see a younger man being aggressive and abusive towards a much older man. Moved, as i often was to support the under dog (even in sport) i put myself between the two and ended up getting myself stabbed. (Don't worry, not fatally!)
Anyway, turns out that the older man, whi ...[text shortened]... black and white, but now that situations are often far more complicated than they first appear.
"I use to believe for example that everything was black and white, but now that situations are often far more complicated than they first appear."

More complicated because everything is in fact black and white, but has become muddied by liberalistic ideology over the last half century that has pervaded the world over. Perpetrators are everywhere.

Believe it or not!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"You expect people to want to discuss anything with an @$$ like you"

Seems you're projecting onto GB the fear you have of your own postings. Nobody wants to discuss anything with someone who calls people an ass.[/b]
Cause and effect. You maybe heard of it?
Try to figure how it applies here.
Seems you have it mixed up.

Moves
15 Jul 15

Nearly 10 years ago now i got involved in a dispute at a bus stop. I arrived to see a younger man being aggressive and abusive towards a much older man. Moved, as i often was to support the under dog (even in sport) i put myself between the two and ended up getting myself stabbed. (Don't worry, not fatally!)
Anyway, turns out that the older man, whi ...[text shortened]... black and white, but now that situations are often far more complicated than they first appear.
(Don't worry, not fatally!)

You don't say... 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
2) I believe that my personal worth prior to believing in the person and work of Jesus Christ was not an issue to God because I couldn't meet the standards of His Righteousness. My personal sins were not an issue to Him either because He had already tried them during the final three hours of Jesus Christ's crucifixion [substitutionary spiritual death: s ...[text shortened]... eternal life and share an eternal relationship with God in heaven forever. This choice is yours.
I don't think someone just "decides to believe". I think it takes time, a calculating thought process, weighing evidence and so forth. A person needs a heavy dose of the Word of God, understood, but it takes patience, love prayer and reasoning.
I love the following verse....
Neh 8:8
So they read distinctly from the book, in the Law of God; and they gave the sense, and helped them to understand the reading.
NKJV

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I don't think someone just "decides to believe". I think it takes time, a calculating thought process, weighing evidence and so forth. A person needs a heavy dose of the Word of God, understood, but it takes patience, love prayer and reasoning.
So they read distinctly from the book, in the Law of God; and they gave the sense, and helped them to understand the reading.
NKJV
I remember my own conversion. It was a struggle. I knew I needed something, but I didn't have a clue as to what it was. It took time. Eventually, and I only know this in retrospect, God found me, and I fell at His feet and He lifted me up. And God is still lifting me up!

And one day I will meet Jesus face to face. Redeemed to the uttermost! Learning of God's grace for all eternity!

God is good.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 15

Cause and effect. You maybe heard of it?
Try to figure how it applies here.
Seems you have it mixed up.
I have no idea what you're talking about!

By "cause and effect" do you mean that Jesus died on the cross for all my sins and was raised from the dead so that one day I will also be raised to life everlasting? Is that what you mean?

I sure hope so!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
I remember my own conversion. It was a struggle. I knew I needed something, but I didn't have a clue as to what it was. It took time. Eventually, and I only know this in retrospect, God found me, and I fell at His feet and He lifted me up. And God is still lifting me up!

And one day I will meet Jesus face to face. Redeemed to the uttermost! Learning of God's grace for all eternity!

God is good.
I studied various religions, from Indian to Spiritualism to Baptist. I knew there had to be a God, and then it hit me like a 2x4. He found me is right on!
When I first started my quest was after watching the Exorcist at the theater when it first came out some time ago. It was based on a true story, and I was terrified.
Now I understand how demons can be cast out, and I understand they are toothless because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross. He made a public spectacle of them.
Paraphrased, he kicked butt! They are terrified of Christians who walk by the spirit. Christians who know who they are in Christ.
Most Christians don't understand we have sonship rights. We are the righteousness of God, we are justified, redeemed, sanctified and have been entrusted with the ministry of reconciliation.
I am finding that many Christians let demonic influence run rough shod all over them not understanding who they are in Christ. They are still quarreling about sins, salvation, hell, etc. Indeed many of us are still infants in need of milk....Satan is having a field day.
But there will be an end some day when the King of Kings returns! No one will spit on him on that day! Yes, God is good. God is merciful, patient and kind, but most of all he is love.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Personal Message to "divegeester Jul 13 2015 05:15"

"Note: I've returned to the public forums and will be resuming my chess games, on hold since June 18, two weeks from today. Thread 164794"

Footnote: I haven't a clue why but the neuropathy discomfort from the partial paralysis recovery since discharge in April, 2012, somehow ...[text shortened]... e reason, you didn't reply. If you had, I would have shared the "Footnote" details at that time.[/b]
My comment had nothing to do with your wellbeing which I am not familiar with. You randomly PM'd me 3.5 weeks ago telling me you were taking a 6 week break from the forums. Despite you claiming I didn't, I did reply. It is always good to hear that someone is in good health.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Jul 15
1 edit

Even though the situation wasn't exactly as it first appeared there is nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution. There was no way you could have known it wasn't simply a hot head picking on an old man, but the fact that he stabbed you means you weren't very far off in your estimation of what was happening. You trusted your instincts and were not wrong for doing so.

Many people will not trust their own intuition and act on their instincts. There is an excellent book entitled the Gift of Fear. It's about being aware of your surroundings and trusting your instincts instead of ignoring them. The book is worth recommending because of what you experienced, and it can show you how you weren't too far off in sizing up the situation that day. Okay sure, you put yourself in harms way, but you did so for a good reason. And for all you know the young man might have been lying (or mistaken) about what was actually happening....

(I'm assuming it was the young man who stabbed you and not the older one)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
My comment had nothing to do with your wellbeing which I am not familiar with. You randomly PM'd me 3.5 weeks ago telling me you were taking a 6 week break from the forums. Despite you claiming I didn't, I did reply. It is always good to hear that someone is in good health.
My oversight; you did reply with a three word sentence on July 6. In short, the absence from chess will be about 40-42 days; public forums 25 days since my health had improved. I'm hopeful that you will reply on topic: "What Do You Believe?"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Jul 15
3 edits

NKJV
I don't think someone just "decides to believe". I think it takes time, a calculating thought process, weighing evidence and so forth. A person needs a heavy dose of the Word of God, understood, but it takes patience, love prayer and reasoning...."

checkbaiter, the concluding paragraph of "2)" on page one:

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not believe in the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36) Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation. If you repent [change your mind about Christ] and decide to believe you too will have eternal life and share an eternal relationship with God in heaven forever. This choice is yours."

doesn't presume to define the time interval of the process for two reasons: a) It obviously varies with each individual; b) It's known only to God. However, the decision event itself occurs at a point in time as it did with one of the two criminals crucified with Christ.