What atheism really teaches

What atheism really teaches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Q. Why do faeries go to goblin parties?

A. So the don't get pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suppose that is supposed to be funny. But for some reason I don't get the joke. Sorry man. You'll have to do better than that.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I suppose that is supposed to be funny. But for some reason I don't get the joke. Sorry man. You'll have to do better than that.
You don't get it?
Bad luck.

Maybe if you did get it you would be more normal.

rc

Moves
01 May 13

even i get it and i am way holier than you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
even i get it and i am way holier than you.
But the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that I am the Instructor, not you. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
01 May 13

But the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that I am the Instructor, not you. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
I dont care what delusions you harbour to manufacture your distorted caricatures, you are still a white washed grave.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I dont care what delusions you harbour to manufacture your distorted caricatures, you are still a white washed grave.
Sorry, I don't get your joke either.

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
For all those who are against guns. If someone came into your house and raped your family are you just going to sit there and let them do it. I think not. God has given us the right to defend our family.
is there a threat of 'family rape' where you live?

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Sorry, I don't get your joke either.
oh, its no joke.

P

Moves
01 May 13

I said I believe in unicorns, but not so sure about the goblins, unless you are taking about ghosts.
I think you are trying to distract from the question, so I will rephrase it...

So please don't leave us concluding that you have no answer. Explain to us why you think we should fear a lake of fire that we do not believe exists, when you do not fear manticores* and chimera* because you do not believe they exist.

* If you are tempted to claim that you do believe in manticores and/or chimera then please note that I am simply using those to represent something that you do not believe exists and you should substitute some other imaginary monster the existence of which you do not believe.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Penguin
I think you are trying to distract from the question, so I will rephrase it...

So please don't leave us concluding that you have no answer. Explain to us why you think we should fear a lake of fire that we do not believe exists, when you do not fear manticores* and chimera* because you do not believe they exist.

* If you are tempted to claim that you d ...[text shortened]... stitute some other imaginary monster the existence of which you do not believe.

--- Penguin.
Jesus tells us who to fear not what. You don't need to fear the Lake of Fire nor do I. The point Jesus was making is that there is a Being that has more power than any person who you may fear, because of that persons ability to kill your body. But after that person kills your body he has no power to hurt you or kill you again. Your body is dead and it knows nothing and can feel nothing, so there is no need to fear him.

But God has the power to resurrect the body from the dust of the ground and unite it with your soul. Don't forget that God is the one that in the beginning made man from the dust of the ground and breathed His spirit in man, making man a living soul. Now God is truly the one you should fear because He has this power to resurrect your body and throw both body and soul into the Lake of Fire where you shall be tormented forever.

So what do you think? Should the one that can only torment you while your body is alive be feared over the one that can torment your body and soul forever?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 May 13

So what do you think? Should the one that can only torment you while your body is alive be feared over the one that can torment your body and soul forever?
My religion punishes bad souls forever plus a long weekend.

Using your reasoning you should fear my god more than your own!

P

Moves
01 May 13

Jesus tells us who to fear not what. You don't need to fear the Lake of Fire nor do I. The point Jesus was making is that there is a Being that has more power than any person who you may fear, because of that persons ability to kill your body. But after that person kills your body he has no power to hurt you or kill you again. Your body is dead and it kn ...[text shortened]... u while your body is alive be feared over the one that can torment your body and soul forever?
And again you make the assumption that I actually believe that Jesus, God and the lake of fire actually exist. I don't, so what reason could I possibly have to fear them?

Let's try again...
Do you believe that the Hindu god Vishnu actually exists? I am guessing not.
Are you afraid of him? Again I am guessing not.
Why are you not afraid of him? I would suggest that you are not afraid of him because you do not believe he exists.

You have to believe something exists before you can feel emotion towards it. Until I become convinced of the existence of God or the lake of fire, it is physically impossible
for me to feel love, hate or fear towards them, in the same way that it is impossible for you to feel love, hate or fear towards Vishnu.

--- Penguin.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
My religion punishes bad souls forever [b]plus a long weekend.

Using your reasoning you should fear my god more than your own![/b]
My God is even worse. He doesn't just stop with future torment - He changes the past so that you have already lived forever in a state of torture.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by Penguin
And again you make the assumption that I actually believe that Jesus, God and the lake of fire actually exist. I don't, so what reason could I possibly have to fear them?

Let's try again...
Do you believe that the Hindu god Vishnu actually exists? I am guessing not.
Are you afraid of him? Again I am guessing not.
Why are you not afraid of him? I would ...[text shortened]... e way that it is impossible for you to feel love, hate or fear towards Vishnu.

--- Penguin.
I understand you to say that since you believe Jesus never existed, then you are justified in not believing any of His teachings. Okay, then my question to you is this:

If you became convinced that Jesus did exist, would that change your belief about fearing God over man?

P

Moves
02 May 13
1 edit

I understand you to say that since you believe Jesus never existed, then you are justified in not believing any of His teachings. Okay, then my question to you is this:

If you became convinced that Jesus did exist, would that change your belief about fearing God over man?
I do not believe the Jesus as depicted in the Bible ever existed, although that character may have been based on a real person with no supernatural abilities but lots of charisma, much like Robin Hood as depicted in the legend never existed but may have been based on a real person. If I believed in the bible, God and the whole lake of fire thing, we would not be having this conversation.

Back to the point, given that you know I do not believe God and the lake of fire exist, could you explain why you think I should be afraid of it?