1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 07:37
    @FMF

You are entitled to your personal opinion about whether you are right.

Is that absolutely true?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 07:58
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Is that absolutely true?
    Can't you be bothered to read the thread?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 09:33
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Is that absolutely true?
    He is willfully blind, even when it is said everyone has an opinion, but the truth is true for everyone, he says "No, everyone has an opinion!", and that is his argument. He doesn't care what it true, only that there are disagreements about it and therefore doesn't acknowledge that the truth of each discussion doesn't depend on who believes or disbelieves in anything; it is only what is! Having a disagreement on any topic doesn't mean the truth about the discussion is voided, and if that choice or opinion has a consequence being right or wrong, then the consequence will occur when it does, having a wrong opinion doesn't make consequences go away.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 10:16
    @kellyjay said
    He is willfully blind, even when it is said everyone has an opinion, but the truth is true for everyone, he says "No, everyone has an opinion!", and that is his argument.
    My 'argument' is that we can both insist we "know" the truth about spiritual matters that are unprovable and unknowable as we live our lives, but no matter how certain and sincere we are about such beliefs, they will simply be speculations, aspirations, hypotheses and, at their very essence, personal, subjective opinions.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 10:20
    @kellyjay said
    He doesn't care what it true, only that there are disagreements about it and therefore doesn't acknowledge that the truth of each discussion doesn't depend on who believes or disbelieves in anything; it is only what is!
    But there ARE disagreements about what is "true" when it comes to our personal perceptions regarding superntaural things. Why would either of us deny this?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 10:24
    @kellyjay said
    Having a disagreement on any topic doesn't mean the truth about the discussion is voided, and if that choice or opinion has a consequence being right or wrong, then the consequence will occur when it does, having a wrong opinion doesn't make consequences go away.
    You are entitled to your personal opinions about what the "consequences" will be for me if l I disagree with you about spiritual matters. There is nothing wrong or unusual about you being subjective in this way.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 12:463 edits
    @FMF

You are entitled to your personal opinions about what the "consequences" will be for me if l I disagree with you about spiritual matters. There is nothing wrong or unusual about you being subjective in this way.

All well and good. But how does it effect your answers to the bullet points?

Does this mean "Truth is discovered not invented " is an not invalid statment ?

Does this mean "Truth is transcultural: it can be conveyed across different cultures. " is not true ?

Does this mean "Truth is unchanging: it can be conveyed across time. " is not true ?

Fouth bullet - Beliefs cannot change a truth statement no matter how sincere one may be

Does each entitled to his sincere opinion makes this not true ?

Does everyone entitled to thier subjective sincere opinion make these three statements not true?

Truth is unaffected by the attitude of the one professing it
    • All Truths are absolute
    • Truth is knowable
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:18
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Does this mean "Truth is discovered not invented " ...[text shortened]... fected by the attitude of the one professing it
    • Truth is knowable [/i]
    Read the thread.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:542 edits
    @FMF

Okay, 490 posts.

Remember now this requirement you place on me?
    It will come right back to you.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:57
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Okay, 490 pages.

Remember now this requirement you place on me?
    It will come right back to you.
    Posts, not pages.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:58
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Correction made just before you informed me.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:011 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Correction made just before you informed me.
    Or just after.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 18:12
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Does this mean "Truth is discovered not invented " ...[text shortened]... fected by the attitude of the one professing it
    • Truth is knowable [/i]
    If you're interested, intellectually speaking, in my views on "absolute truth", then you will take the time to read, rather than ask me to repeat myself in an insincere and trolling make-work way... in which case I'm not interested.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '19 02:17
    @sonship said
    @FMF

• Truth is knowable [/i]
    FMFs new catch phrase when asked some tough questions seems to be ‘you are entitled to your personal subjective opinions.’
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '19 02:23
    @dj2becker said
    FMFs new catch phrase when asked some tough questions seems to be ‘you are entitled to your personal subjective opinions.’
    You haven't asked any "tough questions". And "you are entitled to your personal subjective opinions" is a recognition of your viewpoint, not a "catchphrase".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree