1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 18:26
    Here we have an excerpt from Witness Lee's commentary on the story of Jesus feeding the crowd of 5,000 with the fish and 5 loaves (Matthew 14:14-21)

"...these five loaves were barley loaves. Barley is a type of the resurrected Christ (Leviticus 23:10). Thus, the barley loaves signify Christ in resurrection as food to us. Loaves are of the vegetable life, signifying the generating aspect of Christ's life, whereas fish are of the animal life, signifying the redeeming aspect of Christ's life."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Matthew).

Is this 'teaching' from Lee in accordance with general Christian understanding of these biblical passages?
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 18:29
    Another pearl of wisdom from Witness Lee:

"The sun signifies Christ...the moon can be considered a figure of the church, the wife of Christ...the stars first signify Christ…although Christ is the real sun, He does not appear as the sun during the present age of night. Rather, He shines as the bright Morning Star."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Genesis)
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 18:35
    I'm sure this bit of wisdom from Lee will make itself known to me eventually:

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. The church is not only the creature, but the creature with the Creator as the Triune God dispensed into her. She is the real number seven: the real three, the Triune God, added to the real four, created man. Therefore the number seven denotes completion in God’s move, first in the old creation and then in the new creation, the church."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Revelation)
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus ...[text shortened]... eation and then in the new creation, the church."

All superstitious nonsense bordering on paganism and idolatry.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:291 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus ...[text shortened]... eation and then in the new creation, the church."

Wow.

That's what happens when you read the Bible with a slide ruler I reckon.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:30
    @rajk999 said
    All superstitious nonsense bordering on paganism and idolatry.
    Yep, Raj would know.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 01:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Another pearl of wisdom from Witness Lee:

"The sun signifies Christ...the moon can be considered a figure of the church, the wife of Christ...the stars first signify Christ…although Christ is the real sun, He does not appear as the sun during the present age of night. Rather, He shines as the bright Morning Star."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Genesis)
    Interesting. I thought the Morning Star (Venus) represented Lucifer in early Christianity?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 02:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Interesting use of the words "hence" and "therefore"!

I have two feet therefore 2 represents travel.
    I have 10 digits therefore 10 represents dexterity.
    Hence 2+10= 12 the number of hours we must work a day (including the commute).

Anyone want to join my Church?
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 08:011 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Interesting. I thought the Morning Star (Venus) represented Lucifer in early Christianity?
    Yes, I was curious about that as well.

Edit: Am bringing this Lee quote across from the other thread so it's 'beauty' isn't lost:

'The Lord is not building His church in Christendom, which is composed of the apostate Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant denominations. This...is being fulfilled through the Lord's recovery, in which the building of the genuine church is being accomplished...Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as Judaism, all [have] become an organization of Satan.'
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 08:072 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 08:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three.
    And don’t forget that if you don’t believe this you cannot be saved.**

**From the local church statement of faith and posted elsewhere in this forum. Thread 179424

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

It’s a cult.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 08:22
    @wolfgang59 said
    Interesting use of the words "hence" and "therefore"!

I have two feet therefore 2 represents travel.
    I have 10 digits therefore 10 represents dexterity.
    Hence 2+10= 12 the number of hours we must work a day (including the commute).

Anyone want to join my Church?
    I think Lee's use of numerological methods (to find hidden meaning in scripture) is perhaps his weakest quality as such 'meaning' would have been 'hidden' from the writers of the Bible and smacks of self-importance.

That said, sign me up to your church.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 09:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That said, sign me up to your church.
    Ten percent of your salary.
    Or $144,000

(Whichever is greater)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 09:322 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    Indeed.

Isaiah 14:12:
    “How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

However there is evidence of Jesus being also called the same. I’ll have to look it up though as I’m not sure.

Edit; found it
    Revelation 22:16 (ESV)
    “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 10:301 edit
    @divegeester said
    Indeed.

Isaiah 14:12:
    “How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

However there is evidence of Jesus being also called the same. I’ll have to look it up though as I’m not sure.

Edit; found it
    Revelation 22:16 (ESV)
    “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify ...[text shortened]... things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
    "He (Jesus) shines as the bright Morning Star." (Witness Lee).
    "I (Jesus) am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” (Rev)
    “How you (Satan) have fallen from heaven, O morning star." (Isaiah).

Curious indeed. I wonder if the attributing of 'morning star' to Satan was an allegorical attempt to show how far he had fallen away from God. (Though of course, Isaiah was written many centuries before Revelation).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree