The religion of peace

The religion of peace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Not them. My beef is not that they, or you, are ex-anything.

Just you. You're really the only one who excels at the forum version of "street-fighting". AND you're one of the ones I can almost never tell when you're serious or when you're just "taking the mickey out of me". Either way, many of your posts seem to me not to actually expound your actual tenets, but only to "punch others in the 'nads" for expounding theirs. Thus, in my opinion, you're just a "mischief-maker".

And this has nothing to do with any "others". Just you, bub.

I support your right to criticize how you feel I come across in this community. It's good that people are forthright in their exchange of ideas and opinions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jan 15

Why be "fixated" at all?
Why get out of bed in the morning?

besides i'm just using his language to reflect back.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jan 15

Did YOU really just say that with a straight face?

The unbeliever FMF is not something this forum needs more of.

He's a 'mischief-maker', nothing more.
What's wrong with FMF? I think he brings an incisive perspective to the forum.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
What's wrong with FMF? I think he brings an incisive perspective to the forum.
"incisive perspective". I guess you could call it that.

He's certainly a warrior against Christianity in this forum.

As I said elsewhere, he never so much tells us what he believes as much as he just "punches others in the 'nads" when they tell us what they believe. He's admitted to you that he was "just taking the mickey out of you" on at least one occasion. Yeah, okay, "incisive" I can agree with. His technique is often "sharp and biting". As for him having "perspective", well, I don't see it. He's too worried about trying to disprove what others say or making others appear to be foolish with his brand of misdirection, to actually say anything he can be taken to task for himself.

Yeah, "mischief-maker" about covers it. Not to be taken seriously, in my opinion. It's bothersome that some do, however.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I support your right to criticize how you feel I come across in this community. It's good that people are forthright in their exchange of ideas and opinions.
Now there's the irony.

Infidel

Moves
19 Jan 15

As I said elsewhere, he never so much tells us what he believes as much as he just "punches others in the 'nads" when they tell us what they believe. He's admitted to you that he was "just taking the mickey out of you" on at least one ...[text shortened]... ut covers it. Not to be taken seriously, in my opinion. It's bothersome that some do, however.
This forum would be a lot more boring without FMF.

And I for one totally support his right to be a "mischief-maker".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
This forum would be a lot more boring without FMF.

And I for one totally support his right to be a "mischief-maker".
Especially when an actual exchange of ideas is too bothersome or inconvenient?

Oh he has a right to do what he does, no doubt.

That others seem to take what he says seriously is the bigger issue.

Infidel

Moves
19 Jan 15

Oh he has a right to do what he does, no doubt.

That others seem to take what he says seriously is the bigger issue.
I think it’s nice that forums such as this are filled with various personalities. Keeps it fresh. Makes for out-of-the-box perspectives. Which frequent forum visitors’ contributions do you like?

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

I support your right to engage me properly on the ideas, beliefs and opinions I put forward at any time you choose. But in the meantime, I support your right to claim that I don't put forward ideas, beliefs and opinions, even if I think you are mistaken.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

As I said elsewhere, he never so much tells us what he believes as much as he just "punches others in the 'nads" when they tell us what they believe. He's admitted to you that he was "just taking the mickey out of you" on at least one ...[text shortened]... ut covers it. Not to be taken seriously, in my opinion. It's bothersome that some do, however.
FMF is one of a few non/ex Christians who's opinion I value. He brings an edge to this forum through his lawyer-like questioning but this is good thing as there is so much bullshlt posted that sometimes it seems more like a mushroom farm in here.

Admittedly it won't be pleasant if one engages with FMF and one is wielding nothing but a metaphorical hot steaming turd in one hand and a bottle of religious kool-aid in the other. but therein lies the joy for everyone else.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Jan 15

"Spirituality Forum: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." Not about us.

Infidel

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Spirituality Forum: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." Not about us.
Tell us again how you became paralysed and how that made you feel?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Tell us again how you became paralysed and how that made you feel?[/b]
Euthanasia wolfgang59, 04 Dec '14 03:30

Originally posted by wolfgang59 Thread 161886 (Page 2)
"GrampyBobby will present the case for Euthanasia.
Over to you GB."

"wolfgang, as a believer in Christ who has been taught the scriptures from the original languages by four pastor/teachers since my youth, I know with certainty that my life and times are squarely in God's Omnipotent Hands. Nothing will take me home [including near death paralysis in December 2010] to be with Him, Evelyn, my Christian parents and friends who have already departed this life until His appointed time [unless I were to superimpose my will over His by committing suicide].
By application, nothing will keep me here one nano second longer once His plan and purpose for my life is fulfilled. -Bob"

F

Moves
20 Jan 15

It would appear that Grampy Bobby's insistence that the Spirituality Forum is "Not about us" applies to other people but does not apply to him. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 15

"language" is a vehicle for the expression of thought; relevant issue in context is sustaining an objective focus, not self justified retaliation... at least for those who are not still living out their days in the dark spiritually dead by choice.