The religion of peace

The religion of peace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by josephw
But are you happy?
Until my temporal existence ceases and I find myself burning in eternal hell**...yes I am very happy thank you.

**I've been a Christian for over 25 years.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Until my temporal existence ceases and I find myself burning in eternal hell**...yes I am very happy thank you.

Then why in the world are you incessantly fixated in an online public spirituality forum about your eternal destiny?¿

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Until my temporal existence ceases and I find myself burning in eternal hell**...yes I am very happy thank you.

Then why in the world are you incessantly fixated in an online public spirituality forum about your eternal destiny?¿[/b]
I'm not. I'm fixated on what you think other people's eternal destiny will be.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 15

Preoccupation with Christ rather than preoccupation with ourselves is the order of the day for all believers in Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jan 15

Preoccupation with Christ rather than preoccupation with ourselves is the order of the day for all believers in Christ.
Did you really just say that with a straight face?

Where's FMF when you need him to see something.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jan 15

We could call it quits ...
Sounds good to me.

No (real) hard feelings.
None here either.

F

Moves
18 Jan 15

Then why in the world are you incessantly fixated in an online public spirituality forum about your eternal destiny?¿
Oh the irony.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Sounds good to me.

[b]No (real) hard feelings.

None here either.[/b]
No doubt we will clash again, it seems it is the way between us. At least neither of us has chopped the other's head off because of a belief.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15

Why be "fixated" at all?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Did you really just say that with a straight face?

Where's FMF when you need him to see something.
Did YOU really just say that with a straight face?

The unbeliever FMF is not something this forum needs more of.

He's a 'mischief-maker', nothing more.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Oh the irony.
Where's the irony?

GB seems mostly concerned with the 'eternal destiny' of others, not his own.

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
GB seems mostly concerned with the 'eternal destiny' of others, not his own.
He speaks about his own "salvation" all the time. I have never once detected any genuine sincerity in his professed interest in the supposed immortality of others. His assertion that I am "saved" already because I once believed in Christ, although I am a non-believer now, comes across as him getting a kick out of making the self-anointed pronouncement, and the self-righteousness and insincerity is unmistakable, in my opinion.

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
The unbeliever FMF is not something this forum needs more of.

He's a 'mischief-maker', nothing more.
There are several ex-Christians, like me, who post on this forum, and I think most of them have an interesting contribution to make, in their heterogenous ways. I personally don't think it would do any harm if there were more, but if you think there are enough or should be less of them, then that's a viewpoint too. Maybe if you harry them enough whilst basically ignoring what they say, some of them might leave. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am more than happy to admit when I am wrong - when I believe I am wrong. I am not going to admit I am wrong just because you dictate to me that I am wrong and demand that I admit to things I never did just because you are in a bad mood. Get over yourself already.
This sounds like you're just saying "Sure I admit when I'm wrong. I'm just never wrong."

Get over yourself already. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
There are several ex-Christians, like me, who post on this forum, and I think most of them have an interesting contribution to make, in their heterogenous ways. I personally don't think it would do any harm if there were more, but if you think there are enough or should be less of them, then that's a viewpoint too. Maybe if you harry them enough whilst basically ignoring what they say, some of them might leave. 😉
Not them. My beef is not that they, or you, are ex-anything.

Just you. You're really the only one who excels at the forum version of "street-fighting". AND you're one of the ones I can almost never tell when you're serious or when you're just "taking the mickey out of me". Either way, many of your posts seem to me not to actually expound your actual tenets, but only to "punch others in the 'nads" for expounding theirs. Thus, in my opinion, you're just a "mischief-maker".

And this has nothing to do with any "others". Just you, bub.