The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I have found that there isn’t much substance to PB1022. Within a few steps of the metaphorical beach you are on the rocks of Romans1009, exactly as we see in this thread. The behaviour is becoming more pronounced and is taking less time to exhibit in each thread.
Let’s see…

FMF, Ghost and now dive.

Yep, the trolling trio’s all here!

Hey dive,

What’s your reaction to suzianne’s epic takedown of you, the one where she used the word “sociopath” (or a variation) three or four times? I’ve met a few sociopaths in my life and boy oh boy did she nail you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 22

@divegeester said
The Bible says that the only way to recognise the spirit working within someone is by the fruit of that spirit:

…love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 5: 22-23
How many of those do you exhibit in here, dive?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
15 Jan 22

@fmf said

What are the corresponding attributes in those who lack theist beliefs? Benevolence? Philanthropy? Empathy? Mercy?
There is a group (not really definineable as a religion) and not all of who beleive in God. Those that do refer to him as "The Creator" (fair enough). They have two main planks to their belief, that is 1) to not fear death (which straight away is quite liberating) 2) to show love to your fellow man (kindness doesn't usually cost anything).

I can only decribe the reported effects of this as a kind of chanelling, where the whole mind set changes as do the priorities of life, and being in tune with the enviroment things happen (you make your own luck maybe).

I'm only just scratching the surface of this as I find it intriguing, but a quick comparisom would be to that of the native American Indian and their reverance for the land and animals. That kind of getting in tune with the environment/nature and your surrounds.

F

Moves
15 Jan 22

@medullah said
I'm only just scratching the surface of this as I find it intriguing, but a quick comparisom would be to that of the native American Indian and their reverance for the land and animals. That kind of getting in tune with the environment/nature and your surrounds.
There are rapacious Muslim entrepreneurs, tycoons and politicians here, of course [who do not care about the damage they do] but the stereotype of the good and pious Muslim ~ ostensibly under the influence of the Holy Spirit who represents "salvation for all creation in terms of judgment ... like a spirit which gives life" ~ would not only prioritize family, community, charity and prayer, but would also be a thoughtful environmentalist.