Thanking God

Thanking God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
21 Aug 21

@kevin-eleven said
The Word of God is written into the substance and texture of the Cosmos.

The little scriptures of this or that religion or planet are secondary.
Jesus claims that most would never understand God's truth, never.

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
Makes sense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Aug 21

@secondson said
"I get that you feel that those who do not believe in God or the Christ are some kind of sub-human, but I don't."

This is where I exit. You couldn't have said anything dumber or further from the truth.

Parables? Your problem isn't that you're an unbeliever suzianne. Your problem is you're a misbeliever full of anti-Christian bias. Verse 34 through the end of the chapt ...[text shortened]... "reaming" you out.

But if you read your own opening post you'll see just how sanctimonious it is.
Another one holding the Bible (written by men) more important than the words (and, more importantly, the meaning of those words) therein.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
You're clearly the living proof of that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Aug 21

@kevin-eleven said
Please be seated.

I think that what holds some Christians back is cleverness with words, a legalistic approach, maybe even their scholasticism, along with pride, arrogance, and the lingering combativeness that was a necessary part of our evolution.

In non-Christian terms, if there is a Cosmic Intelligence with some kind of personhood Who laid all this out, then of ...[text shortened]... 't like, even our enemies or disagreeable people we can't control or people who are just in our way.
This will be the only thing I say to you in this thread.

I don't really appreciate you coming in here saying, in effect, "Now there, there, little girl, please sit down and shut the F up."

Take your hysterical beef with me somewhere else, I'm not interested.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
A very fair post

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 21
2 edits

@medullah said
A very fair post

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
I get no impression from the teachings of Christ that there is any lack of understanding of Gods truth [Eladars words]. In your reference [Matt 7] Jesus spoke at length about keeping His commandments, and living righteously, which is the critical thing for eternal life. Certainly there are many doctrines that people will not understand, but knowing what is required for eternal life is not one of them, as Jesus made these teachings crystal clear.

Do you get the impression that Christians who post here lack understanding ?

E

Moves
21 Aug 21

@rajk999 said
I get no impression from the teachings of Christ that there is any lack of understanding of Gods truth [Eladars words]. In your reference [Matt 7] Jesus spoke at length about keeping His commandments, and living righteously, which is the critical thing for eternal life. Certainly there are many doctrines that people will not understand, but knowing what is required for eter ...[text shortened]... hings crystal clear.

Do you get the impression that Christians who post here lack understanding ?
Perhaps you understand God's truth, perhaps you do not. After you die, you will find out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
Perhaps you understand God's truth, perhaps you do not. After you die, you will find out.
More irrelevant nonsense. When are you going to speak clearly, plainly and sensibly?

Your statement - Jesus claims that most would never understand God's truth, never. is not in the bible. If it is then please provide a reference. What Jesus did say is that the Pharisees do not understand, and he spoke in parables so that they will continue to not understand. Jesus did in fact tell people about the road to eternal life and many people including many here [sonship, second son and others], rather preach / believe, a different doctrine, which is contrary to, and the complete opposite of what Christ preached.

Hence the truth is that people all understand, and understand fully, but they choose not to be on the narrow way that leads to life.

E

Moves
21 Aug 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
More irrelevant nonsense. When are you going to speak clearly, plainly and sensibly?

Your statement - Jesus claims that most would never understand God's truth, never. is not in the bible. If it is then please provide a reference. What Jesus did say is that the Pharisees do not understand, and he spoke in parables so that they will continue to not understand. ...[text shortened]... ll understand, and understand fully, but they choose not to be on the narrow way that leads to life.
Ok, if you do not believe that it is God who calls the shots, not you, then good luck.

If you believe Jesus said the road to salvation is wide and many people are on it, I cannot help you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
Ok, if you do not believe that it is God who calls the shots, not you, then good luck.

If you believe Jesus said the road to salvation is wide and many people are on it, I cannot help you.
Nobody asked for help. All I asked for was a reference to support this statement you throwing around

If there is no such statement by Jesus Christ in the bible then just say that.

E

Moves
21 Aug 21

@rajk999 said
Nobody asked for help. All I asked for was a reference to support this statement you throwing around

If there is no such statement by Jesus Christ in the bible then just say that.
Sorry if you are too blind to see it.

I cannot help a blind person.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 21

@eladar said
Sorry if you are too blind to see it.

I cannot help a blind person.
Thats the kind of response that will work with Sunday school kids or your brain dead buddies. Around here you just look like an ignorant a$$.

E

Moves
21 Aug 21

@rajk999 said
Thats the kind of response that will work with Sunday school kids or your brain dead buddies. Around here you just look like an ignorant a$$.
So far all I can see is this.

You say you disagree with me. Now you want me to convince you that you are wrong.

That is such an idiotic request and deserves no response other than to say you can take a walk.

rain

Moves
21 Aug 21

How does a thread that was meant to be positive and encouraging to Christians devolve into Christians bickering with each other?