1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 16:121 edit
    @medullah said
    @Rajk999

Lol you got me on that one, though there probably would be less arguments if there was less adultery.

I can’t remember which print it was but the printers got fined £3k I’m the distant past for omitting “not” when they went to print so that the text read “thou shalt commit adultery”
    What about the "war = legalised murder" matter. Where in the bible is that supported. I have to ask because it is a common misconception that Christians are supposed to be docile and are required to allow people to overrun them, threaten and kill them, and just keep quiet. Nothing is further from the truth and this misconception is based on misunderstood statements from Christ.

Here is a passage Im sure you dont know exist :

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough. (Luke 22:35-38 KJV)

Jesus is telling his disciples to carry a sword, and if you have none, sell your clothes and buy a sword. Do you think Jesus tells them that so they can cut oranges?

Christians can prepare for evil days and arm themselves, protect themselves and do whatever it is in their power to face enemies.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 16:21
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: (Psalms 144:1 KJV)
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 02:08
    @rajk999 said
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: (Psalms 144:1 KJV)
    Peace be with you.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 02:201 edit
    @Rajk999

Do you thank God for your petty, combative small-mindedness, or do you thank God for everything, by which I mean EVERYTHING?

Also, do you believe the Ancient Jews have provided a good model to follow, or are you anti-Semitic?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 06:55
    @vivify said
    How does a thread that was meant to be positive and encouraging to Christians devolve into Christians bickering with each other?
    I don't know. I'm disappointed because I wanted to explore these ideas from your post. I had wanted to follow up with a post about the second commandment, which I did touch on, but the thread seems to have been pre-empted, which turned it into something I did not mean for it to be. And yeah, that's too bad, but it seems to be the nature of the beast.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree