1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 18:57
    @vivify said
    How does a thread that was meant to be positive and encouraging to Christians devolve into Christians bickering with each other?
    Christians?

Lol, you are blind.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 20:22
    @vivify said
    How does a thread that was meant to be positive and encouraging to Christians devolve into Christians bickering with each other?
    Throughout history people keep corrupting the teachings of God. In the time of Christ they did the same and Jesus corrected them. It is no different now. A simple request for Eladar to show where Jesus said ... most would never understand God's truth, never., must end in bickering,
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 20:57
    @suzianne said
    This will be the only thing I say to you in this thread.

I don't really appreciate you coming in here saying, in effect, "Now there, there, little girl, please sit down and shut the F up."

Take your hysterical beef with me somewhere else, I'm not interested.
    If only I had left the wink after "Please be seated" . . .

You have a surprising way of interpreting things.
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 21:151 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I get no impression from the teachings of Christ that there is any lack of understanding of Gods truth [Eladars words]. In your reference [Matt 7] Jesus spoke at length about keeping His commandments, and living righteously, which is the critical thing for eternal life. Certainly there are many doctrines that people will not understand, but knowing what is required for eter ...[text shortened]... hings crystal clear.

Do you get the impression that Christians who post here lack understanding ?
    I was reading Eladar's words as implied; if you understood, then you wouldn't take the broad road? Also in Rev 13:14 we have great deception where the whole world is mislead, so I wasn't unhappy with what he said.

Yes in answer to your question. We have a lot of Christians with what appears to be a political partisanship, but how can you be partisan politically if Christians are to be "no part of the World"? Surely there can be no more a worldly activity that having political bias?

"The whole world is lying in the hands of the wicked one" 1 John 5:19
    The world is ruled by politics.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 21:48
    @medullah said
    I was reading Eladar's words as implied; if you understood, then you wouldn't take the broad road? Also in Rev 13:14 we have great deception where the whole world is mislead, so I wasn't unhappy with what he said.

Yes in answer to your question. We have a lot of Christians with what appears to be a political partisanship, but how can you be partisan politically if Chris ...[text shortened]... he whole world is lying in the hands of the wicked one" 1 John 5:19
    The world is ruled by politics.
    If you take this : Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, (Matthew 7:13 KJV) .. to mean that people do not understand that they are doing something wrong then you [and Eladar obviously] are mistaken. People know right from wrong and are fully aware of the consequences of their actions. Very rarely this is not the case.

It is also permissible for Christians to get involved in politics, and I think that is one way God utilizes good Christians or good people generally. There is nothing wrong with politics, but there is something wrong with politicians doing wrong things.

Christians being no part of this world means to avoid the values and standards of the world which goes against the teachings of God. The whole world is under the influence of Satan but followers of Christ know how to avoid sin and evil and God knows how to keep his people away from this influence.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 21:53
    @Rajk999

Do you believe that there are those who call evil good? There are people who do not know right from wrong and believe that what is evil is actually good?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 21:57
    @eladar said
    @Rajk999

Do you believe that there are those who call evil good? There are people who do not know right from wrong and believe that what is evil is actually good?
    There are people who call evil good, and good evil. They know right from wrong, but they still do it.

Your conclusion that they do not know right from wrong is incorrect and not in the bible. Certainly Jesus said no such thing. If he did then I stand corrected. If he did not then stop adding your words and conclusions to the bible, and the teachings of Christ.
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 21:58
    So how about this Raj. If somebody hasn't looked into the bible, perhaps they have a totally different faith, they might not know. Maybe they are an atheist and have no interest in even checking things out, then ditto.

Is it not also possible to be in a Christian denomination who teach falsehoods, so thinking that you have the truth never verify your understanding or the interpretation that the church places on the scriptures, so it's like walking into a lighted room with your eyes closed?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 22:021 edit
    @medullah said
    So how about this Raj. If somebody hasn't looked into the bible, perhaps they have a totally different faith, they might not know. Maybe they are an atheist and have no interest in even checking things out, then ditto.

Is it not also possible to be in a Christian denomination who teach falsehoods, so thinking that you have the truth never verify your understanding or the ...[text shortened]... the church places on the scriptures, so it's like walking into a lighted room with your eyes closed?
    All religions that I know of preach the very same thing Jesus preached about good works, good deeds, righteousness, telling the truth, avoiding sin, fornicaton and adultery, etc, etc.. These teachings are contained in all religions and even an atheist knows of these basic truths of human living. If you have an example of what falsehoods you refer to then please provide one.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 22:02
    @rajk999 said
    There are people who call evil good, and good evil. They know right from wrong, but they still do it.

Your conclusion that they do not know right from wrong is incorrect and not in the bible. Certainly Jesus said no such thing. If he did then I stand corrected. If he did not then stop adding your words and conclusions to the bible, and the teachings of Christ.
    So it is your belief that everyone knows right from wrong, but those who say what is wrong is actually right know they are liars. They do not actually believe what they claim.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 22:06
    @eladar said
    So it is your belief that everyone knows right from wrong, but those who say what is wrong is actually right know they are liars. They do not actually believe what they claim.
    Im waiting for the quote from Christ to support your statement.

The bible says everyone knows good from evil and right from wrong.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 22:221 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Im waiting for the quote from Christ to support your statement.

The bible says everyone knows good from evil and right from wrong.
    So you are unwilling to answer an honest follow up question to clarify what you said.

Obviously you are just playing games.

By the way, quote the Bible where it says everyone believes God truth.
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 22:26
    How about these

1) The Church of England says very little in practice about the legalised murder that we call war. If the main churches had stood by the principal that murder is wrong, then we wouldn't have had allegedly Christian countries slogging it out with each other in WW2. It hasn't stopped since, this isn't ancient history. Lip service is paid to the sanctity of life by the major religions

2) The bowing before statues and graven images is forbidden

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Yet we seem to have this idea promoted (e.g. Catholicism) that it's OK to bow before statues/crosses as long as its one of "our" statues. Idolatry is a good example of something forbidden but taught as allowable.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 23:041 edit
    @medullah said
    How about these

1) The Church of England says very little in practice about the legalised murder that we call war. If the main churches had stood by the principal that murder is wrong, then we wouldn't have had allegedly Christian countries slogging it out with each other in WW2. It hasn't stopped since, this isn't ancient history. Lip service is paid to the sanctity of ...[text shortened]... its one of "our" statues. Idolatry is a good example of something forbidden but taught as allowable.
    You would be hard-pressed to find anywhere in the bible supporting your opinion that war is legalised murder. The bible is full of war condoned by God and Jesus made no mention of it, as far as I can remember. Murder is wrong war is not. War is result of a dispute between countries and I guess in the end God will judge which country was in the right and which was wrong. Neither is there anything in the bible called the sanctity of life. You are superimposing your human opinions of the teachings of God and Christ.

WW2 was the result of the evil desires of one sick man. It was the right and just thing for countries to get together to put an end to his rampage. People die in war. Its not big deal in the overall scheme of things.

The worship of images and idols is grave error of some churches and God will judge them. There are Catholics who know that this is wrong and yet they still do it.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '21 23:232 edits
    @Rajk999

There are those who believe that when the Israelites wiped out every man, woman and child they committed an evil act. I believe what they did was good.

Do those people who claim evil actually believe as I do but lie and claim it was evil? Or do I not know my belief is false and I believe the act was evil?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree