Teaching Creationism is a crime.

Teaching Creationism is a crime.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by King Tiger
This sounds very reminiscent of the policies of the Atheistic totolitarian regimes of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, and Mao Zedong who killed millions. Far more died at the hands of Atheism in the 20th century then the previous 19 centuries combined from Christians.

Why so much irrational hate on your part? More harmful than sexual abuse? Really? Where h ...[text shortened]... this before and it never ceases to amaze me to what levels of irrational hate people will go to.
At the hands of atheism? Can you prove 'atheism' was the motivating force behind the killings?

Ro

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

This sounds very reminiscent of the policies of the Atheistic totolitarian regimes of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, and Mao Zedong who killed millions. Far more died at the hands of Atheism in the 20th century then the previous 19 centuries combined from Christians.

Why so much irrational hate on your part? More harmful than sexual abuse? Really? Where h ...[text shortened]... this before and it never ceases to amaze me to what levels of irrational hate people will go to.
Except, of course, it isn't true. No-one died, or has ever died, at the hands of Atheism.

Atheism is the absence of belief in something.

The individuals you name also did not believe in unicorns. So do you also attribute these deaths to a-unicornism?

Now you might try to take me to task for a semantic distinction, and say you only meant 'at the hands of atheists'.

But the attempt to try and portray atheism as a belief system, so that they can try and lump a group of completely disparate people into it and then blame this system for some of the evils of the world is a typical theistic misrepresentation.

And the fact that you gave Atheism a capital letter suggests you may think along these lines.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Except, of course, it isn't true. No-one died, or has ever died, at the hands of Atheism.

The individuals you name also did not believe in unicorns. So do you also attribute these deaths to a-unicornism?

Now you might try to take me to task for a semantic distinction, and say you only meant 'at t ...[text shortened]...

And the fact that you gave Atheism a capital letter suggests you may think along these lines.
No, atheism is the belief that God does not exist and that anything is okay as long as you can get away with it.

The Instructor

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
No, atheism is the belief that God does not exist and that anything is okay as long as you can get away with it.

The Instructor
Oh dear, guilty as charged, here is a list of famous atheists who have obviously thought that "anything is okay as long as you can get away with it."

Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman, Richard Branson, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Katharine Hepburn, Claude Monet, Brad Pitt, Vincent van Gogh.

Wow! A real rogues' gallery of cheap conmen! I guess your point is proved.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
Oh dear, guilty as charged, here is a list of famous atheists who have obviously thought that "anything is okay as long as you can get away with it."

Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman, Richard Branson, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Katharine Hepburn, Claude Monet, Brad Pitt, Vincent van Gogh.

Wow! A real rogues' gallery of cheap conmen! I guess your point is proved.
Right as usual.

The Instructor

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
02 Nov 13

Right as usual.

The Instructor
Okay. If you can prove your point with every one of these people that I listed then I will accept your argument, put on my sackcloth and ashes, wash out my mouth with carbolic, and promise to be a Young Earth Creationist for ever.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13

Okay. If you can prove your point with every one of these people that I listed then I will accept your argument, put on my sackcloth and ashes, wash out my mouth with carbolic, and promise to be a Young Earth Creationist for ever.
I thought you said my point was already proved. What happened?

The Instructor

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
02 Nov 13

I thought you said my point was already proved. What happened?

The Instructor
It's called irony. Probably too complex to you guys.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Nov 13

Far more died at the hands of Atheism in the 20th century then the previous 19 centuries combined from Christians.

Your credibility just shot out of the window!

You reckon you have 3 degrees and studying for 2nd doctorate?

What BS institutions are they from?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

This sounds very reminiscent of the policies of the Atheistic totolitarian regimes of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, and Mao Zedong who killed millions.
Atheistic totolitarian regimes
I didn't realize that the deaths of so many could be attributed to the fanatic followers of a godless cairn terrier.

It explains a lot, though.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Nov 13

...which is why I am not an atheist. Thank you for corroborating this.

King Tiger, you seem an intelligent person, and I hope, therefore, that your academic scholasticism is matched by a healthy dose of common sense. I do not hate anyone, because as the Lord Buddha taught: hate is not conquered by hate. Hate is conquered by love. I am not a Buddhist eit ...[text shortened]... f poetic hyperbole for emphasis in the "sexual abuse" statement, but not of hatred or ignorance.
hate is not conquered by hate. Hate is conquered by love.
Assuming, of course, that hate is undesirable and must be conquered.

I am not a Buddhist either, for that matter, but this statement seems to me to contain an eternal truth.
An eternal truth?
How do you define this, exactly?

I do not stuff them with my own thoughts, because, as Kahlil Gibran observed in The Prophet "they have their own thoughts".
Horse carp.
If you are informed by any thought--- and you are--- if you are in possession of any philosophy--- and you are--- you cannot help but transfer some of that thought to folks with whom you come in contact... regardless of what drives you.

So, about teaching YEC. Yes, my common sense tells me that it is a crime.
I agree. YEC is in violation of every known fact, most emphatically, the Bible.

You may accuse me, rightfully, of poetic hyperbole for emphasis in the "sexual abuse" statement, but not of hatred or ignorance.
YEC is a crime against both individuals and society based on misreading the Bible, taking a hard right and then keep running.
But it's a misreading borne of ignorance, not agenda-driven purposeful action.

Sexual abuse is a crime against an individual that is based on purposeful action--- at least in today's society.

To liken action that is purposed with action based on ignorance is to invite ridicule, scorn and vociferous objection.
You ought not to feign innocence.

Ro

Moves
03 Nov 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Atheistic totolitarian regimes
I didn't realize that the deaths of so many could be attributed to the fanatic followers of a godless cairn terrier.

It explains a lot, though.
And the Nazis used to click their heels together.

The truth is out there.....

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider

Now you might try to take me to task for a semantic distinction, and say you only meant 'at t ...[text shortened]...

LOL, Atheism the great not my fault belief system.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 13

It's called irony. Probably too complex to you guys.
"... you guys."? Seriously, if you are going to lump everyone together who
acts like one who is a Creationist, then you have no right to ignore the
claims that Atheist do evil things and get away with it due to the good
record of a handful.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
At the hands of atheism? Can you prove 'atheism' was the motivating force behind the killings?
What a worthless question, it is a matter of how people behave and you
have people in all belief systems AND or non belief systems. People will
kill in the name of "pro life", people will steal while pushing aid for others.
People do evil things, and they do try to hide their evil actions by trying
to hide in good causes or groups. What motivation is required is lust, greed,
and so on, and you can have that in or out side of religious beliefs or even
non beliefs.
Kelly