Teaching Creationism is a crime.

Teaching Creationism is a crime.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
01 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is no room for a gap if it all took place in 6 days like is written in the Holy Bible. If we can't except this clear account as written, why shouldn't Christians doubt everything else written in the Holy Bible like the atheists do?

The Instructor
I'm not familiar with the "gap" idea everyone keeps talking about. However, God could do what He wants, but He chooses not to. He could just speak His Word to everyone like He did with Moses. But He chooses to use people, places and things to speak for Him. I can say God chooses to use His creation to speak for Him.

Privately, God does talk to all of us, individually. Loudly, as in Saul's moment, or Quietly as in Elijias moment. As scripture states.

The bible is written for everyone at all levels of faith. As children, in faith we read it at a certain level. If we never choose to grow in our faith, we never grow into the deeper understanding of scripture.

Yes, God could have created to universe in 6 days. 6 seconds for that matter. Instantly, if you think about it. The true answer to me is not as important as knowing that God did do the creating.

Jesus told the teachers of His day, not the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law. The same principal applies here. The matter of time is not as important as the fact it was created.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 13
3 edits

Cross Examination of Dr. Stephen C. Meyer.

One included question - Did Discovery Institute (DI) [edited] conspire to have creationism inserted in school text books and taught in schools ? Did they practice deceptive activity on a Texas school campus ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 13
2 edits

There is no room for a gap if it all took place in 6 days like is written in the Holy Bible. If we can't except this clear account as written, why shouldn't Christians doubt everything else written in the Holy Bible like the atheists do?

The Instructor
Why don't you model yourself to fit into God's mold, instead of modeling God to fit into your mold?

You're like that guy in The Princess Diaries, everyone kept telling him "I don't think that word means what you think it does." Only I'm saying to you, "I don't think God's Word means what you think it does."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I'm not familiar with the "gap" idea everyone keeps talking about. However, God could do what He wants, but He chooses not to. He could just speak His Word to everyone like He did with Moses. But He chooses to use people, places and things to speak for Him. I can say God chooses to use His creation to speak for Him.

Privately, God does talk to all of us, ...[text shortened]... same principal applies here. The matter of time is not as important as the fact it was created.
Yes, God could have created to universe in 6 days. 6 seconds for that matter. Instantly, if you think about it.
Or 13 billion years, for that matter.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Why don't you model yourself to fit into God's mold, instead of modeling God to fit into your mold?

You're like that guy in The Princess Diaries, everyone kept telling him "I don't think that word means what you think it does." Only I'm saying to you, "I don't think God's Word means what you think it does."
I think God's word means what it says, my lady. It says nothing about a gap theory.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yes, God could have created to universe in 6 days. 6 seconds for that matter. Instantly, if you think about it.
Or 13 billion years, for that matter.
However, God told Moses how long it took. God apparently did not fool around for 13 billion years, if we take Him at His word. There is also scientific evidence that granite in the earth had to solidify in less than 3 minutes.

http://www.pacinst.com/polonium.htm

Fingerprints of Creation - Dr. Robert Gentry

The Instructor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

I think God's word means what it says, my lady. It says nothing about a gap theory.

The Instructor
Listen it does not say anything about Rapture, but many people accept
it talks about an event that they call Rapture. We don't see the word
dinosaur in it either, but a couple of creatures are described that may
be some, that word wasn't even part of anyone's language when the
scripture was being written. Why argue about something that changes
nothing of note?
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
Listen it does not say anything about Rapture, but many people accept
it talks about an event that they call Rapture. We don't see the word
dinosaur in it either, but a couple of creatures are described that may
be some, that word wasn't even part of anyone's language when the
scripture was being written. Why argue about something that changes
nothing of note?
Kelly
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NKJV)

Rapture is a word that means this idea of those believers that remain alive being "caught up" in the air to be with the Lord. So even though there may be some unbiblical applications for this rapture, the idea is there. This is not true of the gap theory.

The word dinosaur wasn't even invented until about the 1800's, so one would not expect that word to be used instead of "dragon" and "sea monster" or the exact name we give a specific dinosaur today instead of the name they gave it. Again the idea is there, but not for the gap theory.

Don't be ignorant my brother.

The Instructor

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

The Idiot
The Corrector

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Nov 13

[b]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NKJV) ...[text shortened]... he idea is there, but not for the gap theory.

Don't be ignorant my brother.

The Instructor[/b]
If you read what I said, I pointed out that rapture though believed in
was not in scripture and the word dinosaur isn't in scripture, because
the word wasn't around when scripture was written, you basically just
said what I told you.

I can without a doubt point to Gen 1:1 and 1:2 and say there could
be time between the two, and justify it like the other two words we
just discussed. It can be something people see, but is NOT in the
scripture itself as both rapture and dinosaur are. Again, why are you
being so obtuse over this? It changes nothing, God created the universe
either a few thousand years ago or billions and started over with all
things being new. As I told you, we are in agreement that it didn't happen
but to just blow it off as if a case cannot be made for it, isn't wise.
Kelly

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Pianoman1
To teach young children today that the world is less than 10,000 years old amounts to the most awful abuse. To warp young minds with the staggeringly ignorant dictum that faith is more important than evidence is more harmful than sexual abuse. To deny the youth of today access to scientific empiricism because it doesn't corroborate a fable written by a wan ...[text shortened]... love of knowledge. I believe the teaching of Creationism in schools to be a very serious crime.
This sounds very reminiscent of the policies of the Atheistic totolitarian regimes of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, and Mao Zedong who killed millions. Far more died at the hands of Atheism in the 20th century then the previous 19 centuries combined from Christians.

Why so much irrational hate on your part? More harmful than sexual abuse? Really? Where have you read that in psychology?

Wow, I've heard this before and it never ceases to amaze me to what levels of irrational hate people will go to.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13

If you read what I said, I pointed out that rapture though believed in
was not in scripture and the word dinosaur isn't in scripture, because
the word wasn't around when scripture was written, you basically just
said what I told you.

I can without a doubt point to Gen 1:1 and 1:2 and say there could
be time between the two, and justify it like the ot ...[text shortened]... it didn't happen
but to just blow it off as if a case cannot be made for it, isn't wise.
Kelly
I am wise, because I accept the word of God and God does not allow for a gap theory of millions and billions of years there. God told Moses that the physical creation only took 6 days, which does not allow for a gap of a billion, a million, a thousand, or even a hundred years.

The Instructor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Nov 13

I am wise, because I accept the word of God and God does not allow for a gap theory of millions and billions of years there. God told Moses that the physical creation only took 6 days, which does not allow for a gap of a billion, a million, a thousand, or even a hundred years.

The Instructor
I agree with you 6 days, to create this universe!
DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND THAT!

That said, in the beginning could have been another time that God did
a work and the earth was a part of it, and the first day of the restoration
was day one. AGAIN not what I believe in, but it isn't as cut and dry
as your making it.
Kelly

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Nov 13

I don't see any gap. Genesis 1:1 - 1:5 took place on day 1.

The Instructor
"I don't see any gap."

No one would or could unless academically trained in the isagogics, categories and exegesis (ICE Format) of the Hebrew Language of the original text or systematically exposed to a pastor/teacher who had acquired these textual/analytical skills.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Nov 13

I agree with you, if God does not create, why bother with the rest?
Kelly
Omnipotent/Omniscient God does create; allow chaos; and restore in His own perfect time consistent with His perfect plan. It's a colossal mistake to summarily dismiss biblical truths we haven't yet been taught and, therefore, fail to understand.