Sunday afternoon lynchings

Sunday afternoon lynchings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes how can that be, i find nothing immoral about exercising the right of self determination in matters relating to medical practice and yet i find lynching a man after a church service on Sunday to be almost incredulous. They appear to me to be so far removed as to be almost unrelated, infact the only thing linking them is that they may be religious ...[text shortened]... nd that you think that exercising the right of self determination is the same as lynching a man?
Dead child. Defenders of the parents letting it die could perhaps argue it was about the parents' "self determination" in doing what their God wants. Dead black man. Defenders of the lynchings could perhaps argue that the lynch mob were exercising their "self determination" in doing what their God wants, if indeed that was what they were doing.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

already answered, he made a comparison. . . . .
The question is, how do you link divegeester personally to the murder of those 4000 people? You are dodging. Copy paste where you answered this.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
The question is, how do link divegeester personally to the murder of those 4000 people? You are dodging. Copy paste where you answered this.
I already have, he made a comparison. . . .He appears to me to be bigoted and hateful and ignorant as well. In view of his or your inability to provide any evidence to the contrary (his love or compassion) i have the unfortunate task of pronouncing him bigoted, hateful and ignorant. To what extent remains a matter of conjecture.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
The question is, how do link divegeester personally to the murder of those 4000 people? You are dodging. Copy paste where you answered this.
already answered this.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Are we to understand that you think that exercising the right of self determination is the same as lynching a man?
I am saying that letting a child die for want of medical treatment because the parents want to please/not displease their God figure ~ a.k.a. religious child sacrifice ~ and lynching a man because he is black, are both morally reprehensible actions. If the latter is done because the perpetrators want to please/not displease their God figure, then the comparison is all the more interesting.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

...i have the unfortunate task of pronouncing him bigoted, hateful and ignorant. To what extent remains a matter of conjecture.
But you have claimed he is "equally as hateful" as those who lynched black people.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

already answered this.
Copy paste the text you typed where you are claiming you answered it.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Dead child. Defenders of the parents letting it die could perhaps argue it was about the parents' "self determination" in doing what their God wants. Dead black man. Defenders of the lynchings could perhaps argue that the lynch mob were exercising their "self determination" in doing what their God wants, if indeed that was what they were doing.
I don't think you understand self determination, the clue is in the term self. So a parent refusing doctors permission to give a child a blood transfusion is the same as watching a man being lynched and inviting all your family and friends and sending out postcards as well. Is that what you are saying?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Copy paste the text you typed where you are claiming you answered it.
I have answered it above I will not do so again.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

What's stopping you from looking for answers to your own question? Do you have some sort of disability?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
But you have claimed he is "equally as hateful" as those who lynched black people.
the i retract it and say that i have no way of knowing what extent his hatred takes simply that he appears to me to be hateful.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
yes probably the best thing you have said yet.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

I don't think you understand self determination, the clue is in the term self. So a parent refusing doctors permission to give a child a blood transfusion is the same as watching a man being lynched and inviting all your family and friends and sending out postcards as well. Is that what you are saying?
I am saying that they are both morally reprehensible actions ~ the JW child sacrifice certainly being rooted in religious conviction ~ and the lynchings apparently/possibly rooted in religious conviction. That they are both morally reprehensible actions is the commonality, not the details of the unnecessary death involved.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What's stopping you from looking for answers to your own question? Do you have some sort of disability?
why would a disability stop me.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

I have answered it above I will not do so again.
In which of your posts do you claim you answered it?