Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Ask Allah!
"what possible difference would it make... " in the total scheme
of both temporal and eternal consequences of decisions made.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.” -Oscar Wilde

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
13 Sep 13

“Imagine a number of men in chains, all under sentence of death, some of whom are each day butchered in the sight of the others; those remaining see their own condition in that of their fellows, and looking at each other with grief and despair await their turn. This is an image of the human condition.” - Blaise Pascal (as quoted by Michel Houellebecq in the Paris Review)

Moves
13 Sep 13

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
“Imagine a number of men in chains, all under sentence of death, some of whom are each day butchered in the sight of the others; those remaining see their own condition in that of their fellows, and looking at each other with grief and despair await their turn. This is an image of the human condition.” - Blaise Pascal (as quoted by Michel Houellebecq in the Paris Review)
Specific to your comment, I hope you get to see this play.

this video won't do it justice in terms of what you say.

It starts off with men being killed, one after another.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.” -Henry David Thoreau

Helpless and hopeless without stabilizing vectors in their lives...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Sep 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"what possible difference would it make... " in the total scheme
of both temporal and eternal consequences of decisions made.
You are asking what difference it makes if you believe in god or not and deduce you are better off believing.

But what if their is a god (Allah for instance) who favours atheists to Christians.

Would that not be a real difference?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Sep 13

Helpless and hopeless without stabilizing vectors in their lives...
What BS is this?
Expalin! 😠

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

You are asking what difference it makes if you believe in god or not and deduce you are better off believing.

But what if their is a god (Allah for instance) who favours atheists to Christians.

Would that not be a real difference?
"If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?"

No. Categorically, an atheist shouldn't care who a theist believes in or the deity's name. Why even talk about it?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

What BS is this?
Expalin! 😠
Think about your own life since earliest toddlerhood when you were attempting to get vertical, so that you could explore your world horizontally. Did you accomplish your growth to physical, social, intellectual and spiritual maturity alone?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

"Arrogance can be wounded, virtue can't." -RB Thieme, Jr.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
13 Sep 13

"If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?"
i must have read that quote two dozens times. it just struck me as odd, but for a different reason than what you may think: people should place their faith in god out of love, not out of convenience, or fear from the possible consequences...

just a thought 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 13

Originally posted by empovsun
i must have read that quote two dozens times. it just struck me as odd, but for a different reason than what you may think: people should place their faith in god out of love, not out of convenience, or fear from the possible consequences...

just a thought 🙂
Insightful. God has more enemies than anyone and treats every one better than they deserve.
His continuing motivations are unfailing love and desire for their reconciliation to himself.

Moves
13 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by empovsun

just a thought 🙂
"...people should place their faith in god out of love, not out of convenience, or fear from the possible consequences..."

What should be done is one thing, what is done is another. Faith in some cases may be a perverse case of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 13

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" Quran 8:12

Moves
13 Sep 13

"God's only excuse is that he does not exist." Stendhal.