Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Dec 13

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites." - Thomas Jefferson

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Dec 13

"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

w

Moves
05 Dec 13

There are 2 rules for success in life......

1. Never reveal everything you know.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey
There are 2 rules for success in life......

1. Never reveal everything you know.
Hah! Very good.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Dec 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled
to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

[b] Harlan Ellison
[/b]
As Dilbert screamed into his phone a few weeks back: "Ignorance is not an opinion!!"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists."
-Blaise Pascal
Wagering is not the same as faith, or heartfelt belief.

This wager gets you absolutely nothing if you do not believe in your heart.

And this is why this argument should not be embraced by Christians. Your belief needs to be deeper than 'just with the mouth', and those who are not Christian won't get this concept if just presented with this argument. It sounds like a free ride, which is not faith. I believe in presenting those who would be Christians with the truth up front. I don't believe in saying "Here's your ticket, say this, and bam, you're in!" It's far more than that.

S

Utrecht

Moves
07 Dec 13

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wagering is not the same as faith, or heartfelt belief.

This wager gets you absolutely nothing if you do not believe in your heart.

And this is why this argument should not be embraced by Christians. Your belief needs to be deeper than 'just with the mouth', and those who are not Christian won't get this concept if just presented with this argument. ...[text shortened]... believe in saying "Here's your ticket, say this, and bam, you're in!" It's far more than that.
Must take a rare exception, Suzi. Pascal offers the 'so as by fire' option of last resort; same one exercised by the criminal thief at Golgotha moments before his death. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 "Whoever" means any member of the human race-- religious, irreligious, non-religious, moral, immoral, amoral-- anyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith alone in Christ alone is nonmeritorious; there are no works or human merit. The value of faith rests in its object.

For salvation, the object of faith is the impeccable person and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Emotions [feelings] of appreciation and gratitude may result from salvation but, according to scripture, are never the means. Heart in the primary language of the New Testament (Koine Greek) is Kardia. It refers to the human mind which processes and assimilates information, stores knowledge and circulates thought... simulating the function of the human heart organ with blood. Head and Heart belief are distinctions without a difference. Belief takes place in the mind, not the body. More importantly, adding anything to faith nullifies God's Grace. None of us are good enough to help God with our good works; none of us are bad enough to escape His Perfect Plan and Gift of Grace. It's fashionable today to add something to faith as a requirement for salvation: an unbeliever can't make Christ Lord or love Him. You can't even love human beings until you get to know them.

Once saved, systematic exposure to accurate teaching of Bible Doctrine is the means for an infant to mature and acquire the Mind of Christ. The importance of Bible doctrine cannot be overemphasized. God commands the Christian to be inwardly transformed (Romans 12:2). This transformation requires a daily renewing of the mind through learning and applying the Word of God (2 Cor. 4:16; Eph. 4:23). We were both saved the same way: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Eph. 2:8-9.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Dec 13

"Christ Jesus the son of Mary was no more than a Messenger of Allah,
and his word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from
Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not ‘Trinity": desist, it will
be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him, for Exalted is He
above having a son."

Muhammad

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 13

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." Adolf Hitler

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." Adolf Hitler
You get your spirituality quotes from Hitler?!!? 🙄

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You get your spirituality quotes from Hitler?!!? 🙄
Funny thing is that he kept vacillating between theist and atheist; as a deceiver, he certainly understood the lie.

w

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Mark Twain

(my take on not casting pearls before swine) 😵

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Dec 13

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

w

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

"A dog will look up to you, a cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you square in the eye."

?????

I like my version better. 😵