Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
314d

@kellyjay said
We are the ones that use narratives to describe things, nature as the topic is simply the governing laws that all the material and immaterial things in the world run on. So when any one of us starts telling another about how they think what is going on in the universe, what is true or false in the universe, both sides of any discussion are presenting explanations that come ...[text shortened]... turning it into something more about us, than the universe itself, in other words, you are dodging.
You seem to be posting stuff now, just for the sake of it.

And btw, you’re the only one “avoiding discussion” KellyJay.

F

Moves
314d

@kellyjay said
nature as the topic is simply the governing laws that all the material and immaterial things in the world run on.
Maybe these "laws" ~ actually they are just descriptions of the universe around us ~ are the nearest we can get to perceiving a creator entity, if there is one.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
298d

All these posts and absolutely no proof for the existence of any god , let alone proof of the magical things that theists claim that this god has done .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
298d

@caissad4 said
All these posts and absolutely no proof for the existence of any god , let alone proof of the magical things that theists claim that this god has done .
Evidence can be right in front of you but you can still deny it. The fact there is everything, as opposed to nothing, shows something that transcends the universe created it, but you can deny it without giving a reason for your denial. The fine-tuning of the universe shows it wasn't haphazardly made, it is set up for life right here under a myriad of precise conditions making Earth life friendly, but you can deny that without giving a reason.

We have conscious minds, we are self-aware, which isn't explainable by a mindless process that would have been unguided and unconcern about improving or even recognizing itself. All the forward-thinking that had to have taken place setting up error checking, and on-off mechanisms in life are not products of a mindless unguided process driven by chance.

The FACT that unlimited time is fiction since there was a beginning, and even if you had unlimited time it doesn't help if the timing for life-friendly movement with just dead chemicals reacting to one another are not met for each step of the way towards life.

The readable DNA also suggests design since it is only because we can read and understand each other with our written and spoken words can we recognize symbols that carry meaning which we find in DNA as we have mapped it out.

Just to name a few odds and ends, but even when Jesus rose people from the dead it only pissed off some so they planned on killing Him. You can love the darkness, wallow in hate, and deny everything that could show you that you are wrong, and it will all fall back on you.

F

Moves
298d

@kellyjay said
Evidence can be right in front of you but you can still deny it.
Do you believe that the Book of Genesis is "evidence"?

F

Moves
298d

@kellyjay said
The FACT that unlimited time is fiction since there was a beginning, and even if you had unlimited time it doesn't help if the timing for life-friendly movement with just dead chemicals reacting to one another are not met for each step of the way towards life.
On what do you base the assertions "there was a beginning" and "unlimited time is fiction"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
297d

@caissad4 said
Faith does not, and never will, involve 'proof'.

That is not what faith is about.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
297d
2 edits

@suzianne said
Faith does not, and never will, involve 'proof'.

That is not what faith is about.
Fully agree.

However Christians of the KellyJay mode of thinking make wild assertions; E.g. rejecting the scientific explanation of gravity because they embrace the lunacy of alternative mythical explanations deriving from an ideology such as biblical flat earth.

All this stems from Biblical literalism and is a complex labyrinth of false faith, lies and conspiracy theories. Cultism of a sort.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
297d

“For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible.”
― Franz Werfel.

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d

@yo-its-me said
“For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible.”
― Franz Werfel.
Scientists have evidence without certainty; creationists have certainty without evidence.

"What can be claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchins.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d

@moonbus said
Scientists have evidence without certainty; creationists have certainty without evidence.

"What can be claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchins.
Dismissing evidence because of the ramifications is mindlessness in action.
I guess there is some symmetry in that.

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d

@kellyjay said
Dismissing evidence because of the ramifications is mindlessness in action.
I guess there is some symmetry in that.
You have not provided any evidence of a transcendental mind in action. Let us know when you have a working transcendental causality detector, and I'll be first one to congratulate you on the greatest invention since the wheel.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d

@moonbus said
You have not provided any evidence of a transcendental mind in action. Let us know when you have a working transcendental causality detector, and I'll be first one to congratulate you on the greatest invention since the wheel.
I have, you ignore it saying I'm humanizing things that we see, which is on one level true because we use our brains to do things that otherwise would not be done, so out of hand you blow it off. You find an excuse to blow off everything sent your way, you can ignore a mountain of evidence if you have a speck of doubt to cast on it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
297d

@moonbus said

"Yes, Mr. Hitchins. The beauty of it is that it is entirely your choice, no one else's." -- Suzianne

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
297d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I have, you ignore it saying I'm humanizing things that we see, which is on one level true because we use our brains to do things that otherwise would not be done, so out of hand you blow it off. You find an excuse to blow off everything sent your way, you can ignore a mountain of evidence if you have a speck of doubt to cast on it.
I am secure enough in my belief that I do not need to claim that there is any evidence whatsoever for my belief.

You (the non-specific you) don't believe what I believe? Great. You certainly do not have to.