Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
323d

@divegeester said
No one has said that.
No one here, no scientist, no book. Ever.

What is clear from this thread that you don’t even understand natural selection let alone the evolution of species.
… let alone the Bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
323d

@moonbus said
… let alone the Bible.
Oh please, you make proclamations about truth in science and scripture and go dark when asked to defend your views.

Moves
323d

@kellyjay said
Oh please, you make proclamations about truth in science and scripture and go dark when asked to defend your views.
LOL

You’re the one ignoring people like a child.

IP

Moves
322d

@kellyjay said
Small changes over time do not translate into wholesale changes over time. Accepting small changes in existing systems and features does not mean new systems and features will arise due to them.
So on the one hand you accept evolution as scientific fact, but on the other hand you don't actually think it happens. I don't think you know what you think.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
322d

@indonesia-phil said
So on the one hand you accept evolution as scientific fact, but on the other hand you don't actually think it happens. I don't think you know what you think.
The word carries different meanings than just one, not sure why you find this difficult to grasp. It can mean changing over time which no one disagrees with. How far those types of changes can go is a matter of controversy. You seem to think it only means one thing, that is not the case.

Über-Nerd

Moves
322d

@kellyjay said
What do you know?
I know that not one of the gospels was written by an eyewitness to a resurrection.

Moves
322d

@kellyjay said
The word carries different meanings than just one, not sure why you find this difficult to grasp. It can mean changing over time which no one disagrees with. How far those types of changes can go is a matter of controversy. You seem to think it only means one thing, that is not the case.
So you accept that species evolve through natural selection?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
322d

@moonbus said
I know that not one of the gospels was written by an eyewitness to a resurrection.
You don't know anything about any of the scriptures by your own rules, so whatever you tell me is as meaningless as your views about them. I accept the signatures on them and that they were addressed to people, I accept the historical proofs related to the scriptures, you got I wasn't there, therefore I don't know...powerfully put.

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
So you accept that species evolve through natural selection?
Kellyjay?

Moves
322d

KellyJay: I’m ignoring you

divegeester: well not really, as you’re reading my posts

KellyJay: I posted to some else that I wasn’t reading your posts

divegeester: but replied to one of my posts calling me a “liar” again a little while back so you must be reading them

KellyJay:

divegeester: KellyJay?

KellyJay:

divegeester: you concurred with me a while back the bible is not the inerrant, complete and exclusive word of god…

KellJay: liar!

divegeester: you just read that post!

KellyJay:

divegeester: if you are reading my posts then a) you lied when you said you weren’t, and b) you’re not actually ignoring me, are you?

KellyJay: ignoring means not replying to you.

divegeester: well that’s fine with me as your posts are furballs of doubling down nonsense and it means I can give you my thoughts to read, but I don’t have to read your replies.

KellyJay:

Moves
322d

Some light relief 😄

F

Moves
322d

Ha!

Über-Nerd

Moves
322d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You don't know anything about any of the scriptures by your own rules, so whatever you tell me is as meaningless as your views about them. I accept the signatures on them and that they were addressed to people, I accept the historical proofs related to the scriptures, you got I wasn't there, therefore I don't know...powerfully put.
Not one of the gospel authors was there either. And that’s telling. Mark’s was the earliest gospel, and he never knew Jesus. Most biblical scholars put the composition of Mark’s gospel no earlier than 80 AD, some as late as 110 AD. That is a huge gap.

If someone told you he had been abducted by space aliens and his brain transplanted into another body, would you believe that, just on somebody’s say so? Now, suppose somebody told you that somebody else was kidnapped by space aliens, and somebody else’s brain was transplanted into another body, but he didn’t really see it himself. He just heard about it 2000 years ago. How credulous can you get?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
322d

@moonbus said
Not one of the gospel authors was there either. And that’s telling. Mark’s was the earliest gospel, and he never knew Jesus. Most biblical scholars put the composition of Mark’s gospel no earlier than 80 AD, some as late as 110 AD. That is a huge gap.

If someone told you he had been abducted by space aliens and his brain transplanted into another body, would you believe th ...[text shortened]... t he didn’t really see it himself. He just heard about it 2000 years ago. How credulous can you get?
You were not there so for you there is no way you can make any pronouncements on the validity by your standards, repeatedly saying you can’t know doesn’t change anything.

Moves
321d

@kellyjay said
You were not there so for you there is no way you can make any pronouncements on the validity by your standards, repeatedly saying you can’t know doesn’t change anything.
Oh my gosh … you WERE there!

KellyJay, why didn’t you say this earlier? Our whole relationship would be so much more affable.