Salvation belong to the Lord

Salvation belong to the Lord

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
You know what is proportional? You live in this world, it all started in one act of disobedience where our desire to be like God knowing good and evil started all of the murders, stealing, hate, and so on. One act was all it took, and you think you know what is proportional? You have eyes to see the outcome of all things so you know better than God what is evil and good?
And of course, your omnipotent God who could have prevented all of that doesn't share the responsibility, right?

F

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
You know what is proportional?
How does the suffering you believe Jesus endured for a few hours when he was executed by the Romans compare to the suffering that would be inflicted on someone if their body was burned in flames and they were kept alive for eternity so they would feel the agony? What comparison do you draw?

F

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
The solution of giving us all life, giving us the freedom to love and be loved? What was wrong with that? You are upset that evil is going to be dealt with harshly, that the guilty are all going to pay for the things they have chosen to do and say? You think it is not just that every evil and wicked deed are going to judged and all those that have done evil and wicked deeds ...[text shortened]... t seek God with all their hearts will find Him, they love their sins and want to stay in them, will.
Why do you think didn't Jesus arrange to have himself tormented in burning flames for eternity in order to "save" people rather than merely being executed?

F

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
calling someone a name like a fool is enough to put us in danger of Hell
Is burning someone in fire, and never stopping, a proportionately violent or disproportionately violent reaction to someone calling someone else a name like a fool?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 20

@vartiovuori said
And of course, your omnipotent God who could have prevented all of that doesn't share the responsibility, right?
He is sovereign, so His giving us the ability to make our own choices rests with Him. Our decisions rest on us.

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
He is sovereign
Except when it comes to creating a world where billions will end up in a lake of fire for eternity....then it all because of evil, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 20

@vartiovuori said
You think at all costs suffering should be avoided?

F

Moves
20 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
Morally incoherent torture should be avoided, surely we can agree on that? What would be the moral purpose of still torturing a non-believer in, say, 50,000,000,000 years from now? Is it a deterrent or warning to living non-believers? No. Does it protect believers from non-believers? No. Does it rehabilitate the non-believers? No. Does it educate or reform the non-believers? No. Does it teach any moral lessons or provide a paradigm for the administering of justice in human society? No. Morally speaking, what is its purpose?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 20

It isn't a matter of single sins that God is going to sort out people. The judge of all the earth will be doing to sorting, the very one who laid down His life for us, so there will be no excuses.

Matthew 13
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad. So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Moves
21 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
YES!

Of course it should.

Moves
21 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
Matthew 13
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad. So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
The key word in your post is word “LIKE”. It is the seventh word in the piece I’ve replied to. It is the word “LIKE”.

Do you understand the significance of the word “LIKE” in this context?

Do you understand what a SIMILE is?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simile

The sky today is LIKE the sea. It doesn’t mean it IS the sea. It is using the sea as a comparison.

The movie is LIKE a roller coaster. It doesn't mean that the movie IS a rollercoaster. There were no rollercoasters involved in watching of the movie.

There is no hell.
There is no lake of fire.
There is no multiheaded beasts.
There is no horsemen of the apocalypse

- Similes
- Metaphors
- Symbolisms

Can’t you get it through your skull!!
You are bringing the gospel and the nature of God into disrepute.
Educate yourself.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 20

@divegeester said
YES!

Of course it should.
Then after evil is dealt with thoroughly, after it is totally revealed for what it is, and does. It will be removed from the Kingdom of God, never to cause suffering and pain again, you can be glad. In the meantime, we are witnessing the fruit of good and evil.

Moves
21 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
Then after evil is dealt with thoroughly, after it is totally revealed for what it is, and does. It will be removed from the Kingdom of God, never to cause suffering and pain again, you can be glad. In the meantime, we are witnessing the fruit of good and evil.
Instead of this whimsical ‘Lord of the Rings’ good vs evil claptrap, perhaps you can muscle up the intellectual courage to address the content of my posts.

At least you are provoked enough to reply to one...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Feb 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
Instead of this whimsical ‘Lord of the Rings’ good vs evil claptrap, perhaps you can muscle up the intellectual courage to address the content of my posts.

At least you are provoked enough to reply to one...
Apologies, I didn't realize it was you who answered the question directed to someone else. After this post, don't look for any more from me to you, but I will address the content of your post since I find myself responding to you now.

You said the key was the words "is like," and for a part of that text, I agree with you. Where you error over and over is when you fail to acknowledge the words, "So it will be at the end of the age." From that point on, we are hearing of events that are coming as described. The is like is where men gather fish and sort them out, and so it will be are future events.

It is evil and righteousness; there will be no half and half, it will be one or the other among men, and that is found either in Jesus Christ our Savior, or us dying in our sins.

Matthew 13
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad.

So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

F

Moves
22 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace.
You have asserted, time and time again, that you are "wicked and evil" and that the world is a "cesspool of evil" and that you contribute to that "evil".

Does this mean that you are "evil" and not "righteous" and you will be thrown "into the fiery furnace"?

Or are there opinions you hold [i.e. "faith"] about yourself and your God figure that mean you will not be held personally accountable for being "wicked and evil"?