1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 13:48
    Psalm 3
    Salvation belongs to the Lord; your blessing be on your people! Selah

This is a divine act of God, anything less than that it isn't real.

Acts 4
    And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Salvation is through Jesus Christ, no other.

Ephesians 1
    so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

The Spirit of God is either in you as a guarantee or not, if not you don't belong to God.

This not a matter of parents, location of birth or where you were raised. It is between you and God, not you and everyone who agrees and disagrees with you.

Matthew 8
    When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, “Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 14:30
    @kellyjay said
    Psalm 3
    Salvation belongs to the Lord; your blessing be on your people! Selah

This is a divine act of God, anything less than that it isn't real.
    If it is a “divine act of God”, then why are people burnt alive in hell when God fails to enact his “divine act”?

In other words; if God is entirely responsible for this salvation, then when do people have to be burnt alive for eternity?

Note: I entirely support these scriptures and am attacking your erroneous doctrine of death, not the bible. As I know this will be your counter-measured reflective response. If you had the balls to make one that is.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 02:06
    @divegeester said
    If it is a “divine act of God”, then why are people burnt alive in hell when God fails to enact his “divine act”?

In other words; if God is entirely responsible for this salvation, then when do people have to be burnt alive for eternity?

Note: I entirely support these scriptures and am attacking your erroneous doctrine of death, not the bible. As I know this will be your counter-measured reflective response. If you had the balls to make one that is.
    You're off topic. As usual.

"God fails"? Those two words never go together moron.

People who reject "God's salvation" suffer "God's wrath".

There's no debate. It's what the Bible teaches. And what you reject.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:03
    @secondson said
    "God fails"? Those two words never go together moron.
    Was “moron” another one of the “terrible things” people have been calling Mr Trump?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:04
    @secondson said
    You're off topic. As usual.
    You’re reading comprehension is below par. As usual.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 07:35
    ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν ὅτι πᾶς ὁ ὀργιζόμενος τῷ ἀδελφῷ αὐτοῦ ἔνοχος ἔσται τῇ κρίσει· ὃς δ’ ἂν εἴπῃ τῷ ἀδελφῷ αὐτοῦ Ῥακά, ἔνοχος ἔσται τῷ συνεδρίῳ· ὃς δ’ ἂν εἴπῃ Μωρέ, ἔνοχος ἔσται εἰς τὴν γέενναν τοῦ πυρός.

Matthew 5:22

That word “Μωρέ” comes from the Greek “moros” meaning “moron”. Accordingly, Jesus says that anyone who says it is in danger of the fire of hell.

Is that the same fire in which people are burned alive and eternally? I’m curious.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 09:15
    @hakima said
    ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν ὅτι πᾶς ὁ ὀργιζόμενος τῷ ἀδελφῷ αὐτοῦ ἔνοχος ἔσται τῇ κρίσει· ὃς δ’ ἂν εἴπῃ τῷ ἀδελφῷ αὐτοῦ Ῥακά, ἔνοχος ἔσται τῷ συνεδρίῳ· ὃς δ’ ἂν εἴπῃ Μωρέ, ἔνοχος ἔσται εἰς τὴν γέενναν τοῦ πυρός.

That word “Μωρέ” comes from the Greek “moros” meaning “moron”. Accordingly, Jesus says that anyone who says it is in danger of the fire of hell.

Is that the same fire in which people are burned alive and eternally? I’m curious.
    SecondSon is not included in scriptures like the one you quote, they don’t apply to him.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 10:45
    @hakima said

The thing is people don't realize how high the bar is and how far below we are when it comes to standing before a Holy God and treating Him and each other. If calling someone a name like a fool is enough to put us in danger of Hell, the other things we do add on to our condemnation. Since this is the case, we cannot save ourselves; we require God to do it as was done for us by Jesus Christ. We either rest in what was done for us by Jesus Christ coming to Him or attempt to do it some other way, none of which will be accepted by God or enough to remove our guilt before God.

Yes to the same fire as well.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:07
    @kellyjay said
    The thing is people don't realize how high the bar is and how far below we are when it comes to standing before a Holy God and treating Him and each other. If calling someone a name like a fool is enough to put us in danger of Hell, the other things we do add on to our condemnation. Since this is the case, we cannot save ourselves; we require God to do it as was done for us ...[text shortened]... o it some other way, none of which will be accepted by God or enough to remove our guilt before God.
    This is mere misanthropy, impotence, and narcissism.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:27
    @hakima said

In Matthew 23:17 Jesus said, "Ye fools and blind:"

According to your logic Jesus is in danger of hell fire.

Moron ~ μωρός mōrós, mo-ros'; dull or stupid (as if shut up), i.e. heedless, (morally) blockhead, (apparently) absurd:—fool(-ish, X -ishness).

Divegeester put the words "God" and "fail" together saying "God fails" in the context of His salvation, inferring that the reason "people" get "burnt alive for eternity" is based on a faulty salvation.

It's moronic to think "God fails" when people choose to reject His salvation, and it's even more moronic for an alleged Christian to post that inference in a public forum.

Therefore divegeester is a moron, and I'm not the least concerned about going to hell for stating the fact.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:35
    @divegeester said
    SecondSon is not included in scriptures like the one you quote, they don’t apply to him.
    You have mischaracterized God and misrepresented His salvation in a public forum while claiming to be a Christian. That makes you a moron.

Not to mention the fact that you take every opportunity you can find to yoke together with unbelievers in denunciating Christians in this forum. That makes you a double-moron.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:36
    @fmf said
    Oh the irony!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:38
    @secondson said
    You have mischaracterized God and misrepresented His salvation in a public forum while claiming to be a Christian. That makes you a moron.
    It means your interpretation and his interpretation differ. This does not make either of you a "moron".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:44
    @secondson said
    Oh the irony!
    No, there is no irony.

KellyJay believes that, if his God figure were "fair", he would torment everyone in burning fire for eternity because, KellyJay says: we deserve it. So he says he is "glad" that God is not "fair". KellyJay believes the world is a cesspool of "evil" and he contributes to it and there is nothing he can do about it. These notions are straight ahead misanthropy and impotence. Then he believes he won't be tormented in burning fire for eternity because of what he believes, and he believes people who don't believe what he believes will be tormented in burning fire for eternity. That notion is straight ahead narcissism.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:58
    @secondson said
    Not to mention the fact that you take every opportunity you can find to yoke together with unbelievers in denunciating Christians in this forum.
    Neither Ghost of a Duke or I ~ unbelievers the both of us ~ ever "denunciate" Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree